Read or write a review.

3.8
Average based on 4 reviews

best car for the price

by from Aurora, CO on July 3, 2010

I recently had the timely belt changed. Before, I was getting 38 mpg. Now I get 42-44 mpg. One complaint, NO, AC.

Keeps on going!

by from Tn on September 21, 2011

Bought this little sucker (92 tercel) when I was really needing wheels. Paid the guy 500 bux for it. She had 296,000 miles smoked a lil. I figured I would putt around for about 6 mos. then have to bury it. WRONG, 3 years later upto 320,000 miles now. Still smokes a lil,no more then when I got it. Gets 38 mpg. 4 spd manual tranny. It has never left me stranded. I love to drive this car, it's not very pretty to look at, but I pass broken down,pretty cars on the side of the road all the time (LOL)! Anyway....LOVE IT!

Best Car Ever

by from Denver,CO on July 27, 2011

I have had a Toyota Tercel for 13 years and think it is the best car ever. I bought it used, and it has never broken down on me. I get fantastic gas milage, and it does great in the ice and snow. As a plus I have always felt super safe driving in it. I have been in one accident, and my Tercel barely had a scratch on it. The only downsides are no AC or cupholders in the model I own. If I could I would drive it for the rest of my life. Perfect car for getting around town!

Keep on Looking

by from Milwaukee, WI on May 13, 2011

I bought a 1992 Tercel in 1999 when I was finishing college. After a series of barely running, hand-me-down cars, it was my first used certified Toyota Dealership car. I had it inspected by another Toyota Dealer. I heard great things about Toyota reliability...blah, blah, so I bought it. The car had 60,000 original miles and got a clean bill of health. I meticulously maintained it and got all recommended service done. I have never spent so much in recommended maintenance as I did with this car. At 75,000 miles the car started burning oil. By 85,000 I had plumes of blue and white smoke everytime the car started (be it summer or winter). Toyota dealers could never figure out what was wrong with it. Needless to say, it didn't pass emissions. I spent the state required emissions service to have the car pass. I ended up getting rid of the car for $100 (no one else wanted it without it passing emissions). I would recommend buying a Saturn or something newer for the same price or slightly higher. I found out the engines on most of these Tercels begin to self-destruct at 100,000. If it makes it past that with no issues, you're a lucky one. They were cheap throw away cars. I was burned by this over-priced Toyota. Now I buy American. I've never had the same issues with any of my American made cars. Keep on looking!

Similar Models