2000 Sienna

2000 Toyota Sienna

2000 Toyota Sienna

Have you driven the 2000 Toyota Sienna?

Safe, Dependable & Very Little Maintenance Needed

by Carpoolin' Mom from Troy, MI on March 1, 2007

We had a Toyota Sienna CE. This is a fantastic minivan. We bought it new and drove it over 150,000 mi. The seats were very comfortable, lots of room for kids and gear. For the most part, our only repairs were brakes, tires, oil & filters - wearing parts, regular maintenance. Once we had a problem & Toyota stood behind us and covered the repair at 140,000 mi. Every day I could count on it to start. The handling was great, even in the MI winters. The only reason we don't still have the van is that another car ran a red light, hit me so hard it flipped the van and totaled it. I crawled out with only minor surface scratches from glass. It is a very safe design.

Good Enough To Stay with Today's Vans

by Poor College Student from San Francisco, CA on April 3, 2008

Ratings are given with consideration into the vehicle's age, and not as a direct comparison with today's newest cars. Model: 2000 Sienna XLE Extremely comfortable and smooth, this van is occasionally taken on weekend trips to LA, ~ 400 miles one way. Ride is smooth as silk, beats even that of a newer Mercedes I have at home. Very good acceleration considering the 4000lb curb weight. Will merge with traffic with no problems. It's not a Corvette, but it'll give you the speed you need. I have topped the van's speedo out (ends at 110 mph) The engine is so smooth and so silky, it almost sounds like a rotary. Remarkably car like, it will roll more than many cars, being taller and heavier, but response is quick and sharp enough, an easy car to drive even if all you've driven are VW Golfs. Still modern, after 8 years, crisp and clean, and even slightly aggressive, it certainly beats out the boxes and dullards that were around during this era. A bit bland and gray, but standard tinted windows makes for a comfortable ride even in hot Californian summers. Comes with the basics, and not much else, CD player, CC, and A/C. A nifty compartment for the garage door opener, and more cupholders than people. The two big differences between this van and modern vans is the second row windows don't open and seats aren't fold into floor. Other than that, excellent room, even in the third row, and a decent cargo compartment enough to store two full size suitcases when all seats are up. Seats are all fold flat, and removable, on my car, driver's seat was fully powered, and we had the at that time unheard of power door on one side. Extremely reliable, no problems outside of regular maintenance at 80,000 miles.

2000

by DIY from Los Angeles on October 30, 2011

Had it since new and at 176k miles still going strong. Only replaced starter, coils and rear hatch handle. Also, replaced valve cover gaskets at 170K- engine looked like new under valve covers. I changed the oil every 3K miles!

Superior family minivan

by family guy from delaware on July 13, 2008

Car never gave us problems, can't say that for about 90% of the cars I have owned. If my family did not get too big for the car, we would never think of selling ours.

Maintain and Drive and Drive and Drive

by frogwoman from Northern California on December 12, 2008

Quiet, smooth and comfortable ride. Quality everything for 8 years. We just performed all maintenance and checks, and have never spent another nickel on on the car aside from gas. Middle seats are very comfortable for adults, back seats are fine for kids, but the seats perch adults too high for long trips. Typical complaints that others have with flashing seatbelt light on dash, as well as squeaky brakes (apparently that goes away if you replace brakes). Never an issue with power up steep grades, or acceleration to pass. Very roomy interior, especially if 2nd and 3rd row seats are removed. We hauled many items when building a new home that wouldn't fit in our truck with cap. Not great on steep, snowy slopes without chaining up, but then again, not too many cars (non awd/4wd) are.

Excellent Vehicle!

by Toyota Die Hard Fan from San Diego, CA on March 28, 2012

I think this vehicle is reliable and drives beautifully. It does sound a little nosier than I expected but overall, its a good van. I love that it is so roomy, I can fit my kids bikes, and many other things. I can' wait to travel with it! I've only had it a few months but its been great so far. I read a few reviews and I think for the value its an excellent Toyota van.

2000 Toyota Sienna still strong / awesome A/C

by Man Van from Madison, MS on December 31, 2010

Bought used in 2001 with about 20k miles. Replaced a couple of ignition coils at around 100k miles, but only regular maintenance since then. I use Moble One synthetic oil and change around 7k miles. Motor still runs great with 170k miles on it. It has some funny rattles that I cant figure out, the dash board lights are almost all out (keep a solar power flash light about the size of a pack of matches hanging on the a/c switch) which make it hard to see the speed I'm going when driving at night, passenger window gets stuck sometimes, and have replaced a door handle and the handle of the rear hatch (did myself). But it always starts, drives like new and the original a/c is still blowing ice cold air in our Mississippi summers! If I buy a newer Toy van, I hope they are still using the same a/c manufacturer.

The Best Car I Have Ever

by Big Mac on December 14, 2017

I purchased my 2000 Sienna XLE new from a Toyota dealership the year it was released. It is now December 2017 and the odometer has crossed the 350,000 mile mark!! Only routine maintenance has been required. Oil has always been changed every 5,000 miles. The removable seats convert this van to a moving machine for boxes, small furniture and many other things over the last 17 years.

Toyota

by Toyota from Lincoln, Nebraska on February 13, 2011

I now have 187,000 miles on my van. It is great! Always reliable, never a problem. Greatest investment ever made.

9 Years Old And Still Going Strong

by Malibu_Owner from Long Island, NY on October 30, 2008

When my mother first bought the Sienna, I was angry because that meant selling our Ford Taurus Wagon. For the first few months, I hated this minivan, but has time has grown, this minivan has grown on me. Bought brand new in 1999, the car is still going with over 100,000 miles on it. I learned to drive on this car, and this car is the main transporter to my many college visits. The room in the middle seats is enough to keep me comfortable for a 9 hour drive to Buffalo. And when the seats are folded down, there is ample room for suitcases or whatever else you may need to fit. While this car has been reliable all around, we have experienced some problems. One of the wheel wells in the car has been acting up, and is constantly setting off the 'check tire' light. And the sliding door (we only have one) is constantly getting stuck and unable to open. Also, the passenger seatbelt indicator is broken and is always flashing even when someone is sitting in the passenger seat. While we still love this van, my mother is looking for something fresh. She claims she wants to upgrade to a newer year Sienna, but you never know with her. The hardest part will be to see if it can fit in our garage. Hopefully if she doesn't get a new one, it will last 5 more years when my sister is ready to look at colleges. Great Job on this one Toyota.

1 2 3