2002 Sequoia

2002 Toyota Sequoia

2002 Toyota Sequoia

Have You Driven the 2002 Toyota Sequoia?

Toyotas are the best

by Family with Four Kids from Mountain Town, Colorado on Mon Oct 01 2007

Now I know what everyone is talking about...bought our as a dealer demo (2002) with 24000 miles and have had it for 4 years. It has been the most reliable car we have ever owned and not one problem, unlike a suburban that went through THREE transmissions. We have hauled boats, trailers, popped out the seats (easy) and had every seats occupied with kids. It has room for luggage unlike other SUV's and we have made many ski trips with racks on top as well. This is a great family car and one you do not need to worry about having in the shop all the time. We LOVE ours.

After 10 Years still Great Ride

by Long term owner from Northfield New Jersey on Tue Feb 05 2013

We bought our Sequoia new as a Dealer demo with 2,500 miles in it. While I was leaning towards a 4 runner, the smaller body style felt cramped compared to our previous SUV (A 1991 Mitsubishi Montero) which was a big square box. I am very happy with the overall ride in this vehicle, we take it on long trips and always have had about 17 mpg even when riding 70+. It is quiet and comfortable. Hauls boats just fine, the anti skid VSC works great, ours was the first year for it and it has saved my butt on the ice and snow a couple of times when we were skiing. We have replaced the cat convertors had a minor leak in the power steering rack, and replaced the AC compressor under warranty . There are a couple of rust spots on either side on the edge of the rear wheels wells, right at the quarter panel weld but you cant see them easily. I have kept the maintenance up and the paint waxed, just replaced the slightly hazed headlights with new ones, and the truck looks new, even after 164,000 miles. The new units are a bit pricy now, but if you need a big hauler and intend to keep a vehicle for a long time I would highly recommend a Sequoia

Can't go wrong

by Pdhr54 from Kentucky on Fri Jul 24 2015

I purchased my 2002 Sequoia new. Since then, I have replaced tires, brake pads, inside door handles, and the back door latch. My husband got online and found out how to change the door handles and the latch and we ordered them at very little cost and he replaced them. I replaced the timing belt at around 110,000 miles because it was recommended. That's literally it other than the oil changes. Other than the back glass not going down, which I rarely used anyway so I haven't fixed it, it's still as good as new. If you're thinking of purchasing this vehicle, I wouldn't think twice. I'd trust mine to go to California and back. I bought my two teenagers Volvos because of their safety ratings and I've literally spent $3500 each on them in repairs in a short period of time. No comparison.

Solid Investment

by JHD3 from Maryland on Mon Dec 30 2013

I was skeptical in 2003 when I forked over a good chunk of change for an '02 Sequoia in '03 w/22k miles - but it's totally been worth it. At the end of '13 it has almost 200k and only minor things have broken. The plastic parts (door handles, etc) are wearing out and are being replaced as they snap. The rear seat rails have been inserted and removed so many times that the springs are shot and the third row seating is no longer possible. Other than that, it's been basic maintenance. It rides like a living room and tows our boat effortlessly. It's still on the road and hopefully I can post a 300k status in a couple of years!

Great Vehicle

by Bearmark12 from on Fri Jul 16 2010

Most comfortable SUV I've owned. Great interior features. Perfect for long trips. Feel Safe when traveling.

Extra comfort and safety

by harry the car specialist from Chicago, NY on Mon May 30 2011

The most amazing feature of this car is in its comfort and safety. I am driving this car and have travelled with it for long distances, and it has been the most comfortable car i have tried. The maintenance fees are so low and it practically needs only oil change most of the time. it's so powerful and gives you whatever you may expect from a SUV.

Awesome vehicle

by fisherman from Pittsburgh, PA on Thu Jul 01 2010

This vehicle is the most comfortable car/truck I have ever driven. It handles wonderfully and the gas mileage is great on the highway. Lots of features inside give something to all the passengers. Seperate temp and airconditioning controls allow the riders in the backseat to adjust for themselves. Third row seating means space for everyone. Stylish and attractive body. Tows our boat like there is nothing behind it.

Uses car for Towing

Very reliable car

by Outdoorsman from Utah on Tue Apr 17 2007

Solid performer - far better value than landcruiser I owned before with just a slighly rougher ride since its built on a Tundra body

Think Tundra with 8 passengers and comfort.

by Jeff from Small town, MN on Sun Jul 16 2017

Sequoia has a ton of features. Rear wheel with push button 4 wheel, great air, heat, and ventilation, tows heavy loads, huge sun roof, etc. The "Limited" model has it all! We have 190k on and still looks and runs real nice.

Reliable family packing - boat hauler - commuter

by CarMatt85 on Tue May 15 2018

This was the perfect vehicle for me. This was transferred to me by my parents in college. It has been in the family since new. This truck/suv has filled all of our needs in taking the family to the beach, hauling the boat, or moving. It has been my daily driver and I couldn't be happier with the power, safety, and reliability my Toyota Sequoia offers.

1 2 3