Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Venza

2011 Toyota Venza

2011 Toyota Venza

Have You Driven the 2011 Toyota Venza?

Stunning looks and comfort

by Binkwilder from Toronto, ON on Sat Feb 12 2011

I fell in love with the looks at first glance. It has the best fuel economy in it's class except for the Hybrid. and 0-60 in 6.5 sec is not shabby. As good as Lincoln, Edge and Journey in cargo capacity. great list of options and I got the premium package - did not feel that Nav or premium sound was worth the extra money but the BonJovi sound is well worth the expense. It is slightly more exciting than driving a Camray, and the big 20 inch wheels make it look exciting. Team them with 8 inch clearance and it churns through snow with ease. The front slider and rear moon roof are a delight. Probably the nicest interior of all the small SUV's -- even at its relatively low price. Leather seats with heaters keeps my butt toasty on cold Canadian winter days. List of standard equipement is impressive and exceptional list of standard safety features. Consider this model if you are looking at a small SUV. I let my head do the deciding - I thought is was the best choice for the dough. I've had a Camray, Supra and Lexus and totally trust Toyota for reliability - with Toyota's you just "Turn the key and it goes". I've also had two Dodge Caravans and they clocked 320,000 kms which says they too are very reliable.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Love the Venza

by Anti Big SUV from Cherry Hill, NJ on Mon Feb 27 2012

We got the AWD 4 cyl Venza with leather, glass sunroofs and power tailgate. The cost between the V6 FWD and 4cyl AWD was close but AWD was more important. My wife drives it most of the time but we use it on weekends. Handles nicely despite reading some concerns over previous models with elec pwr steering. I think it adjust pretty quickly though feedback is not performance oriented. Solid feel on the road, room for our two kids and plenty of storage, hiding places, etc for a family of four. I really didn't want a traditional SUV and saw this as a great alternative. It's our first Toyota and so far, won't be our last.

2011 Toyota Venza 4cyl AWD

by Daily Commuter from Southern PA on Tue Apr 14 2015

Bought this car as a certified used with 18K miles in April of 2014. I have had it for a year now and I love it. The features that mine came with are the panoramic sun roof, remote keyless entry and power liftgate. I added a touchscreen stereo and a backup camera from best buy. Overall, the ride quality is great, especially coming from a 2009 Honda Accord, which was the noisiest vehicle I have ever drove. Got me through a rough winter here in PA, AWD was amazing. Gas mileage isn't terrible, but not great either. Getting around 18-19 around town, but 27 on the highway. I use this car to commute 32 miles one way to work, and I can get through all 5 days on one tank, traveling about 330-340 miles. Cargo area is very spacious, took it on a guys weekend with two of my friends, and we had more than enough room for our stuff. Ride is comfortable, road noise is relatively quiet. Did have one of the wheel bearings go about a month or so ago. Took it to the dealer, and even though I had exceeded the mileage of the limited warranty, toyota still honored it and fixed it for free. Haven't had any problems since then. Would definitely recommend this vehicle. Love it!

Second Toyota owned in 14 years

by Toyota Loyalist from Wisconsin on Thu Jun 23 2011

I was a little shy due to it's size compared to my last car (Celica) but have come to appreciate it's size, comfort and I can still park it very easily. The back-up camera is difficult to see in bright sunlight as it is way up in the dash. The interior is awesome (leather) and very spacious, both front and back seats. The ride is smooth and quiet. So far, I love it!

looking good

by car guy from bay area CA. on Tue Feb 22 2011

LOVE THE LOOKS AND FOR THE PRICE I PAID (NOT MSRP) A VERY GOOD DEAL. THE V6 IS VERY PEPPY AND THE 6 SPEED TRANS IS SMOOTH. PLENTY OF ROOM AND LOWER THE REAR SEATS AND GREAT HAULING SPACE. OVER ALL SHOULD MAKE A GREAT ALLAROUND RIDE.

Best Toyota I've had yet, and I've owned a bunch!

by Longtime Toyota Buyer from Albany, OR on Sat Jun 09 2012

This is the best toyota I have ever owned, and I have owned probably 20 in the last 25 years. Everything about this car oozes quality and attention to detail, especially compared to all the other Toyotas in my past. I have a new 2011 V6 AWD with everything but Navi. I got this one a month ago at my favorite dealer as they were trying to get rid of the last of their 2011's. I suspect this one was still hanging around because it is black, and black in Oregon weather means maintenance. But my car is my hobby... Anyway, there are so many things I love about this car: first, the V6 power and AWD, the 13 speaker JBL sound system, the front moonroof and rear skylight, very nice leather interior and heated seats, and so many other little surprises. Its handling is pretty nimble thanks to the 20 inch wheels and tires - it's not like driving the wife's Miata but that's to be expected. The tranny is pretty solid and does not constantly "hunt" for the right gear all the time like I experienced with my last SUV, a 2008 V8 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. The Venza is also much quicker than the Ford, likely due to the lesser weight of the Venza. I have read where many are disappointed with the gas mileage of the V6 AWD model. One must keep in mind that this is a 4100 pound vehicle and 18 city and 25 highway is pretty darn good with all-the-time AWD. Anything more I would like to have? The rear "tonneau cover" for the back part of the hatch does rattle, and the only way to get rid of it is to take it out of its bracket and lay it on the floor. It can also get in the way when using the rear seats folded flat (yea!). And it would be nice to have the passenger front seat fold flat as well. But these are minor things. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a "crossover" that is both luxury and utility.

My great car

by Joe from Madison, WI on Mon Oct 31 2011

My new Venza (V6 AWD) has plenty of power and enough space. Also I'm having smooth and comfort ride experience. If you add comfort and conveience and security package, it's luxurous enough.

Sporty Crossover

by spicyTuna from on Mon Dec 26 2011

I was looking for an SUV that was somewhat sporty and relatively quick and the Venza seemed to fit that well. It has a good balance between acceleration/power and fuel mileage (V6). The styling is nice, comes with 20" wheels, available HID headlights, NAV, keyless and entry/ignition. The only negative is quality of materials used for the interior, seems a bit plasticky.

Most comfortable Car I've Owned

by 500 Miles a Week from Chicago on Mon Mar 19 2012

This car has everything, performance, styling, convieniences, and reliability. I have been dissapointed with the gas mileage at only 20-21mpg on the highway with the V6 AWD. The trunk is massive and the auto liftgate makes loading a breeze. The pickup with the V6 is excellent even at over 70mph. The seats are comfortable and adjust to my short stature even after long drives. The dashboard, drink holders, nav system controls and storage are convenient and ergonomic. The blue tooth has been very reliable with good sound quality. I have not had to return to the dealership with any problems since I purchased the car over 3 months ago. Again, I am dissapointed in the gas mileage. Exclusive highway driving with the V6 has only been 21mpg.

4 Cylinder with plenty of Power

by Cojac from Chi-town on Tue Mar 25 2014

4 cylinder with 40,000 miles, just love it. Gas mileage is 27-29 on highway depending on how fast I go. 21-22 in the city. The 4 has more than adequate pick up. It also has smaller tires than the 6, which helps with gas mileage. Absolutely zero problems with this car. I have FWD in snowy Midwest, once I changed my tires to Michelins, all was good. original tires had me spinning all over in the snow. I was able to get the Venza for less money than a similar RAV4. My salesman boasted about fit and finish in Toyotas, I pointed out that the Venza dash was atrocious. He was stunned, but agreed, the panels do NOT even come close to Toyota standards. We checked 2 other Venzas, both with the same fit. Also, if you are going to use the Bluetooth cell hook up in the car, you must get the JBL sound system. It has 13 speakers, which include "3" in the front dash. I have the basic 6 speaker system, the cell phone sends the sound out the front speakers which are only located in the front doors (2 speakers) , you cannot hear the person that you are speaking to. The LBL system has "5' speakers in the front. Other than that, I love my VENZA.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota Venza

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2010 about the 2010 Toyota Venza. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Editor's Note: The 2010 Venza is included in Toyota's October 2009 recall concerning floormat and accelerator-pedal entrapment. If you're shopping for one, make sure your prospective car has been properly fitted with a reshaped accelerator pedal and/or redesigned floormats, as stipulated by Toyota.

The Toyota Venza has sold briskly since its introduction, and it's easy to see why. The crossover's five-seat cabin has the handsome design and upscale materials that... Read More