2012 CC

2012 Volkswagen CC

2012 Volkswagen CC

Have you driven the 2012 Volkswagen CC?

Best car I've ever owned

by My first Vee-dub from Lisbon Falls, Maine on Tue Jul 24 2012

Spent about four months researching cars before making a purchase. Wanted something comfortable, stylish, fun, with good gas mileage.... specifically looking for something in the 200 hp range with about 30 MPG highway for my daily commute. Drove the Hyundai Genesis Coupe... fun, but noisy on the highway and the engine RPMs hung at around 3000 doing 70 mph.... despite the claim of 30 mpg on the sticker, I highly doubted it. Drove a Volvo C30... liked it, but the styling just didn't do it for me. Drove a Civic SI and was thoroughly unimpressed. Was about to give up when I walked by a sleek looking black car at a used car lot. Asked the dealer what it was, as I'd never seen one before. He looked at the back and said "It's a VW CC, and that's all I know." I was intrigued. Googled some quick stats and found that the car was right in my sweet spot. Spent the next hour at a VW dealership test driving a 2012.... I didn't want to give it back! It was sporty, but not too sporty...more highway cruiser than racer. It was luxury car quiet, and the interior was head and shoulder above everything else I had driven. I bought one in January 2012 and could not be happier with it. I've got about 6000 miles on it now, and during my mostly highway commute I average 35+ mpg...sometimes as high as 38. The touch screen is a breeze to use, the phone integration is fantastic, and the multi-function display shows you everything you could ever want. The engine is a gem...quiet, smooth, but powerful when you want it to be. The car almost has two sides... it can be a gentle, quiet luxury cruiser, or a quick, powerful grand tourer. I went with the manual transmission, and this is one of the best units I have used. The clutch is smooth, the shifter is slick and direct, and the break and gas are perfectly placed for heal-toe. My only complaint, and it is less a complaint than an annoyance, is that tall cups in the cup holders, even a water bottle, can get in the way of shifting a bit. Other than that, I love the car. I find new little things about it that I didn't even know about almost every day. Every little detail is there. The back seats are awesome for my two children - they have their own reading lights in the ceiling, their own heat vents between the driver and passenger seat, and a little hide-away storage area for crayons and drink cups. The folks at the VW dealership were top notch, and I was able to get the car at about $800 under invoice. All in all, a lot of bang for the buck. If you want something fun yet frugal, sleek and stylish but subtle and not 'in your face', quiet, smooth, and comfortable, the CC deserves to be on your list. Drive one... I guarantee you'll hate everything else you test drive afterward.

2012 Volkswagen CC "R-Line"

by Regular Joe from Houston, TX on Mon May 02 2011

After researching the Hyundai Sonata Limited Turbo, Nissan Maxima, Volkswagen CC, and a few others I found that for the money the Volkswagen CC was the best choice. A well thought out car that is simple and refined but super rich in features, styling, efficiency, but well priced. I now have ~9,000 miles on it and it has been flawless. I'm averaging 28mpg overall with a 30 minute drive into and out of town each day and then city driving with for my real estate career. Pure highway driving on level high way and 70mph I am getting ~36mpg on 87 octane gas. Now that summer heat his building here in SE Texas and the AC is on more it looks like the mileage is going down about 2mpg off both numbers above.

First VW I've ever owned.

by Never Too Old from Minneapolis on Tue Jan 31 2012

I spent the last year looking for my next vehicle. Empty nester so I now have the income to splurge on myself. A rather new experience for me. I wanted something that was sporty but not a gas hog. 4 doors and not 2. I also wanted a car that wasn't seen on every corner. I really like the looks of Infinity G37, Volkswagen CC and Hyundai Veloster. I finally narrowed it down to the CC after deciding the G37 was too high end for me and the Veloster was too weak in the horsepower department. I ended up buying a slightly used R-Line I found advertised on Cars.com. I love the lowered look the side and front facia gives to this CC. The 2.0 turbo in the CC is smooth and powerful. Seen 0 hesitation while driving. Mileage varies from 35 mpg on highway to 25 in city. Burns primo but I get every bit of my moneys worth. The auto manual works better than some of the reviews led me to believe and I'm glad I didn't go with the manual. Exterior is svelte and sexy and inside is just as luxurious as the Infinity. Wanted a coupe like vehicle and CC fits this bill as well. Wife and myself are normally the only two traveling so 4 seats is no problem. This is my first VW so not sure how reliability will progress. Sprung for extended warranty as insurance. All in all I am happy with this choice. Kept my old car to use during our Minnesota winters and stormy days of summer.

A Smart and Beautiful Car

by Blaedd from Prunedale, CA on Mon Jun 25 2012

I bought a stick-shift with 6400 miles already on it. I think this car would delight anyone, as long as they knew the following: This is a smart car, which like a smart pet, sometimes does things in a way different than you would have it done: it's different, but not bad. You can't turn the car off and keep the stereo on. The bluetooth activates every time you turn the car on and switches your radio station. It is a kick to drive, responsive, with rewarding feedback in the pedals and steering wheel. The turbo and shifting is silky and exciting. The only downside I found was a slight understeer at 30-50 mph. Also, the front wheels are right at your feet, so it the road is bad, you will know it: invest in great tires. Lastly, this is such a beautiful car, and you pay a premium for that, so if an elegant, comfortable and cocooning interior and a smart handling and handsome car is worth an extra couple thou, then this is the car for you. I think it is prettier and a better value than cars twice its value.

Very nice car

by Nick from Des Moines, IA on Thu Jul 21 2011

I bought brand new (2012) VW CC Sport in April and so far have been extremely satisfied. The exterior and the appeal are like nothing else you see on the roads these days. The interior is quiet and very elegant. The controls are easy to use. It drives smoothly and has no problems accelerating. On the slightly negative note, it gives a short delay before taking off from 0. The rear view visibility is low, so you always have to look carefully before backing out from a parking spot. Overall this car is worth the price paid and is real fun to drive.

VW's best car yet...

by Loyal VW Owner from Streetsboro, Ohio on Fri Jul 20 2012

I?ve been a loyal VW Jetta TDI owner for the last eight years and was very apprehensive to even think of selling my TDI. Unfortunately the road salts that come with winter snows in North East Ohio got the best of my Jetta and rust was now visible. In picking my replacement I researched the CC extensively before I test drove it. My first mistake was my first test drive. That was all it took, after that nothing else came close. I have now had my new 2012 CC Sport for three weeks and could not be happier with it. The highway millage is better than advertised and the performance, comfort and style are awesome. The bonus option that convinced me was VW?s twelve years of rust and corrosion protection, oh, and don?t forget zero percent financing. How can you go wrong?

GREAT CAR BUT NEEDS SOME IMPROVEMENTS

by PK from ALABAMA on Tue Jan 14 2014

GREAT CAR BUT NEEDS SOME IMPROVEMENTS LIKE FIXING THE PROBLEM WITH THE HIGH PRESSURE FEUL PUMP GOING BAD. OTHER THAN THAT, THE CAR IS GREAT

Nice Ride

by CC from Charlotte, NC on Wed Oct 03 2012

Car is great looking and it drives as nice as it looks. Car is very fuel efficient and has plenty of power with the Turbo 4 cylinder.

2012 CC

by 930driver from Main Line , PA on Mon Dec 24 2012

The CC with LUX Limited package has all of the options on a competing Audi or BMW for 15,000 less. I love the fact that there are not many on the road and that I am not paying for the status of having another badge on the car. Compared to Asian sedans and the Passat, it has a true German ride. The DSG has a little to get used to and the car feels slightly underpowered, but a true value in the marketplace

Most fun car iv owned!

by Joe from New york on Tue Feb 26 2013

I currently lease a 2012 vw cc which I bought in october of 2011. I personally think this car is outstanding and would recommend to anyone, I like the idea that there aren't many on the road and you are not just driving another accord or 3 series, you will most likly not have more then one in your neighborhood. In addition the quality of material on e exterior as well as interior is amazing. Comparing this car to many other volkswagon or other affordable car brands this car really blows the other cars away. This car has great fuel economy and rides extremely smoothly, but when you put the car in sport mode it really transforms into a high performance beast. I would recommend this car to anyone but would recommend spending the extra money and loading it up with at least a sun roof. Mi only have two complaints, my first would be I do not think a sunroof should be an option, because it isn't major turnoff when a 30000 dollar Volkswagen doesn't have an option like that standard, because many people would just buy a BMW or Audi once you are in that price range and not give the cc the shot it needs. And also the tire pressure monitoring system speratically says flat tire, and my passenger door makes a loud clicking noise which I need to get checked out. Over all I am very impressed with this car and would recommend to anyone! (ps. This car is absolutely terrible in the snow, it is them worst car iv ever driven in the snow) but that isn't a compliant because is car isn't meant for snow anyway

1 2 3 4 5 6 7