2017 Yaris

2017 Toyota Yaris

2017 Toyota Yaris

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota Yaris?

Yaris is more than "just a car" in my book

by TriciaNC from Siler City, NC on Sat Apr 22 2017

I read the ratings and was a little wary of the "get up and go" as I do a lot of driving, often in heavy traffic on the interstate. The review I read described the acceleration time as "alarmingly" slow. I have not found that to be the case. This little hatchback, from the outside, appears every bit of a sub compact. But as a relatively tall person, I had plenty of room. I did not feel as if I were sitting inside a tin can either. The safety features made me feel protected. Some of the standard features that come with the car, even the basic model are great such as the automatic headlights that go from hi-beam to low-beam at night when another car is approaching or the lane drifting alert feature. I love my new little car.

What a Fantastic Car

by Northcoast from on Tue Apr 25 2017

I read a lot of reviews. No one likes this car. Calling it slow and saying that it doesn't handle well. I really don't have a clue what they mean. This car is a small commuter car... and it does that job fantastically well. 106hp is plenty to propel this little car all around town with no problems whatsoever. Every morning I have to turn left onto a heavily travelled street where the speed limit is 45. Of course, people are going well over that limit. But I have no problems getting out there up to speed. I just came out of a Tacoma with a V6. I feel like I can have fun again. What a beast the truck was. Great truck but zero fun to drive around town. I'm quite happy to be in a small and zippy car again. Before that I had a Focus ST. That what such overkill for city driving. The Yaris handles the city streets with nimbleness and aplomb. Zipping through traffic with the greatest of ease and skill. Is it a race car? No, but this car never pretended to be one. I have more fun in the Yaris than I did in the Focus. The Focus always frustrated me knowing I could travel at twice the speed limit in just a few heartbeats. But I had to remain reserved at all times. While the Yaris isn't fast... it's plenty speedy enough. And you can push it, dodge and weave and maneuver through traffic and just have fun with it. And when it comes time to slow things down, the brakes work fantastically to stop this light car with assurance. Inside the car is very comfortable. Plenty of room and great visibility. Controls are intuitive and feel solid to the touch. Stereo is fantastic and so easy to use. Sooooo much easier to use than the Sync system I had in my Focus. Big display with easy to use buttons and simple menus. Buttons and knobs on the steering wheel and dash make sense and don't require you to think like Escher to be able to figure them out (like Ford). Plenty of soft touch surfaces where you want them. And the fit and finish is excellent. Add the icing to the cake and you have advanced safety features with automatic braking, lane change alerts and automatic high beams. Amazing features you won't find anywhere else in this price range. And you can't forget that it's a Toyota which means it's built to last. Great value for the money. I highly recommend this car if what you need is a fun to drive, capable and safe car for the daily commute. If, like most of us, your driving involves mostly around town travel, this car should definitely be on your shopping list.

This car is very good car i love it very reliable.

by Andre Hill from Memphis Tennessee on Tue Nov 21 2017

This car is very sporty to me plenty of leg room i love the interior and controls especially the flat screen radio and all the features.very kool.

Small and economical.

by Jackie S-F from Torrington Ct. on Fri Oct 20 2017

This yaris handles great. It's power is really good when you punch it. My husband loves to ride it.

A great car!

by Karen from Tucson, AZ on Sun Apr 30 2017

The 2017 Yaris SE is a fun car to drive. Toyota put safety first. Safety feature inckude a pre-collisian system (operated by a front end radar that works well in most situations, automatic high beams that adjust according to the lighting conditions and 9 airbags. For fun, the dashbord has an outside temperature display, controls for the radio (volume and tuning), and a hands-free phone (bluetooth). This is a safe, fun and practical car. Best of all, It's a Toyota.

Fuel efficient and it?s got kick!

by AnneMaui from Vancouver BC on Mon Jul 30 2018

This is a great car for the money. It?s large enough inside for five adults and is great on gas! The trunk space is limited but the ease of driving is most excellent.

toyota camry

by my baby from Pataskala,Ohio on Tue Dec 05 2017

Love my new baby--am about to be 80 years old and my new baby has brought lotsa smiles to my face--I love her -she is small-like me--she is classy-like me-she brings my age back to my 20's when I was a sweet young thing--am enjoying my baby --altho still learning about her -but she is patient with me--I would recommend Toyota's to the world--I traded a 2001 Camry with 159,99 happy miles for my new baby--am loving her--feel like a new woman while driving--carefully ,I will add--thx to the gang at Toyota direct in Columbus ,ohio for the great treatment to this little old lady--God bless us all

It's an overall average car.

by Black Beauty from Western North Carolina on Mon Apr 17 2017

Very disappointed that it didn't come with a CD player, yet the manual shows they DO come with it. Dealer said it didn't come with it yet. The radio almost needs an attorney to figure out how it works. No mud guards or water vents came with it. Felt like we were nickle & dimed.

Bigger than the roller skate Yaris of years ago.

by Lou from Harwich Port on Fri Feb 23 2018

Surprised by how well this car is put together....4 doors...lots of rooms and quite the sound system...and a lot of other things I'm still figuring out.

Only owned for a few weeks but I love it

by Gramma Miller from Hammond on Tue Jun 05 2018

This car is so practical without a bunch of bells and whistles but still feels like a modern vehicle but it is not overwhelming with techno stuff. Just a nice, attractive, reliable car.

1 2