2010 Sienna

2010 Toyota Sienna

2010 Toyota Sienna

Have you driven the 2010 Toyota Sienna?

You get the most for your money with a Sienna

by Toyota Fan from Wilmington, NC on Mon Feb 22 2010

I looked at the Toyota Prius, Venza, & Highlander & found I could get more car for about the same price with the Sienna, plus the Sienna comes with great features & it's a very comfy ride, which is important to me. 5 star crash rating too...a very important feather! I almost purchased the Buick Enclave & looked at the Lacross & Lucerne, but since these cars are still hot, the local dealer wasn't able to deal, so I had to walk away. I purchased the 2010 Sienna in Jan 2010, when the new model 2011 were about to come out. The sales person told me I would get a better deal on a 2010 Sienna XLE Limited since that was all they had on the lot at the time, but a couple of weeks later, the new body 2011 model prices hit the internet & I found they were cheaper & had more features. Sales tatcic...probably. I am disappointed for the dealership not recommending that I wait a couple of weeks as I thought the 2011's would cost more, but I was afraid to loose out on the 2010 XLE Limited. Surely someone at the dealership had access to the 2011 Sienna prices since they received their shipment just 2 weeks later, but no one seemed to know. This is a major purchase for me & I plan to keep it for over 10 years. I traded in a 2005 Sienna for the 2010 & also have a 2000 Sienna, so we love Toyota Siennas. It's a very versatile vehicle & solid construction, but I feel they are overpriced. I think I was given a good deal, but believe they could have done better. I don't think I was given the best interest rate. Watch out for the extras (extended warranty, maintenance packages, exterior & interrior protective treatments, etc) when you sign the paperwork! I found that Toyotas dont' have very much warranty when compared to American made vehicles. New Toyotas only come with a 36 month/36,000 mile Limited Warranty. You have to pay extra for more Warranty, so be sure to add this to the price when dealing. I love my van & I'm sure you would love the Toyota Sienna also.

Third Sienna

by Minivan Man from Portland, Oregon on Thu Oct 14 2010

Forget all the advertising hype about minivans. They are great all around vehicles for travel, hauling, and long trip comfort. This is the third Sienna I have owned, and except for deletion of a couple of features found on my last one (a 2005 Limited) due to Toyota's unfortunate cost cutting efforts, this one is better than ever. I test drove and read all the reviews about the 2011 model, and the consensus seems to be that the last generation (of which mine is the last model year) was superior in many ways. If you can find a low mileage 2010 model, grab it. Mine is a 2010 Limited AWD with all the bells and whistles, and so far they are all working flawlessly.

Update an old friend

by BMW Fan from Walnur Creek, CA on Tue May 29 2012

This '10 Sienna replaces an '04 Sienna that gave great service. The Limited has the proximity radar which really helps moving in and out of parking places.......I got the '10 instead of the new model because the Car Mags said the old model was better than the new '11, and I wanted to update my excellent '04 model, both Limiteds. The Sienna needs better tires, at least H rated, to give it better steering and handling, then it is the best mini-van and the best utility vehicle out there.

Best of the best, but with quirks

by John M from Portland, OR on Thu Jan 21 2010

If you are looking for the best combination of features, reliability and performance for your money, look no further. The Odyssey is the closest competitor, but of course doesn't offer an AWD option, has an anemic engine, dull and dated styling, and costs more. The Sienna comes out on top where it really counts. And, of course, if you decide you need AWD, it's also your only choice. Inside, the Sienna is comfortable, particularly with the leather package, but the driving experience is hampered by Toyota's screwball interior design choices. Some of the controls are illuminated at night, but not all of them, which is a bizarre choice and makes finding switches and knobs in the dark a bit of a challenge. Some of the controls have that distinctive "designed by an engineer" feel to them, with some having bizarre and non-intuitive overloading or limitations (for example, the dynamic laser cruise control has a magic sequence you use to switch between it and "normal" operation, and in the DLCC mode you can only make adjustments in 5 mph increments). Others, like the stereo, have sacrificed usability by making some functions available only through the touch screen (if you have the nav option). Other keys have names that aren't helpful (on the Nav-equipped models, there's "menu", and "info", and "audio") and lead to a game of "guess which button you need to press". This is also not the car to get if you want fuel efficiency. That 6-cyl engine always has plenty of power on hand, but it comes at a cost. Opt for AWD and you will be filling up often. We're averaging about 17mph with mixed city and highway driving. One thing became clear right away: the Sienna should come with a larger gas tank. These are minor quips, however. Overall, this is where you go if you want a good looking van with plenty of power and utility behind it. And if you opt to load it up with features, there's no better choice out there, especially for the money. Finally, the minivan is kind of cool. :)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Minivan in all areas

by Grandma w/ close family ties from San Diego, CA on Wed Aug 19 2015

I have owned 4 minivans since 1972. (buying a new one about every 10 yrs./80,000 mi. My current one is 2010 Toyota Sienna LE. This is the first Toyota miinivan that I have owned as I went for reliability and better trade-in and resale values. I average 20 mpg. I was leary about recalls on Toyota?s, but Sienna?s are 75% made in America parts and have not had any problems like I did with my previous Dodge, Chrysler minivans. It is comfortable to ride in, I get use of the 8 seats on family excursions with great cargo area. Dual front and rear AC a plus (everyone in back is satisfied). I love that I can make a sharp ?U? or ?Y? turn without having to backup to complete the turn. I added the backup alarm as an extra at purchase time and love it. I will definitely consider buying another Toyota when the time comes.

Can't speak high enough of it.

by Happy soccer Mom! from Connecticut, CT on Fri Jul 30 2010

We weren't interested in vans to begin with, and were Honda drivers and happy with Honda. But when it comes to vans, the Sienna was far better in many aspects and the Honda Odyssey, for us personaly: more quiet, more features, better interior and better car for your money. Can't speak highly enough of the Sienna. And we bought a basic model not the XLE. Very happy with our purchase. Would recommend for couples with young children (2 and more...)

Handles very well, lots of power

by dc from Alabny, NY on Wed Mar 17 2010

Steers better than my wife's Corolla because it's still hydraulic unlike the Corolla's electric assist. The V-6 engine has lots of power and I expect to tow a popup camper.

best minivan

by Minivan owner from West Lafayette, Indiana on Tue May 01 2012

I have owned minivans since 1984. My current minivan is a 2010 Toyota Sienna. This is the first Toyota miinivan that I have owned. This Toyota Sienna is the best minivan that I have ever owned. It is comfortable to ride in, gets great gas mileage. and is very reliable. I have also discovered that the trade-in or resale value of Toyota Sienna minivans is excellent. The resale value and trade-in value of all the Chrysler minivans that I owned was terrrible. If you are in the market for a minivan, please buy the Toyota Sienna.

amazed by comfort

by audifan from Northwest Ct. on Tue Oct 27 2009

Just Drove my LE AWD to Tampa from CT and I was blown away! I looked at all SUVs for their AWD but didn't like the 3rd row access of the finalists (MDX,Acadia) and AWD wasn't available on any other mini van. I am an Audi quattro enthusiast so trying to sell me on putting 4 snows for better traction in the winter doesn't work for me, What about downpours and freak weather situations?Anyway,Extremely comfortable even with my lower back disc herniation, great visibility, versatile seating arrangements(i.e. shifting the 2nd row and folding 3rd row into floor). This van easily cruises at 80 -85 through the eastern states on I-95, keeping with the traffic flow of course, amazing that the torque was always right there for you and the buffeting from the big rigs was minimal. The headlights were the only drawback. Xenons should be standard or at least a better projector beam headlight. I recommend the cloth, it hides dirt well and is durable,the seats seem too firm at first but are very supportive and soft where they should be. Great cargo area, steering feel, brake feel, even the steering felt very "connected". I think for what a Sienna sells for, Bluetooth and an Ipod plug should be standard. I thought the Sienna was a little futuristic looking at first, but the low drag coefficient explains the profile. I will tease, belittle and criticize anyone purchasing a minivan who didn't buy a Sienna. It's built by Americans, much bigger than the VW/ Chrysler, AWD, reliable as you can get and safer than a box of bubble wrap. The AWD is great in the REAL snow, (I mean 8-11"of snow up hills and around corners.) The nose isn't too low, so steep driveways, speed bumps and parking curbs don't affect it, great for a multitasking parent not paying attention. Buick/GMC/Chevy the only other choice for me the Ford was lame and for the money, chrysler/VW didn't make sense. We are leasing and plan to buy it out, the residual is strong and plan tokeep forever.buy from the best dealer, don't buy from the cheapest dealer). The radio is average, see if they can give you satellite for free. Have a blast

2010 Toyota Sienna - Excell

by RQP2011 from Naperville, IL on Thu Apr 28 2011

This is an excellent mini-van! My wife and I were hestitant to get a mini-van, but now that we have it we kick ourselves for not getting it sooner. Plus, the Sienna is awesome inside & out. Plus, we get the reliabilty that comes with Toyota!

1 2 3 4