Model Details

2001 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

Average based on 10 reviews

third toyota owned

by from wausau wi on October 24, 2011

Over all I llike the van. It is underpowered with a 3.0 engine although it will pull a 6 by 10 enclosed trailer. the transmission is when it shifts between 20 and 40 miles per hour. I got a good deal on mine with 120,000 miles no rust and does not use oil. I would by another one.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Portland, Oregon on August 23, 2008

Most Reliable Car I've Owned Just put in gas never needs repairs handles like a sports car great gas mileage

Had some issues

by from Atalanta, GA on June 21, 2010

Have been happy with it but of recent have been having some troubles. The emission codes have keeping me on my toes. Still battling with a Trans. Solenoid P770. Also, the rear door handles have each broken once. And, there is something funky with the electrical system. Dome light coming on and off, fuse for the brake lights keep popping, have to turn the wheel to honk the horn. Stuff like that. :( Bummer, I really liked it!

Great Van

by from Rochester, NY on July 16, 2007

Outstanding Quality. I have owned a lot of cars and the toyotas continue to be the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I fully expect to drive this van for another 7-8 years and at least another 100,000 miles.

Most comfortable Car I've Owned

by from Iowa City, IA on August 24, 2006

Our whole family really love this car. Especially, power slinding doors and VHS were the best features for my kids and me.

IT'S MY PARTNER!

by from NEW YORK on December 14, 2007

EASY HANDLING AND COMFORTABLE. It offers enough passenger space to satisfy a family with multiple children. AND IT'S A GAS SAVER.

let's do this again!

by from Kansas on August 1, 2016

I bought my first 01 Sienna (LE) in 2003 with about 60,000 miles on her. This van took me and my family across the US multiple times, through the mountains and extreme weather, and never had ANY issues at all. After about 7 years, I gave her to my daughter who is a delivery driver, and it is still going strong at more than 215,000 miles, poor maintenance and hard driving. Magnificent vehicle that has never let me down. After having other vehicles for the past few years and being left stranded, I knew I needed something reliable. I just bought my second 01 Sienna! (XLE) with 127,000 miles and I have no doubt at all that this one will be as wonderful as the last. The only complaints I have are that the power door on my first one would stick on occasion and the rear seats are a bit difficult to remove.

Impressively Reliable, Great for the Price

by from Worcester MA on April 18, 2016

Owned this car for almost 3 years now, I bought it at 124k miles and now it's up to 168k with no signs of stopping. From what I've seen I'm confident this car will keep going well over 250k if it's taken care of well. It drives smoothly, has lots of both passenger and cargo space, and is the most reliable car I've ever driven. I describe it to my friends as driving around in my living room: it's comfortable with lots of legroom at all the seats. The interior is simple and doesn't get in the way while still having lots of storage spaces. This is the car of choice for road trips. Reliability wise, I couldn't be happier. Beyond some minor failures and glitches that are indicative of it's age, this is the most reliable engine I've ever owned. If you pay attention to the fluid levels and give it a checkup once every few years this thing just won't quit no matter how hard you push it. In terms of performance it does leave a bit to be desired. Being a bigger car (and a mini-van) it doesn't have a lot of horsepower and the fuel economy is a bit lower than I'd like. Overall, this is a super comfortable car that you can rely on with decent performance. For the price I don't know if you'll find a better used car.

Multipurpose vehicle for family or work

by from Nortridge ,ca on July 28, 2013

The dealer, Vios is 25 miles from my home. I would have never been aware of them without this site. After searching for weeks I settled on a car with 93,000 miles. Vios even gave me a 30 day guarantee. Service and staff have been 5 star. Reccomend this dealer. The Sienna seats 7 people , with plenty of leg room , Air conditioning is generous even in the back seat. Best of all, I can pull the seats out for row 2 and 3 so I have room to haul all my furniture for the flea market. This is a perfect mom car!

perfect for my cubs

by from Cottonwood Heights, Ut on February 10, 2015

Having 5 kids, we needed a big car. The Toyota sienna is the perfect car for us. The gas mileage is wonderful.