2017 RAV4

2017 Toyota RAV4

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota RAV4?

A Real Gem in Style, Safety and Comfort

by Mimi K. from Beaverton, OR on Sun Mar 26 2017

I just purchased a Toyota RAV4 SE and couldn't be happier. The safety features and solid feel are excellent. The comfort and performance are also fantastic! You really feel you are driving a super high end car in all aspects. To be honest there are 3 things that I was disappointed with--my car had the Entunes Connected GPS Navigation System. Very much a let down in what you would expect- no way to get a map showing as you drove or even when getting directions. You got arrows and voice but no map. Also, no way to get the Entune apps promoted and showing. I called Entunes, Toyota, the GPS company and they all said those things not able to work in this model navigation system plus, you cannot install the Premium Entunes system to replace the connected one as hardware not included. The map was important to me, so I had to go to outside vendor and have a brand name navigation system installed. The second feature, no integration of garage door opener into the car in any way. I have to carry my opener with me. The outside vendor said they possibly could add something for several hundred dollars but after the navigation change out, definitely could not justify spending hundreds more just to not carry my garage door opener. The 3rd things, the splash up is atrocious. My car is white and after driving a few miles in rainy weather, the top surface of the back bumper was black, along with the entire rear liftgate and window, coated in mud film. I had mud flaps installed by the dealer and happy to say--excellent value for the money, the rear of the Rav stays clean now. They look sharp and are a solid addition. I also had the side mouldings put on, good additional protection and really improves the appearance of the vehicle. After those modifications, I feel I am driving a top car in comfort, safety, appearance and reliability. As far as safety features, Toyota now equips their Ravs with just about everything you could think of and it works so well. This car is luxury in safety features, comfort, reliability and appearance. Still have a constant smile on my face as I drive it. One other things, Toyota now has as standard the type of shifting system that cars like the Prius have had before, the anticipated shifting where you don't even feel the car shift, leads to much better fuel consumption, better ride and performance and more steady acceleration when you need to increase your speed, like when entering a freeway. By the way, if you happen to be in the Oregon area, a dealer in Hillsboro, Royal Moore Toyota, no personal connection, has a unique 20,000 mile Power Train Warranty, along with making a car buying experience so enjoyable and one in which you end up with friends, in every department. The personal care and recognition from your first day on is exceptional!

Great Mileage and Safety

by MTMartin2018 from Fort Wayne, IN on Fri Jul 27 2018

I downsized from a Highlander to the RAV4. I do a ton of driving so the better gas mileage is a plus. I love the advanced features like predictive cruise control and stay in the lane guidance. It makes me feel better when my young adult kids drive the car. It has taken some time to adjust to the smaller interior. It is quite smaller than the Highlander. I do love the Hybrid quietness and great gas mileage.

Great vehicle

by Jeri from on Sun Mar 26 2017

I have owned this vehicle for about 2 months and miss some of the features on my previous vehicle, but am overall well pleased with it. Love the blind sport mirrors, lane beepers, and the automatic slowing feature while in cruise control

Toyota Rav4

by Pritesh from Altamonte spring on Wed Mar 29 2017

Very smooth to handle and comfortable in all aspects.. powerful and good handling. I liked interior design very much.

1st new car in years!

by SK from Gettysburg, PA on Thu Nov 14 2019

I've only had this vehicle a couple days but I'm glad I chose it and was able to work the numbers to get it. It is my first new car (well, new to me, it's a used, 2017 model) in almost 12 years. It has a lot more room than my previous car and the "standard" items are a huge step up from the basic, bare minimum, things I had on that car. I love the color, the safety features and it drives very well. My last car was a Toyota and it lasted a long time, 190,000 + miles, until a deer totaled it. I'm hoping this Rav4 does just as well for me!

Love this car.

by RitaC from Easthampton, MA on Thu May 18 2017

This car run so smoothly and I can barely even hear the engine. I would have love the white color though but gray is not so bad either. Just tge right size for me and my family. I love the smart key system and the Bluetooth. Everything about it, I love.

Awesome car for student driver...

by Happy Consumer from Cedar Falls, Iowa on Thu Mar 23 2017

We picked this car for a new driver in the household. we really liked all the safety features it offers and makes us feel a bit better about letting them drive on their own. The safety features was definitely the selling point.

Toyota Rav-4 2017

by littlezeke from Green town PA on Mon Apr 24 2017

Toyota makes the best car i have ever owned, I have TWO Rav-4 1- 2003 and now a 2017

out of 5 starsReliability

GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY

by Danny C from FLEMINGTON NJ on Tue Nov 12 2019

Test drove the Nissan Rogue and Honda CRV, felt Toyota RAV4 was the best value of all. The Rogue was less in price, but it was very noisy from the engine and trans compartment. The ride was not sturdy or firm, but I liked the remote start only. CRV higher in price, comparable to the RAV4, but why pay more !

Review RAV4 2017

by Daily driving guy from Long Island, NY on Sat Apr 27 2019

This car suits all my needs! Drive is responsive with multiple mode of drives like economic, sports and regular! I am satisfied with its safety alert system like in-lane warning, emergency active accident deterrent alert, and so on! I have a few recommendations: 1. I hit my head a few times when I got in the driver seat because the roof is low and it hurts my neck, 2. The interior noise from engine could be hurt while accelerating, sound proof needs improved 3. The extra small side view attachment mirror is too small and far from the main side view mirror, making difficulty to view , could it be a side camera instead to detect and alert the traffic at the blind angle?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 57

Our Take on the 2017 Toyota RAV4

The verdict:

The 2016 Toyota RAV4 is a useful compact SUV, but the SE trim level is let down by a stiff ride and a high price tag.

Versus the competition:

The RAV4's slight update for 2016 brings it closer to the competition, but it still trails class leaders including the Chevrolet Equinox, Honda CR-V and Nissan Rogue.

Editor’s note: This review was written in April 2016 about the 2016 Toyota RAV4, but little of substance has changed. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

We tested a 2016 Toyota RAV4 in the new, sporty SE trim level, also equipped with the optional Advanced Technology Package that includes sonar parking sensors, 360-degree cameras, forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking and adaptive cruise control. The test SUV cost $34,595 including a $900 destination charge. The RAV4 also is sold in a new-for-2016 hybrid version, which is reviewed here.

Exterior & Styling