1995 T100

1995 Toyota T100

1995 Toyota T100

Have you driven the 1995 Toyota T100?

Unbreakable

by 572ysc from Lima, Ohio on March 19, 2011

The T100 I have to say is the most reliable truck I have ever seen. Mine has almost 400,000 miles on it and runs like the day it came from the factory. It still has factory suspension and its tight. Doesn't burn a drop of oil it amazing. Last but not least I think this truck has more room inside than otrher fullsize trucks.

Best Truck we have owned

by Farmsteader from N. Arkansas on April 9, 2012

This is not a Fair comparison because we bought a rebuilt or Salvage T100 and have owned it only about 4500miles. Bought it out west, cause most used t100s here are rust buckets in the Midsouth. Very powerful , The 4x4 works great, smooth ride on Hwy, Gets decent mileage compared to our last V8 gas guzzler. It will haul anything we need to for our small Farmstead. Motor is very reliable, we are very happy with our used purchase. Share a quick testimony from a School Teacher i phoned up that was going to sell his T-100 ,but decided not to , it was just too good to sell and the new ones were so much more money , he had no complaints with his T-100, and not a reason to sell it ! Make sure to buy one with a 3.4 6cylinder , the 3.0s had many problems , '95-98 are the good years, 3.4 engines Rule! just look at the reviews at many sites and you will see for yourself. My Wife is so happy with our T-100 she could scream ! We live on a 4.5 mile gravel road that gets tricky in winter rain and snow, Have Fun.

T100 Best Truck I've owned

by Bama Banker from Birmingham Alabama on November 26, 2012

I purchased this truck new in January 1995. It was one of the first Extended Cabs sold in Alabama at that time. Now, in Nov. 2012, I have 253,000 + miles and she runs as good today as when it was new. Doesn't burn a drop of oil and doesn't leak a drop. I've got all my service records for the last 18 yrs, and I have religiously changed the oil, replaced worn parts and upgraded when needed. The most expensive part was a Toyota brand catalytic converter, $2 grand, OUCH, but necessary for engine to run right. All in all, an outstanding truck. A little underpowered, but strong enough to pull or tow most anything. 4WD is a plus. She's 18 yrs old now and like most fathers, I'm reluctant to let her go.

Great Truck

by Wilmoron from Wilmore, KY on May 11, 2012

I bought my '95 4x4 extended cab SR5 with 140,000 miles on it in 2008. It has 175,000 on it now and runs perfectly. No rust on it at all, even though it's driven year round. Sometimes I think I might like a new truck, but I go out and wash it and am happy all over again. The only thing I might criticize is...it begs for a 6th gear. The 5 speed is just too low on the highway - at 75, it's turning almost 3000RPM, which doesn't help the fuel economy. Still, I love it. It's in such good shape, I might even get the factory aluminum wheels re-finished. I've never thought about spending that much money on a vehicle with 175K on it before, I assure you.

The ultimate truck!

by Drag Racer, Off Roader, Cruiser from Lima, Ohio on November 13, 2010

This truck is unbelievable!!! I take this truck drag racing. Launch at like 2300 on a stock converter. She runs 18.1s all day long. I take it offroading sometimes hitting the rev limiter going up hills and yet still drive it on 1200 mile trips every month. She gets 20mpg on the highway with a lift. The truck is very impressive especially with 382,000 miles on the original motor. She doesn't burn any oil and runs smooth as a kitten. I am very impressed! Yeah shes not as fast as other truck and doesn't pull a lot but it doesn't let you down.(knock on wood)

T-100s are totally tubular.

by Maxx from Georgia on May 7, 2011

I had to use a 90's term to describe this 90's truck that still drives like it's new. Mine looks like the one in the pic to the left, it's base (dx?) reg cab with 8' box and 4cyl engine. I doubt they make'em like this anymore. Even though a smaller engine, it has a payload cap of 1400 lbs, only 100 lbs difference between that and my 03 tundra. I routinely occasionally exceed or max out the payload with gravel, bags of mulch or cement, a couple of pallets of merchandise weighing like 600 lbs each. It never complains. Load range tires help. I wouldn't say the fuel economy is anything to write home about but a lot of that probably has to do with my driving. Quite zippy when unloaded. Bench seat is uncomfortable on long drives but there's so much space in the cab, that I still gave it 4 stars for comfort. With over 160k miles, The only time I had to take this in to a mechanic was when a belt broke. Can you believe it still drove with a broken belt? Driving it with a broken belt wasn't the best idea as it turned into an expensive repair but it never left me stranded. I'm kinda bummed actually, I thought this truck was going to burn out around 200k and give me an excuse to buy a new one but judging by the reviews here where people have 400,000 miles, I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon. Of course, if I had to buy a new truck today, I think I'd have a tough time finding a replacement that comes close to the t100 in terms of value.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Beast of a truck

by Peregrine NYC from New York, NY on April 23, 2018

I've had mine for about 6 months now. 1996 with 4wd and the 5 speed. 180k miles. The 4wd is excellent. It's a little rusty and the tailgate panel doesn't match color-wise... so yeah it looks like a beater, but I'd take it anywhere. It's needed nothing except brake pads so far. Gas mileage is surprisingly good for a big, old pickup - around 19-21mpg average. The original V6 runs like a top, plenty of power. Love this thing. Plan to drive it until it rusts away.

What A Truck!!!!!

by extremerecluse from Detroit on January 19, 2015

On two separate instances while getting gas, guys approached me and asked me how much for your truck. .Now I know why!! I have 110000 miles. It is from Michigan, so the body aint perfect. But it still runs baby butt smooth. Never a problem. Put a 3 inch body lift kit and over-sized wheels and tires. Don't use it that much. Mainly for carrying loads. This truck is very lightt. It is a favorite for the baha. Seldom gets stuck. Very high power to weight ratio. Easy to work on being a 2/4 wheel drive. Comfortable ride, even with the oversized wheels. If somebody came up to me now, out of the blue and made me an offer; I would still turn them down!!!

One of Toyota?s best trucks

by Johnny Ringo from New York, NY on April 7, 2018

Great truck that is virtually indestructible. The 3.4 V6 is a workhorse that requires very little attention. On my second T100. The first was an automatic 4WD, current one is 5 Speed Manual 4WD. These trucks are overbuilt and can handle virtually any task. Keep an eye on the frame as rust can be an issue. Average 16-17 MPG around town and just under 20 on the highway. Toyota trucks from the 80?s - 90?s are fantastic trucks.

very reliable

by tk from columbia, SC on January 4, 2007

I bought this truck w/ 113K on it and have put another 90K on it since. Still running strong, I gave it to my college age son and he loves it!Excellent reliabilty, no major problems except the usual maintenance items... had a minor electrical problem w/ rear tail lights, had to weld a new curcuit board in for the vehicle lighting. I wish toyota kept making this truck, great style for a 12 yr old vehicle. I've had several people offer to buy it and it's not even for sale!!

1 2