2011 Sienna

2011 Toyota Sienna

2011 Toyota Sienna

Have You Driven the 2011 Toyota Sienna?

Fun to drive, and looks good too!

by Just Me from Palmyra, PA on Mon Jan 17 2011

I bought the 2011 Sienna SE two months ago. We love it! Our favorite things: - It looks HOT - Good power - Love the electronic steering - Traction control works well in snow! - Interior is convenient and easy Least favorite: - Mileage is not close to advertised. I drive pretty moderately, and it's a challenge to get 20 MPG. - Carpets in the back won't stay still, they keep bunching up under the middle seats - With all it's features, it's lacking some common sense things like powered rear vents. They're manual. Likewise, no auto dimming on the mirror or HomeLink buttons. Interesting: - Uses zero weight oil, fully synthetic. Only needs the oil changed every 10K miles.

AWD's Have No Spare Tire???

by AWD Alert from Nashville, TN on Mon Oct 31 2011

Great van - no doubt about it. Just be aware that the AWD versions come standard with run flat tires and as such DO NOT HAVE SPARE TIRES! Let me say that again - if you buy an AWD, be aware that the spare tire area is taken up by the AWD mechanicals and there is no spare tire in (or room for one should you want to add one) in the vehicle. Nothing wrong with run flats, but they are about $1,200 +/- a set to replace vs. $500 for std tires. You can switch over to std tires, but you will not have a spare tire on board unless you toss one in the back which kinda defeats the purpose of having a $40k+ van in the first place. Again great vehicles - just don't miss this relatively important footnote should you be looking at the AWD version.

Pleasantly Surprised

by P. Griffin from Decatur, IL on Tue Jul 24 2012

Traded in the Town & Country for a Sienna, and wasn't expecting much difference. I was totally wrong! The Sienna is solidly built, and the interior details are nothing short of excellent. Within 2 weeks of buying the Sienna, I took it on a summer road trip with the family, and it performed flawlessly over the 3000 miles we covered. Very comfortable, and plenty of power for the passing lane.

Never thought I'd say this about a minivan...

by Jphill from Atlanta, GA on Tue Nov 15 2011

We owned a Honda Odyssey for 10 years. Because we have children and my wife likes to have room for everyone, she wanted another one. We purchased the 2011 Sienna XLE with crossbars and front tinted windows for several reasons. First, I trust Toyota quality. I've owned 4 Runners for years and I love the quality and attention to details. I lost faith in the Honda Odyssey. They have had a terrible time with the transmissions particularly in the Odyssey. We replaced it once and I didn't want to do it again. Not sure I can be fully convinced that the newer models are more reliable. Second, the Sienna XLE exterior design and styling is far superior to the 2011 Odyssey. The Sienna just looks better than the Odyssey. The bright white Sienna with black tinted windows looks really nice! Let me also mention here that the XLE engine seems appropriately powered and the turning radius is quite impressive. Third, the XLE has some really nice features for comfort and convenience. The XLE leather is really comfortable. It is like driving your living room down the road with everything you need within reach. The cup holders are deep and numerous which is a feature that the moms and the kids appreciate. Here is where I will mention the only 2 criticisms I have. 1. Although, the XLE interior is nicer than the very plain-looking LE models, I still don't like all the plastic in the interior and on the dash. Plastic equals cheap and this vehicle isn't cheap. For durability reasons, I understand why they chose plastic, but it does lack some class. 2. The sunroof is so small it is almost comical. Why? Additionally, why doesn't the sunroof retract into the roof? The design and usability of the sunroof does leave a little to be desired. These criticisms obviously didn't stop me from purchasing this vehicle, but the lack of attention to these two details was disappointing and not what I expect from Toyota. Fourth, although we commit to vehicles for many years, I trust Toyotas to hold their value better than their competition. It also helps that I got a fair deal on the vehicle. I wish I could tell you how fair... Currently, I drive the 4 Runner XSP with 20" wheels and chrome accessories and I love it; however- I never thought I'd ever say this- the Sienna isn't just nice for girls.

great van for money

by momongo from johnson city tn on Wed Jan 25 2012

Love my XLE van, bought used. So many more extras for the money compared to honda. Love the keyless entry/drive and tailgate lift. Never fumble for keys again! Awesome! Still undecided on drink tray between second row seats. But great comfotable van. Con - dvd screen covers large area of rear view for busy highway driving.

Best family car

by Greg&Barbara from Chicago, IL on Wed Feb 09 2011

Exterior styling for 2011 Sienna SE is excellent. Fuel economy is better than sticker shows. Internally is very quiet ride, very comfy and spacious. I would recommend this car to anyone that has kids, likes to take long rides in the car.

Comfortable Van but unhappy with Rattle sound

by Toyota Enthusiast from Columbus OH on Thu Jan 27 2011

Very smooth & comfortable Van. Went on long distance with my family on Holiday to places like New York, Chicago & Niagara. My parents who are 60 + enjoyed this comfortable van for such long distance drive without much effort. My 4year old daughter loves watching cartoon movies on wide screen. Exterior look of the Van is awesome & looks like big SUV. Excellent interior too. But i had issues with Sliding door which started making rattle sound while driving on little rough road just after 2 weeks of purchase. Then dealer fixed it after 3 visits. They put lot of effort to fix this. I was really disappointed with Toyota. Later after 6 months, Third row seat started making rattle sound. Then i informed this issue to the dealer during my 10K mile service. They did some fix & took 2 hours. Technician told me that he did not engineer the third row seat & he told me to bring it back if rattle sound happens again as he need more time for trouble shooting. After 2 days, rattle sound is back again. I need to go back to the dealer. Might need multiple visits again. Once i took ride of Sienna 2011 Cab in Chicago downtown & i heard same rattle sound from the 3rd seat. Looks like rattle sound has became common issue in Sienna 2011. Does Toyota know about this design flaw?

Does not recommend this car!!

2011 Sienna XLE premium package

by CK from Fulton ,Maryland on Mon Jun 21 2010

excellent drive,handling,comfort and luxury from the leather to the navigation to the entertainment system.We have had it for over 3 months now and so far we are impressed. We have owned a 2000 sienna XLE for over 10 years and Toyota keeps on making them better. Lot of space especially the 3ed row with easy access.

Enjoying it so far

by Minivanner from Severna Park, MD on Wed Feb 02 2011

This is our family's third minivan (the first was a Mercury Villager, the second a Honda Odyssey), and, so far (we've owned it 3 months) we're loving it. We're now down to a single teenager at home, but we still do a lot of driving friends, and hauling things to college and apartments, and long-distance trips--not to mention carting music and sports equipment--and this car is great for all that. Toyota really seemed to pay attention to what minivan owners want, and many of the problems we had in the past are no longer concerns (like windows that wouldn't open, inability to move seats around, inflexible temperature controls--all of that is now taken care of). In fact, in everything that really matters to us this car gives us what we want: reliability, space, storage, quiet ride, seat flexibility, and a great blue tooth phone, sound system--we gave up the idea of another Honda Odyssey, in fact, when we found that to get some of these things (esp. sound system, blue tooth, and storage) we'd have to buy the top of the line models. We only have two minor gripes. The first is that, like the Toyota Corolla we owned many years ago, this car has a fair amount of cheap plastic trim that is easily dislodged. My teenage son often sits in the front passenger seat with his backpack, and he's already caught the strap on the plastic that surrounds that seat at least 8 times--we need to pop it back into place quite often. Yesterday the car drove over a snow bank and a mock light on the front bumper (presumably there to be replaced by some kind of upgrade) came off. Again, no big deal--the thing just popped back into place--but I don't know why Toyota puts such tacky and breakable plastic on an otherwise well-made vehicle. Our other gripe is odd: we get occasional weird warning buzzers and beeps when doors are opened when the engine is off and the car is parked. Sometimes this keeps us from opening the automatic sliding doors. I'm a little bit afraid there might be something off in the car's electrical system, but the last thing I want to do is bring a new car into the shop for a long analysis of a sporadic problem that probably won't occur when I show it to the mechanic. But these things are minor. We love the car, and have already enjoyed it both on daily errands and long family trips.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Toyota Sienna Enthusiast from Whitefield, ME on Thu Aug 26 2010

We are so in love with this van! We've had it a little over 10 weeks and it has not disappointed. The comfort is unsurpassed, the handling superb, it's roomier than any minivan we've ever seen, and it's so much fun to drive. There is one flaw however. The radio antenna is mounted on the right side just below the windshield. We hit an overhanging branch on the road and it whipped the antenna back and the little ball on top of the antenna made a hole in the windshield and started two huge cracks. We had it replaced by a certified glass specialist. We had to pay the $100 deductible and we feel Toyota should pay that. They will be hearing from us soon. Since this happened we've heard of two other of these cars that have also had to have the windshield replaced because of the antenna. The glass guy told us we can get a shorter antenna that may eliminate this problem in the future. We're looking into that.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota Sienna

Toyota has shot for the moon with its redesigned Sienna minivan, with features that run the gamut from functional to pie-in-the-sky.

The Sienna is the only large minivan left with optional all-wheel drive, and it's one of the first in a long while to offer a four-cylinder. From that humble foundation, it piles on the goodies: Loaded models can have dual moonroofs and rear lounge seats with footrests, and there's a sport-tuned Sienna SE for parents inclined to carve corners en route to Charlie's slumber party.

Good thing that foundation behind the frills holds up well. Though flawed in a couple key respects, the Sienna's fundamentals are sound. Toyota seems to think the minivan segment is headed for... Read More