2011 Sequoia

2011 Toyota Sequoia

2011 Toyota Sequoia

Have you driven the 2011 Toyota Sequoia?

Great SUV

by Quality lover from QUEENS,NY on Mon Mar 12 2012

Comfort of lexus and cadilac and infiniti Handling of Bmw Reliability of Toyota OVERALL GREAT CAR I got platinum only for a week but I don't think I'll change my mind on this. I should mention in driving mode you can use voice command for EVERYTHING and you don't have to stop.

Lexus quality

by practical and luxury enthusiast from Alpharetta,GA on Sat Mar 10 2012

Great handling,extra comfort and practical Get the platinum version,you won't regret,it's much better than a lot of luxury cars out there,I owned Infiniti qx56 2007 before,I am driving ls430 and I Got this Platinum for my wife,IT'S A GREAT CAR.

Incredible vehicle

by 2010SequoiaLuv from Charlevoix, MI on Mon May 02 2011

I bought this LTD model in Aug. 2010 and we just finished the roughest winter in Michigan we've had since maybe 2000. The vehicle was phenominal in the pure inch of ice with snow/ice tires, and made me feel completely comfortable while I trudged along at 25. I am mindful of the fuel usage and am particularly careful and regularly obtain an average of about 17mpg, and as much as 19.5 freeway at a constant 69 (no cruise on). I tow a 9,000 boat and trailer, and have pulled it with a 2004 Ram 3/4 ton with their 5.7, and this vehicle pulls it better with better fuel economy; 9mpg with the 2500 and roughly 11mpg with the LTD Sequoia. It also pulls it out of the water better, with more power. There is more room in this vehicle than our family of 4 and our dog use, and when we take the boat we no longer pack everything in the back of the boat like we have to with our last vehicle; 07 Dodge Durango with the 5.7 and 3.92 gears. I also have no idea why people complain about the seats not being comfy, they are some of the most comfy seats I have ever had in a vehicle. I drive four hours from our home to Michigan State football games, we have six seats and I take five buddies. Not one of them has ever complained about the seats, ride or general comfort of the vehicle. In fact, I received numerous comments on the surprising comfort of the truck I also own a 09 BMW 550i. While the BMW is faster, the Sequoia is only a second slower 0-60. The Sequoia also gives a feeling of ride and handling similar to the 550i. That's not to say "same as" but it certainly has a similar feel to it. Steering "feel" is much more numb, but completely satisfactory considering the size of this vehicle. Lastly, 28k miles and not one issue with the vehicle. Nothing. Looking for the most room in any SUV class? Looking for towing capacity which rivals most pickups? Fuel economy which is as good as most of the small SUVs and crossovers? Looking for a completely reliable vehicle? SEQUOIA!!!!!! 5 stars from this family.

Nicest Car I've ever owned.

by TorknMore from Iowa on Sun Nov 10 2013

When I started looking for a replacement of the 04 Tahoe that I was driving, I figured that I would get another Tahoe. It had been a good car and the newer models looked like the way to go. After driving GM and Toyota I was sold on the Sequoia. The seats are better. The ride is better. The fit and finish is better. Love the folding back seats. GM has just added this to the 14 models. Performance is great, the 5.7 will get going as fast as you want to take it. Gas mileage is about 15 but that goes with the territory. The sound system is awesome. I've heard some people complain about the navigation system but it has worked fine for me so far. So quiet to drive and no rattles or wind noise. The cruise control automatically matches the speed of traffic ahead of you. I didn't like it at first but now I don't even think about it. Some of the buttons are not illuminated at night and take some getting used to. My phone was easily Bluetoothed and works great. Turning radius is wonderful. If you are used to parking a Tahoe or Denali you will be amazed. Very easy to maneuver. The middle seats slide forward for entry into the third row, much easier than my Tahoe. Here is one more thing to consider. I have been a GM man my whole life. When they got bailed out with my tax money, that bothered me. The idea of making a guaranteed donation to the UAW and the DNC, that really bothers me. Toyota is non-union and doesn't donate money to either political party. That just put the decision over the edge for me. Overall, I love this car. We have had our Sequoia for just about a month and are very glad we went this way.

Great SUV and not Union Made so less DNC Donations

by Family Man from KC, MO on Mon Dec 20 2010

We have owned for 3 months and have had no problems. The power is excellent, the ride is comfortable and the cabin is quite. Overall we are pleased. I also own a 2006 Avalon and would like to have had the proximity key feature on the Sequoia along with the automatic windshield wipers. I have the radar controlled cruise control which I did not like at first but now am beginning to like. The inability to use cruise when the wipers are moving is irritating. I also have navigation on my 06 Avalon which is terrible. The navigation on the Seq has improved but still is not user friendly and I find myself using the gps on my phone more than the dash. My dad has an f-150 with the ford sync navigation and that is awesome, toyota could learn something from ford on that one. The dash layout is a little spread out and hard too reach while driving. Many of the dash and control buttons are not back-lit at night which makes them hard to find while driving in the dark. Overall we are very please with the SUV. Some small issues could be improved. One last thing is that this truck is made in the US without any UAW help. Meaning no forced contribution to the DNC and no bailout money.

Great Vehicle - Terrible Gas Mileage

by frb1967 from Williamsburg, VA on Sat Jan 29 2011

Overall, it is a great vehicle that is well designed and has a spacious interior. The 2nd & 3rd row seats have incredible leg room. Unfortunately, the gas mileage is even worse than advertsed by a significant amount. Local driving 8-10 mph and highway at best 14-16 mph. The maximum driving distance on a tank of gas is less than 250 miles.

Could be a great SUV but has SERIOUS flaws

by feckman from Albany, NY on Fri Sep 30 2011

We recently purchased a 2011 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. It would be a great car but for the fact that many of the most important functions of the navigation system, radio, media system, etc. are *completely inaccessible* while the car is in motion! Clearly this is an issue of liability fears trumping usability or reason. Regardless, we would not have purchased the car had we known how difficult it would be to actually use. I fail to see the logic in forcing a family to pull over on a highway with 18-wheelers blasting by just to find a bathroom, gas station or some food. How a car maker thinks it is okay to tell me how to use the functions of an automobile I purchased is beyond me. Letting attorneys run a company is worse than letting inmates run an asylum. It's too bad, because it has all the makings of a great car. Instead it's more like a nagging lawyer. In addition, we've already had to replace the NAV/entertainment system at fewer than 1000 miles. And it wasn't even because I smashed it in frustration! Seriously, if you're interested in this car (or any Toyota/Lexus with a NAV system) really think about how you want to use it before you make your purchase. You'd be amazed how often you need to do something (change an address, make a handsfree call, do something with the radio, you name it) that this car WILL NOT LET YOU DO until you put it in park.

Does not recommend this car!!

"I went to Platinum to purchase a hard-to-find var

by mary kay from seattle on Fri Feb 24 2017

"I went to Platinum to purchase a hard-to-find variant of...gt2 I went to Platinum to purchase a hard-to-find variant of the 911 and worked with Robert, whom several friends had recommended. Robert was helpful, patient, and committed to finding a deal that worked well for me and for the dealership. He was highly available during the process answering all kinds of questions I had. He was transparent in the negotiation. I would have recommended Robert based on that experience alone but since then he has continued to be invested in making Porsche a great experience for me. Whenever I swing by the shop he welcomes me. He once bought and sent me a hot wheels car that was the same model as the car I purchased, while he was on a vacation and noticed it in a store! I unreservedly recommend Robert to anyone looking to purchase a Porsche.

Most comfortable car I've ever owned, seems to be

by # momof4 from La porte on Tue Apr 11 2017

First time I've ever purchased a foreign vehicle and I was impressed. Not only can I commute my family around but it looks great and drives even better.

Love me Toyota's. Love my sequoia

by Fibi59 from Boise, Id on Fri Jul 28 2017

I finally we used to trace in my 2004 sequoia with 250000 miles for a newer one. Love the 2011 sr5 with leather. Very comfortable for the 4 kids in back and 2 in carseat. It is wider than the 04 and bulkier. Still a very comfortable, reliable suv.

1 2

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota Sequoia

The 2011 Toyota Sequoia is a large SUV with a large price tag, but it adds some much-sought-after versatility, convenience and roominess to family-filled days in the car.

A three-row SUV, the 2011 Sequoia is stylish without being ostentatious and it's filled with power, convenience and a variety of storage and seating options.

The Sequoia was redesigned in 2008, and the 2011 model year doesn't add much to the SUV other than a new on/off button for the daytime running lights. As far as I'm concerned, the Sequoia doesn't need too many changes.

My test car was the midlevel Limited trim with four-wheel drive. It comes with a 5.7-liter V-8 flex-fuel engine that delivers 381 horsepower. The Sequoia had... Read More