2007 Sequoia

2007 Toyota Sequoia

2007 Toyota Sequoia

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota Sequoia?

Excellent SUV, but missing out on the features

by Toyota family from North Carolina on Thu Oct 29 2009

We traded in our wonderful 2006 4-Runner Limited for a 2007 Sequoia Limited with the luxury package included (center console installed within the first row seats). It's been a fantastic vehicle for our family of four plus our 80lb yellow lab. We test drove the 2008 Sequoias with much disappointed. Yes, it had all of the bells and whistles, but we felt like we were driving a rig; it was overpowering! We went ahead and had back-up sensors and bluetooth added, since the 07's did not offer these typical features (Toyota missed the boat on this!). In addition, we were disppointed that our 07 was not satellite radio equipped. Another big disappointment. All in all, we love our Sequoia and highly recommend it. Our road trips have been very comfortable to say the least and we have plenty of room for luggage and friends.

Great Large SUV

by MarkH from Lompoc, CA on Tue Mar 08 2011

This is my second Sequoia. The first one (2005 - 116K miles) was totaled in a 5 car freeway accident. The Sequoia saved our lives. It was a no-brainer buying another Sequoia. This SUV is quite, tight (no rattles) and can do anything you throw at it. This Toy seats 8 comfortably, pulls a trailer and even has been used to yank a couple of trees off my property. The JBL stereo sounds great and all seating is comfortable. Expect about 13/14 MPG city and 17/18 freeway.

Nice Size SUV

by Trailer Boater from Boston MA on Tue May 27 2008

Bought the SR5 Sequoia new this June equipped for trailer hauling. On the highway (w/out trailer) at 65 mph, Im getting about 19 mpg - a pleasant suprise. I like the slightly narrower size of this discontinued model compared to Suburbans and the new Sequoia. The rear seats are awkward to remove - but that is to be expected. Can't believe how quiet it is. The 4.7 engine is marginal for my 6000 Lb trailer/boat up hills.

I love my Sequoia

by A Family Affair from Dallas, Texas on Tue Aug 03 2010

My family is a Nissan kind of family, and I was the first to buy a Toyota. It has been such a GREAT car that my mom now has one. The Sequoia is roomy and comfortable...it rides great, pulls a boat great and turns on a dime. It handles better than my Nissan Maxima did! I would recommend this car to anyone, especially a growing family, like ours!

Pleased with purchase

by Lou from Texas on Fri Jan 02 2009

I purchased my Sequoia used but I just LOVE it! It handles nicely and is large enough seat the family in comfort. It had a DVD player in it which is a nice bonus for long trips. I recommend this vehicle highly. The only negative (but minor) is the fuel economy, but that is to be expected for this size vehicle.

Great truck, love the bucket seats

by leithauser22 from Granville, OH on Sat Apr 01 2017

Great car for transporting the family. This is our second Sequoia and haven't had any problems with either. This car will do 300k miles easy. Engine has nice pick up to make merging a breeze. Rear view camera would be a plus, but for the price this is an outstanding car.

love it

by coach mom from Santa Cruz, CA on Mon Apr 02 2012

With the 4th kid on the way, we needed the room and the ability to tow the big-boy toys to the sand Dunes. Best of both worlds.

Sold mine Then Regretted!

by Happy Now from Houston TX on Wed Apr 18 2018

Best Vehicle ever made. Bought 2007 in 2007 had for 10 years Sold it and regretted it right away, Found another 2007 just different color. Put in Back up camera new pioneer stereo I LOVE IT WILL KEEP TILL IT'S END,, OR MINE!

I love these old Sequoias.

by AD from Kzoo, MI on Fri Jan 19 2018

Very nice ride for up to 8 on the highway. High enough for off-road (no boulders, etc.). Safe for the family to cruise around in for years and years without issues. I have had 3 over 200,000 with NO major issues.

Well worth the money

by Abbylou from St Louis, Mo on Sun Feb 01 2009

I bought this vehicle brand new and I just love it. Both reliable and comfy. I have about 25,000 miles on it and no problems what so ever. My spouse is 6'4 and weighs 270 and he can ride in front or rear captains chairs very comfortably. We have taken long trips and I have averaged between around 17-18 (if you keep the speed down to 70). In town getting around 15 mpg. I will be driving this vehicle for a long time and will probably buy another after. Like the 2007 Sequoia much better than the 2008 model as far as ground clearance and size. New one is too big.

1 2

Our Take on the 2007 Toyota Sequoia

Anyone who has ever done any kind of regular carpooling or school drop-off and pick-up knows that a mom is very identifiable by the car she drives. In my case, Dylan's mom drives the silver Highlander, Devyn's mom drives the navy metallic Pacifica. Alison and Rory's mom drives the green Outback and Nicole's mom drives the red Windstar. I readily wave to my fellow 'poolers whenever I drop my son at preschool, but I almost always get confused looks and no return wave because I'm constantly driving a different car. I have to remind my friends, neighbors, and 'poolers that if they get waved at by someone in a car they don't recognize, it's me. I have to say I hate being the person who waves without getting... Read More