2001 Sienna

2001 Toyota Sienna

2001 Toyota Sienna

4.4

Have You Driven the 2001 Toyota Sienna?

let's do this again!

by two timer from Kansas on Mon Aug 01 2016

I bought my first 01 Sienna (LE) in 2003 with about 60,000 miles on her. This van took me and my family across the US multiple times, through the mountains and extreme weather, and never had ANY issues at all. After about 7 years, I gave her to my daughter who is a delivery driver, and it is still going strong at more than 215,000 miles, poor maintenance and hard driving. Magnificent vehicle that has never let me down. After having other vehicles for the past few years and being left stranded, I knew I needed something reliable. I just bought my second 01 Sienna! (XLE) with 127,000 miles and I have no doubt at all that this one will be as wonderful as the last. The only complaints I have are that the power door on my first one would stick on occasion and the rear seats are a bit difficult to remove.

Impressively Reliable, Great for the Price

by Student with a Commute from Worcester MA on Mon Apr 18 2016

Owned this car for almost 3 years now, I bought it at 124k miles and now it's up to 168k with no signs of stopping. From what I've seen I'm confident this car will keep going well over 250k if it's taken care of well. It drives smoothly, has lots of both passenger and cargo space, and is the most reliable car I've ever driven. I describe it to my friends as driving around in my living room: it's comfortable with lots of legroom at all the seats. The interior is simple and doesn't get in the way while still having lots of storage spaces. This is the car of choice for road trips. Reliability wise, I couldn't be happier. Beyond some minor failures and glitches that are indicative of it's age, this is the most reliable engine I've ever owned. If you pay attention to the fluid levels and give it a checkup once every few years this thing just won't quit no matter how hard you push it. In terms of performance it does leave a bit to be desired. Being a bigger car (and a mini-van) it doesn't have a lot of horsepower and the fuel economy is a bit lower than I'd like. Overall, this is a super comfortable car that you can rely on with decent performance. For the price I don't know if you'll find a better used car.

Great Van

by Max from Rochester, NY on Mon Jul 16 2007

Outstanding Quality. I have owned a lot of cars and the toyotas continue to be the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I fully expect to drive this van for another 7-8 years and at least another 100,000 miles.

Had some issues

by Peter from Atalanta, GA on Mon Jun 21 2010

Have been happy with it but of recent have been having some troubles. The emission codes have keeping me on my toes. Still battling with a Trans. Solenoid P770. Also, the rear door handles have each broken once. And, there is something funky with the electrical system. Dome light coming on and off, fuse for the brake lights keep popping, have to turn the wheel to honk the horn. Stuff like that. :( Bummer, I really liked it!

Reliable and smooth

by KCVA from on Sat Mar 18 2017

I have owned this car for over 12 years and driven over 80k, never had any issue other normal maintenance needs, such as brake, oil change, and regular mileage services. I have driven this on very long trips (over 2k in a single trip) without any issues but with a smooth and comfortable confident trip, even after 100k on it.

Multipurpose vehicle for family or work

by Busy mom from Nortridge ,ca on Sun Jul 28 2013

The dealer, Vios is 25 miles from my home. I would have never been aware of them without this site. After searching for weeks I settled on a car with 93,000 miles. Vios even gave me a 30 day guarantee. Service and staff have been 5 star. Reccomend this dealer. The Sienna seats 7 people , with plenty of leg room , Air conditioning is generous even in the back seat. Best of all, I can pull the seats out for row 2 and 3 so I have room to haul all my furniture for the flea market. This is a perfect mom car!

perfect for my cubs

by Momma Bear from Cottonwood Heights, Ut on Tue Feb 10 2015

Having 5 kids, we needed a big car. The Toyota sienna is the perfect car for us. The gas mileage is wonderful.

Great family van and multiple problems.

by Love Family from North Carolina on Fri Apr 06 2018

Thank you lots for reading my review. :) :) The positives: Our van has a lot of room for 7 people. We've taken several major trips with it. We've used the roof rack several times going on trips with 6-7 people We put an after market towing package on it. It does comes in really handy. The negatives: We paid to get our AC , cheep plastic door handles, back right electrical window, and several other items fixed well over $3,000.00. We just found out that the catalic convertor needs to be replaced. The interior right door handle doesn't work properly for people to use. This is not including regular matience. This is over the course of 5 years. The current mileage is around 217,000. I wouldn't recommend this particular year of Toyota Sienna Minivan. Abundant Blessings!!

Does not recommend this car!!

IT'S MY PARTNER!

by MIDDLE-AGED from NEW YORK on Fri Dec 14 2007

EASY HANDLING AND COMFORTABLE. It offers enough passenger space to satisfy a family with multiple children. AND IT'S A GAS SAVER.

Most comfortable Car I've Owned

by Iowan from Iowa City, IA on Thu Aug 24 2006

Our whole family really love this car. Especially, power slinding doors and VHS were the best features for my kids and me.

1 2 3