2009 CC

2009 Volkswagen CC

2009 Volkswagen CC

4.4

Have You Driven the 2009 Volkswagen CC?

Best luxurious car for its price

by Cc from Ny, ny on Thu Mar 29 2012

Best luxury car/sporty car for its money. As soon as I saw it i fell in love with it exterior styling and then once i hopped in it i knew I had to have it. The interior must be top in its class. It has the interior of a $80,000 car. The beige and black two tone seats are the nicest I seen. I always get compliments on it everywhere I go. When I saw I knew I had to get it but It still had to pass the performance test for me. I got the 4 cylinder turbo charged version. The pick up on it is amazing, you can feel the turbo as soon as you step down on the gas. I do however wish you could hear the turbo more. It is also so quiet when the windows are up and super smooth. Overall I love this car and still feel excited everyday to drive it.

Awesome practicle car

by Alex from Boston, MA on Wed Dec 16 2009

The Volkswagen CC is extremely impressive, especially for the relatively low price. The car is fun to drive, extremely comfortable inside, well designed, and overall a well engineered car. The CC is a great all around car. I own the 2.oL turbo four which is a great engine. It has just the right amount of power and efficiency. When I want to, I can drive it like a sportscar and get some performance enjoyment from it, and when I'm cruising on the highway it gets great mileage. I've been able to squeeze over 34mpg out of a tank. The front seats are very comfortable, and the minimalist interior does very well on the car. The car is just packed with awesome small features: wow factors that you discover the first few weeks of owning the car. The backseat, despite being a "coupe" is nice and big, with two 6-footers sitting behind two more 6-footers in the front. Overall, I've loved every minute of driving the car, I can't find anything wrong to write about it. The only minorly negative thing is that sometimes I wish it had a bit more power. However, the practicality, styling, and value more than make up for that. I've had many people come up to me and tell me that the CC is one of the best looking cars on the road. Go drive one! You won't be let down!!

Update

by Lee from Blaine, MN on Fri Sep 04 2009

I reviewed my CC Sport in early May after just a few days of ownership (I bought it on 4/25/09) and I thought that I would provide an update. I still love the car. I have read reviews of people getting bad gas mileage but I have exactly the opposite experience. My car has the 2.0 I4 Turbo engine. My normal gas mileage is ~24.5 MPG, about 50% city and 50% highway driving. Last weekend I averaged 34.35 MPG on a 350 mile trip! My last car got 21 MPG so I am totally elated!

4 years/50,000 Miles

by 2nd Car a Porsche from NJ on Sat May 04 2013

Owned over 4 years. Totally satisfied with performance and economy. Only brought in shop for free oil changes during 3 year free maintenance. Only complaints, Conti tires got noisy by 35,000 miles. Replaced with Michelins and quiet is back. Replaced all rear light bulbs. Easy to do but strange in that replacement bulbs don't burn out like original ones did. (I see new CCs have LEDs so appears that issue goes away). Premium fuel recommended for turbo but runs fine on mid grade (89 octane). Enjoy it every time I get in it. Just have to watch the speedo. Has a tendency to run fast and very quiet.

CC for ME

by Hagrin from San Diego, CA on Wed Apr 01 2009

I have owned various cars, one of them was teh BMW 323i, I had it modified to basically street race, untill this year that was the best car I ever had, then I met the CC, I was watching the super bowl and saw the first comercial, it caught my eye, so I went down to the dealer the same day after the game, I am serious when I say that I was in love, just by looking at the exterior it was amazing, so I get to look inside, I was amazed, I was not in to buy yet but I figured what the heck lets test drive it, beleive me when I say it was one of the smoothest rides I have had, I seriously did not want to stop driving it, the impact was so great that I bought it, so now ive had it for 2 months and I have not found anything I can complain on, it is great milage with the 4 cyl 2.0 turbo, it handles like any of the top line german cars and the speed, oh the speed, to be honest nothing I type here will ever describe how the card feels, go test drive one, you will not regret it. Paul

Great car! (One year in)

by Passizle from Huntington, NY on Wed Jan 26 2011

I bought the VR6 sport in September of 2009. Its been a very reliable car thus far (26000 miles in). No squeeks, creeks or window leaks. The V6 had plenty of power, at least for me. My wife calls it "the rocket ship" when she uses it. :) Mileage is spot on to the official specs. I'm getting 24-26 mpg overall on 87. The ride is good. It can feel a little harsh over very rough pavment, but with the 18" wheels and low profile tires, you have to expect that. Road noise is great around town, but gets a little loud at highway speeds (could be due to the tires). It handles great. Its a VW. What else can you say? Interior quality is excellent. Everything feels and looks solid. No cheapo plastic. I like the design and ergonomic placment of everything. No distractions and everything is easily reachable. Head and legroom are good, though taller people (I'm 5'10") may find head room a problem when getting in the car. It does have a low roof line, but once your in there is no problem. My only complaints about this car are the resale values. I expected better from a quality car like this, but demand must be soft. Lastly, bluetooth should have been a no brainer for the engineers at VW. Almost every competitor in its class comes with this "option" as standard. I hope VW learns from that mistake and makes it standard on every CC from now on.

CC Rocks

by Wood Carver from Milwaukee WI on Wed Mar 17 2010

We love this car. We bought the CC Lux a few months ago and have been thrilled with the decision. Great features. Very comfortable with solid handling, strong acceleration and excellent gas mileage of 25 around town and 30+ on the highway. We have a cottage in northern Wisconsin and bought the CC to bring our trip cost down. Our other vehicle is a Toyota 4runner. Nice truck, but with the V8 it sucks gas. The CC gets almost double the gas mileage and so far has handled snow just fine. Looks great, handles great and solid performance. Buy one. You won't be disappointed!

Liked it so much that I bought a 2nd

by Mad Chiller from Burnsville, MN on Thu May 26 2011

I leased a new 2009 for two years and now have moved to a new 2012 for 39 months. The performance and styling is worth every penny. Dealership always took care of me when I came for the free service which helped make it a pleasure to drive.

A VW????

by mowgli from NY on Tue Sep 08 2009

i own the AWD, 6 cyl model. It is a great car-beautiful, decent mileage, decent handeling, OK speed, comfortable etc. Put an Audi nameplate on this and it would be a major seller.

Everything I Hoped and More

by VW Family from Indiana on Tue Aug 16 2011

The 2009 CC Luxury was not my first choice. I thought that it was "old" and the newer years probably were better do to the kinks and bugs being worked out. However, there are NO kinks and bugs! Since the 2009 was the premier year, the car is loaded with all the extras that the newer models do not automatically include. No issues whatsoever to report. This is our fourth VW (1996 Passat, 2003 Passat and 2006 Passat). The CC is powerful, reliable, and so much fun to drive!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2009 Volkswagen CC

Because reviewers often drive new cars before they've hit dealers' lots, we occasionally draw stares. More often, though, no one notices what we're driving because the cars tend to be sedate, everyday transportation. Volkswagen sedans certainly hadn't elicited any special notice in the past, but the new CC, even in its base Sport trim, drew plenty of looks during my weeklong test.

The CC was originally named the Passat CC because it is essentially a stylized version of the company's long-running sedan. The longer name, however, reinforced the fact that the changes were only skin deep, and even though it's since been shortened to CC, I was still left wondering why the car exists at all.

That was before... Read More