2001 Sequoia

2001 Toyota Sequoia

2001 Toyota Sequoia

Have You Driven the 2001 Toyota Sequoia?

Great, great, great, great SR5 2WD! but...

by Satisfied from Santa Cruz, California on Tue Sep 11 2012

I cannot say how great our Sequoia has been to us, it's reliable, comfortable, and did I mention reliable? I can hop in this car and drive it anywhere without having any sort of doubt. After owning a car for a decade, you can't help it to notice certain things, like Fuel economy. I get 17 MPG mixed driving and being extra cautious on the accelerator pedal, I do not think its great, but not bad either. The trip computer is not accurate, its off by about 2-3 mpg. When the trip computer says I get 20 MPGs, I calculate about 18.xx mpg. The driver's seat could roll back further, I am 6ft tall. The third row is actually pretty comfortable, but NO SPEAKERS! what the heck Toyota! So you have to really turn up the awesome JBL audio system (like you would't anyway). There is a defect with the rear latch system that causes the plastic handle to separate from the mechanism that actually opens the hatch, so you have to resort to using the power sliding rear door (they should of added an additional latch that opens from inside). Horsepower..240..sounds sorry but the truck hauls... literally we use it to tow as well and if feels like there is nothing back there. The only thing we have had to do is regular maintenance like oil changes every 5000 miles, transmission fluid, rear differential fluid, brakes, timing belt, etc. the truck has 200,000 + miles and it does not leak oil! not from anywhere not even the valve covers! this truck truly is great we love it and won't part with it for many more years.

the best

by DT08 from new berlin on Sat Nov 22 2008

i had two of these trucks and i owen my third 08 sequoia . i really love this type of suv! the best great for the winter!!

Great family vehicle!

by Alli on Fri Mar 02 2018

This SUV has been a great, reliable vehicle. Many options for more people to ride. We had a box on the top and it work d great. We towed a raft with no issues. We actually sad to sell it but we are downsizing due to grown kids.

EXCELLENT - Best vehicle purchase I ever made!

by Little Midnight from New England & Florida on Wed May 24 2017

I purchased my 2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD V8 as a used vehicle in 2006, and it has been with me for over 10 years. It has the best of everything - a 4WD V8 with nice styling & interior features, comfort for all passengers, excellent cargo capacity, 3rd row seating (not fold-flat), decent gas mileage for a large SUV, and 5k towing capacity. It handles very well in the rain/snow. Cargo area is cavernous - it's held everything I've put in the back. Best part: I'm over 100k I've barely put any money into it. Best vehicle purchase I ever made!

Great SR5 4WD

by Shenika369 from Selma, Al on Tue Mar 26 2013

This is a great car for a reasonable price with a luxery look and a powerful engine. I would recommend this car to anyone.

You just can't beat a Toyota!

by TraciM from Shelby, NC on Mon Mar 06 2017

We bought this car from a customer. We own a tire and auto service store. We serviced it for 13 years then bought it from her. It had 200k highway only miles (she commuted to Raleigh as a State Representative). We intended to keep it for 6 months then sell it and would could not imagine what to replace it with as it runs perfectly and suits our active lifestyle. We use it to haul bicycles and motorcycles and people!

Waiting of something to break... For 6 years!

by CheeseJoe from Evansville, Indiana on Sat Dec 21 2019

Began driving this SUV at around 180*** miles and thought it had only a little more life in it. Since then this truck has taken 6 trips cross country and not once let me down. This truck rips it in the mountains of Colorado, rides smooth on the flats of Kansas, and not once has failed to start in the dead of winter. I will never complain about anything other than gas mileage with this SUV.

The American made Sequoia is the best Toyota!

by rcyoung1 from Cincinnati, OH on Thu Mar 09 2017

This Sequoia Limited 4 X 4 is a great vehicle at a very reasonable price. It drives like a SUV with 50,000 miles or less. It will be nice to have the sun roof open this spring and take the boat to the lake. Pay attention though because you may forget the boat is back there when towing.

Fun vehicle

by Nico from Woodbridge,Virginia on Thu Oct 05 2017

This car meet all my needs , my family love it , my co-workers too , Toyota is the best brand around the world

Most reliable car I own.

by carlover from springboro,oh on Sun Jul 30 2017

This suv is great! The leg room throughout the car is great also. The aceleration is outstanding. The four wheel drive is excellent. This suv drives extremely well in the winter and the design is really good as well.

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 Toyota Sequoia

A family member in western Michigan bragged to us that Ludington is one of the three best places in the United States to watch a sunset, according to Playboy magazine. We didn’t even need that much of an excuse to jump into the 2001 Toyota Sequoia, a full-size sport-utility vehicle and the biggest Japanese auto product ever offered in North America.

Be prepared to pay a significant price for such mass and muscle. Our Sequoia Limited 4×4, with options like a power moonroof, side air bags and rear spoiler, cost $44,875. But at least one of us thinks it’s the perfect way to get to the best sunset of the summer.

She: What a treat it was to take a couple of days and meet up with... Read More