1999 Sienna

1999 Toyota Sienna

Have You Driven the 1999 Toyota Sienna?

Best Van Ever Owned

by Indianapolis Toyota Owner from Indianapolis, IN on Mon Apr 19 2010

Previously owned a Dodge Caravan. Worthless van in my opinion. Replaced 3 transmissions in the van (1 we had to pay for) and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Our Sienna on the other hand has been a great vehicle. Purchased it new in fall of 1998 and now have over 150,000 miles on it. Runs great, looks great and get about 21 miles to the gallon in the city. We replaced timing belt at 107,000 miles and have just done regular tune ups as required. Had to replace passenger side window motor but other than that no major repairs. Great van to own and drive and still looks good today. Would definitely recommend to someone to purchase if looking for a dependable used van. Just make sure before you purchase the Sienna that if it has over 100,000 miles that the timing belt has been replaced. This is about a $1,000 bill because you also need to replace water pump at same time.

Gone before its prime

by Family of 7 from Louisville, KY on Tue Nov 13 2012

My wife and I purchased this vehicle used with 99K miles on it about three years past. Since then we have moved and make several drives a month back to see family and friends. The vehicle has been across country 3 wonderful round trips. There were no problems at 180K until we unfortunately encountered a deer. VERY SAFE IN A CRASH! Negative: Cheap plastic door handles that crack and break easily. You can find them readily online though. (hmmmm). Not as much rear cargo room in this van as our previous (Windstar). Positive: RELIABILITY / QUALITY / HANDLING / LONGEVITY. Not a bad trade off as I can fix the door handles. Overall: We really miss it, so we will be buying another Toyota!

BEST CAR I EVER HAD

by Carla911 from Orlando FL on Wed Apr 20 2011

I brought this car and it's now 200,800 miles and it's now giving me alittle problem. i dont want the car to break on me but I cant believe how great this car took a beating. I could hold up to 11 teenagers, 2 adults and the tires dont bust. I am sad that I have to part with my care but it looks like like this burgandy siena ce.

One of the BEST

by Hard working MOM from Bethesda Maryland on Wed Nov 05 2008

This is a sharp dependbale Van that I have had so many wonderful memories in. Trips to the White and Green mountains in New England, Camping trip to the north in Canada. God has bless us with this wonderful Vanr and we have found it a easy car to take care of.

I LOVE MY SIENNA!

by sienna lover from westchester,ny on Sun Nov 09 2008

It is a great car.I have had it for 10 years almost ten years now.Most of the parts are the same as how I got them.there is a lot of room for me and my big family.I would recommend it to anyone with a growing family.

Never let me down!

by guest4254 from South Amboy, NJ on Thu Mar 11 2010

I bought this vehicle in June of 1999, 2 weeks before the 2000 models came out. I can't imagine a better experience. Never had a problem! Never had to worry, "will it start up...will I be late for work etc". My Sienna's been through most of the east coast, including Canada twice, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, and always brought my family back home safely. Over 136,000 miles and still chigging!!!

Love my Sienna

by Jenn from on Mon Mar 05 2012

This has been a fantastic car. I am pregnant with our third child and I love that I don't have to bend and reach to get my older two buckled into their car seats. It handles very well and has been great on gas milage, which is important as our budget for fuel is very limited.

Best minivan in the world!

by Bluemarble from New York on Wed Dec 03 2008

We loved this minivan and had a hard time giving it up. We bought it because of its safety rating and efficient gas mileage (minivan with best gas mileage). Since we no longer need this much space, and don't take as many car trips we decided to downsize. The Sienna was reliable, and so comfortable for long trips! The fold up back seat in these cars makes it very convenient to switch from a 7-passenger van to a 4-seater with lots of luggage space. This is the best car for families of 4 or more!

Excellent family car

by Family Car Specialist from on Sun Apr 17 2011

Secure, secure, and secure. My fried told me his wife driving Sienna and crashed in a serious accident. But, she wife escaped without a scratch.

Sienna 1999

by Chexyincx from Lagos, Nigeria on Sun Jun 24 2012

Spacious enough to accommodate my whole family and friends, Also helpful in the course of transportation of light goods for my business.

1 2

Our Take on the 1999 Toyota Sienna

1999 is the second year for the Toyota Sienna. Built off a stretch of the same platform as the front-wheel-drive Camry (114.2-inch wheelbase on the van versus 105.2 sedan), it offers basically the same ride and handling as the sedan, softly cushioned yet predictable, a long-distance hauler that promises room and comfort for the family and the Toyota name that stands for reliability and dependability.

It comes with a manual driver-side slide-open door and an optional power passenger-side slider (new for '99), which, in our test vehicle, came as part of a $2,685 package that included leather seats and power moonroof.

Of note, we fiddled with the door for a week and could not get the power mechanism... Read More