2017 Sequoia

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

My 4th Sequoia, Happy Camper

by 4th in a Row! from Temecula, CA on May 6, 2017

This is my 4th Limited Toyota Sequoia in a row. I have been a Toyota fan since my first purchase of a first-gen 4-Runner in 1984. I have owned nearly every model of Toyota since then, including Sequoia year models from 2003, 2008, and 2012. This new 2017 purchase is just another step in my extraordinary Toyota journey. Flawless performance and reliability have me dedicated to the Toyota line. This new car does not dissapoint, showing me that even without a major redesign, the vehicle continues to improve in subtle but noticeable ways. The ride has improved considerably compared to the 2012 model I traded. Using CarMax to got a cash offer of $21k for my 2012 Limited, the dealer matched the offer and gave me a good discount, ending in a great deal. I have been so happy with all my Toyota purchases, and this one is no different. The car is tight, responsive and comfortable. Due to the scarce SoCal inventories, I ended up with a 4x4 model this time, and it's very cool. The 4WD control system is very sophisticated and effective. I have driven many competing brands, and have many friends and co-workers that drive other brands of large SUVs. They are always impressed with the slick and robust Sequoia presence. A strong engine with great acceleration for a big SUV, there is never a complaint of lacking power. The truck pulls a 8000 lb toy-hauler with ease, and you almost forget you're pulling a trailer. I love the roomy space, and I frequently load up with 7-8 adult passengers, and everyone is surprised and complimentary on the comfortable seating and ride. If you are in the market for a full sized SUV, you would be doing yourself a favor by considering the Toyota Sequoia for your next transport partner. You won't be disappointment.

Enjoy driving

by Jp from Texas on May 3, 2017

Enjoy driving but hate dash and speedometers, no digital . Doesn't get great gas mileage . Very smooth ride.

The most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned

by Cjt1967 from on June 27, 2017

This vehicle has plenty of legroom. My son is 6'10 and sits In the 2nd row comfortably. Is super comfy on long rides.

2nd Sequoia I've owned. Awesome vehicle!!

by Toyota lover on September 21, 2017

This vehicle well worth the money. My last Sequoia had 300,000 mi. Hope to get the same from this one!

A Very Large SUV

by AllenS from Birmingham on August 24, 2017

Having traded in a Tahoe, this beast feels much larger and is built on the Tundra chassis. Great roominess inside and has a very strong engine. Haven't had long enough to talk about reliability but Toyota's generally are very reliable.

The Most Pleasing Vehicle in NC

by Bratster from North Carolina on August 13, 2017

Like most test drives, we want to remember them more than three minutes. This Sequoia is definitely an experience in overall luxury with the plushness of the seats and i remove my shoes so I can feel the fluffiness of the carpet. <Makes me smile just thinking about it.> I do not own a vehicle at this time, but I will tell you I would keep her clean..so clean you can see yourself. The Toyota Sequoia lights up my face when i see her..her beauty...her grace..her total package!

Just bought, love

by jlang from Sonora on August 14, 2017

We went in for a 4runner but the Sequoia Platinum grab our attention immediately. Test drove and loved it. Currently have had it for 2 months and love every drive.

I have had 2 and currently have 2008-best 4x4

by It's a 4x4 thing, you wouldn't understand from Maysville, Kentucky on January 10, 2018

I have owned 2 Sequoias and currently own a 2008 with 170k. I have had a 2007 which my wife was hit by a drunk driver and it was totaled. However, my wife walked out without a scratch and she was T-boned at 50mph. I didn't even think about replacing it with another vehicle. I went on-line and found a clean 2008 in Chicago and we drove 7 hours to get it site unseen. Had 32k and was (is) clean. The 4x4 is awesome and my other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler...so that is the best compliment a Jeep owner can give. When we can afford one, we will trade up for a newer model and wouldn't have anything else. We can travel to our favorite vacation spot-the outer banks with our two large dogs comfortably, drive in any conditions on the beach...and basically have the comfort of a nice car with all of the features of a truck and SUV all rolled up into one. We would NEVER even think of purchasing another vehicle...other than my Jeep!!

Toyota Quality is Legendary

by Socalrichard from La Mesa, CA on September 15, 2017

Great 8 passenger SUV with outstanding comfort and power. Back-up camera and wrap around sonar make maneuvering this full sized SUV easy. The electric power steering and exceptional turning radius make it effortless to drive.

Kentucky Sequoia

by Jefferson David from Jefferson, MD on March 21, 2018

We traveled a long way to buy exactly the right used Sequoia and it was worth the trip. We chose the Toyota Sequoia because they are known for their reliability and longevity. This vehicle is a dream to drive, very comfortable seating, the V8 engine has all the power you could want and the interior is roomy with lots of cargo space. As we have noted in other reviews, Toyota really needs to upgrade their instrument cluster as the speedometer and gauges are very hard to see, especially in the daytime. Also, their onboard navigation screen and audio package leaves a lot to be desired. But, we didn't buy this Sequoia for all the "bells and whistles," we bought it for dependability over the course of many, many miles and we are very pleased with our purchase.

1 2