2003 Sequoia

4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

extraordinarily reliable and comfortable vehicle

by mom from Maryland on July 10, 2009

Have owned one of these for 6 1/2 years and this has been a dream SUV and a pleasure to travel in. Super reliable with nothing but routine maintenance. 3rd row seat is easy to get to and will actually seat 3 adults just a little tight. Vehicle is very tight and quiet even after 6 years and over 100,000 miles. Highway mileage has been 17+ which is pretty decent given the carrying capacity of the SUV. Seats are very comfortable and rear A/C distributes plenty of air to rear seat occupants. Great family vehicle. 4WD goes through the worst snow.

I just love my sequoia.

by foxynana from Warwick, NY on April 17, 2011

I purchaed my sequioa in 2003. I'm just getting ready to trade in now. If the gas prices were not so outrageous, I might purchase another. I have over 200,000 miles. It is great for long distance travel with the gas. Very comfortable.

Better than I expect

by Raymond from New York on May 30, 2011

Sequoia was recommended to me by a friend when I was about to buy a BMW X5. I did not regret changing my mind to a Seqoia even though I still drive my BMW 5 series. The truck is good on the road. I drove from NYC to Atlanta and back. The Truck was so comfortable in driving and use less gas than I expect and it save me a lot of money compared to flying a family of 5 to Atlanta and return plus my Kids love it so much. I recommend it any one who like good elevation and confortable driving with family.

My best friend

by Gina from Paso Robles, ca on August 15, 2011

I can only describe my Sequoia as my very best friend. I bought it about four years ago used. I have never had a suv that has givin me the reliable no headaches at all like this one. It seats eight and the ac is top notch the ride is wonderful and all I do is oil changes. Just had the brakes done normal wear at tear stuff. I never worry about a thing it always starts runs excellent and never lets me down. My 2002 z-71 tahoe by chevrolet let me down alot. I will never buy another kind of car but a toyota they are simply the very best. My daughter will be 16 in six years and I will hand it down to her and buy me a new one. That is how much trust I have in the seuuoia and toyota:)

Truck of my dreams....hasn't disapointed me yet!

by Toyota Lover from Cleveland, Ohio on December 27, 2007

I seen this truck at the 2003 Auto Rama - fell in love with it. Took a few years before I could get it....but she's mine now. It's great for long trips...very comfortable. Gas mileage might not be the best....but I had a 4-Runner before I got this one and the Sequoia does just as good if not better on gas mileage. I am from the northeat Ohio area and my brother lives in Jersey...I can make the trip there without filling up!! Don't think that's too bad.

Great SUV

by D & E from Alexandria, VA on November 19, 2011

This was our car...we loved it and only traded it in because we had no need for an SUV of this size. The one drawback is a large gas tank that gets about 13-15 mpg, but at least it takes Regular. If you need a three-row seat SUV that still has lots of cargo space, this the car for you.

Great vehicle

by dad from Illinois on July 11, 2011

This vehicle is great for what it was built for. I can haul 8 people and pull a boat or camper. We love it.

This truck is "thirsty"

by "EXXON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!" from Batavia, IL on July 11, 2006

I never thought gas would be well over $3 a gal, right after I bought a full size suv. This truck can really guzzle the fuel. The ride is very comfortble, and the styling is good. Whats the deal with the hidden clock? Plenty of room for doing everything with everyone. Just be sure you can fill the tank every few days.....

Does not recommend this car!!

Love this full-sized SUV!

by Jeff@atl from Atlanta, GA on April 10, 2015

I will say it once, and I will say it again - I have found the brand for me. I own a Camry with over 306,000 miles and my Sequoia now has over 193,000 miles, and it drives like new. The engine is smooth and powerful, and the SUV still looks great and is bullet-proof reliable. It is a bit thirsty on gas but it takes regular fuel which is still relatively cheap right now. I love it, and my family loves it. The key to finding a good Sequoia is not necessarily how many miles it has, but rather, how it has been kept and maintained. When I'm finished with this one, I'll buy another...

Vehicle for the Family

by Frosty from Turlock, CA on February 10, 2007

I purchased a 2003 Sequoia for my wife and son. My wife loves the vehilce and my son loves the DVD system it came with. I love that my family loves the vehicle, but the money needed to keep the gas tank full can get into the hundreds of dollars for the month. Big gas tank + bad gas mileage = $$$$. I love too drive this truck though so it is worth the money. It will be our family vehilce for many years.

1 2 3