2009 Toyota Sienna consumer reviews

Explore the 2009 Toyota Sienna
Shop the 2009 Toyota Sienna
3.4

Love It - It's a Minivan with style

I have a 2006 XL bought it new. I bought it for my dogs. 2 large dogs. They love the DVD player. Excellent stereo system if you get the upgraded stereo. You cannot control the volume with the DVD remote. You have to get up and go ALL THE WAY to the front and adjust the volume with the stereo controls. That's a long move from the back to the front. I have put almost 86,000 miles on my van so far. The only thing I have done is buy new tires and regular maintenance. My van does excellent in light snow/icy conditions with the traction control system which is more than sufficient in most conditions. The van also does good off-road. Me and my dogs don't always stay on paved roads. My van handles excellent. Great power. This ain't no sports car, but it definitely can handle it's own when you want it to. It doesn't do the "feel like rolling over" thing when you make sharp turns or on winding roads. The front seats are very comfortable on long road trips. The two center seats hurt your lower back and you can't stretch out. The rear bench split seat is great and comfortable. About the cubby holes to hide things. I swear I still haven't found all of them. And all of them are where you NEED them to be. I plan on keeping it for some time longer. The upgraded stereo system and DVD system is pretty much all you need. It comes with power everthing else already. Didn't like the look of the wood grain so picked one that didn't have it. I initially wanted to get one that was AWD. I live where it snows. Luckily the dealer did not have one on the lot in the color I wanted. It was a spur of the moment purchase on my way to work. I was gonna drive off the lot in a new mini-van. After talking to those that have AWD and some of the dealer mechanics, many have said the AWD system chews up tires like no tomorrow. The dealter refuses to acknowledge this as a problem. So on average, your tires on an AWD Sienna will last you all of 30 thousand miles at the MAX. Even those really expensive tires with 70-80 thousand mile life. This was my first mini-van. The Sienna greatly impressed me with it's handling and quality. I didn't want all that "foo-foo" stuff you get with those loaded mini-motorhome types. I wanted a basic mini-van with just a few upgrades. I love it. If I buy another, it will most definitely be another Sienna and with the same options.

4.0

new sienna

Bought 09 Sienna in Dec. Just finished 2300 mile trip. Some thoughts. Good acceleration. Good to drive. 23.4mpg for trip. Remote-controlled doors and rear entertainment system worth the cost. Can't beat a mini-van for vacationing. Two defects so far: a windowscreen that won't retract and a 'recirculate' control that won't stay engaged. Also, this is the only vehicle I have ever encountered where you can hear the gasoline sloshing around in the tank when you come to a stop.