2013 CC

2013 Volkswagen CC

2013 Volkswagen CC

Have You Driven the 2013 Volkswagen CC?

Love it...

by BMWtoCC... from Louisville, KY on Sun Aug 19 2012

I took delivery of a 2013 CC Sport Plus in June after shopping for months/years. I am one of those individuals that always looks and looks and never pulls the trigger. I probably drove and/or researched every car priced from 30 - 50K to find my next car. I previously drove a 2004 3 Series that I really loved. I was perfectly content with it and frankly there was nothing out there that made me get rid of it...until I met the new CC. Exterior styling speaks for itself and really sticks out in a crowd. LED running lights on the sport plus package along with 18" wheels really makes it look sharp. I like the updated square LED lights in the rear as opposed to the previous year's round lights. Inside is simple, well laid out and full of standard upgrades. Seats are extremely comfortable and driving position is great, even for me (6' 3")...not concerned with non-leather seating because the t-tec looks just as rich and feels great. One big gripe is the blind spot when back up or making a left-hand turn across traffice. I was able to position both the driver's and passenger's seat to keep it to a minimum, but definitely keep this in mind. 2.0T gets up and goes although there is a slight delay from idle. Flipping to sport mode fixes that and adds all new excitement to the overall experience (at the expense of gas mileage). One week into owning the car I took a 1200 mile road trip and highway driving/passing was a snap (32 MPG). Extremely quiet, wind and road noise was minimal...the frameless windows not only look cool, but they serve a purpose as well. Trunk space is not too bad and fits my golf clubs just fine. Seat releases in the trunk allow you to quickly fold down the rear seats without having to open the rear doors...nice touch. There is room for three in the back and this was a big plus in helping me "justify" this purchase with the Mrs (we have two little ones). Installing child seats was a real pain, because the seats are not flat. Once I got them in they seem to do just fine. Overall, I love the 2013 CC. It looks and acts like a car that costs 10K more and is the perfect blend of sport and practicality. Do not miss the BMW and do not regret this putchase one bit.

2013 CC Sport w/lighting MT

by NEW2CC from Greenville, SC on Mon Dec 03 2012

I have only had the car for a little over a week and I can honestly say the more I drive it, the more I love it. Not only is this car (to me) one of the best looking cars out there but it also drives like a dream! The TSI engine is very torquey and I truly believe it's underrated at 200 HP. I went with the manual simply out of preference after driving the DSG (I love MT's). The interior is well laid out and the design is cohesive: lighing matches throughout and it looks elegant & sporty at the same time: white lighting for the gauges, red lighting for the stereo and options. PROS: - Torquey TSI engine - LED lighting throughout - would highly recommend you get the lighting package - Luxury looks and amenities - Even the standard 17" wheels look great - Interior space is better than expected - I have 2 kids that sit very comfortably in the back - Quiet ride (along with this, see small issue below) - Sound system performance (outstanding) - seamless and very fast iPod integration. - Bluetooth integration works great - HUGE trunk! - MPG is better than rating - this even though the engine is not broken-in yet - Rear seat A/C vents - Rear seat lighting controls from the front & back (a big one for us parents when traveling at night) - Simply looks amazing and stands up in crowd - there are not many out there. CONS: - A week in and the passenger seat is exhibiting some rattling - will have it checked out (this and the turbulence noise takes the star off comfort) - No one has mentioned this and I am peculiar about noises: there is a tiny bit of turbulence noise at specific speeds. I know this is the 'nature of the beast' when having frameless windows but I thought it would be worth mentioning. - WARNING FOR THOSE WANTING A DSG TRANSMISSION: there is an oil change required every 40K miles that is very expensive! Please consider this as part of your cost of ownership. - VW dealerships are somewhat arrogant - it was so bad that I decided to write to VW corporate and had their VP of Communications contact me, hopefully they will work on this. - I know it's a car for the European market but I am missing the Homelink I will update once I have it a bit longer. Surely hope this helps!

2013 VW CC V6 4MOTION

by MW from NC on Sun Aug 25 2013

I've owned this car for about two weeks. So far, I'm very impressed with the styling, comfort and performance. I've had many BMW's and Mercedes in the past and I like the "German" feel of this car. It's too early to comment on reliability. The car is very nicely equipped with all available options and is the top of line version. I am puzzled as to why push button start is not available on the CC, but yet it is available on less expensive Volkswagens. That is my only complaint so far.

interesting car

by anmpr1 from Orlando FL on Thu Dec 25 2014

In 6 months I'll turn in the lease. The car has been trouble free, and no rattles. Only a new set of tires. Great looking and driving car. The down side is that it is impractical, with too much front overhang and difficult to see out of behind. It needs a rear camera, which the new models have, but mine doesn't. All in all it has been a good car for me, but I'm not purchasing it at lease end, nor getting a new one. Probably get an A3.

Sleek looking, but....

by KDW from Avon, IN on Sat Apr 14 2018

I've owned my 2013 CC for 5 years now. It has 90,000 miles and has been well maintained. I've taken it to the dealer for service every 10,000 miles and have only used premium gas since i bought it new. The PROS-I really really like this car, it has sleek styling and is peppy enough on the interstate. It's very comfortable and the interior materials are of high quality. The CONS-I don't have anything to compare it to but it seems expensive to maintain. I've spent on average $500 every 10,000 miles getting it serviced. It had an air bag sensor go out at about 40,000 miles then the water pump about the same time. (I knew the water pump was a known issue so wasn't surprised by this). At 85,000 miles ignition coil something or others had to be replaced. However, since about 75,000 miles I've experienced what I've now learned online is "cold start misfiring". Basically, carbon built up on the valves???? causes it to run like carp until it gets to 190 degrees then it's not so noticeable. The "fix" is supposedly a $700 dollar walnut blasting to remove said carbon build up, that may or may not take care of the problem, really!!?? Anyway, I'm very disappointed by all this as I had planned to keep this car for 10 years. Now I'm counting down until i can trade it off. It's such a shame, too, since it's such a nice car. I will not be buying another VW.

Does not recommend this car!!

2.0t quirky car

by First and last vw from New Hampshire on Mon Feb 10 2014

Leased mine and straight away it started acting up. First cold snap the heat went out. First big snow storm and some sensor set off a ton of alarms saying my adaptive headlights have failed, no abs and a bunch more. Apparently it was caused by a sensor having ice on it and me spinning the tires trying to get out of my driveway. All of these issue were handled by the dealer and with the lease, I don't pay for any maintenance so I can only complain so much about it. Keep your snow brush in the back seat though. When it has snow on it and you open the trunk, all the snow slides right off that sloped back end and straight into the trunk! You will need winter tires as well. It's a heavy car and hill starts on snow and ice are iffy at best. Also, the windows all jump down when you unlock the car so be prepared to wipe snow off the seats as well when you go in it to get that snow brush.

Does not recommend this car!!

As for the starting issue

by new cc owner from Pasadena CA on Tue Jun 25 2013

I second all opinions on how good a "german sports sedan" this is for the money. Anyone who likes the BMW feel should check this out. After a month, I would also offer this as to the transmission. In auto, not sport mode, it seems to be set to an intentionally gas saving "start in second gear" start. If you pull away from a stop at a very leisurely pace its fine. If you put it in sport mode it is sporty and you do lose some mileage. However, you can sort of get used to this to pull off faster starts. Its hard to explain because it is a feel of the gas pedal thing. I drove a Dodge Magnum before this where all you had to do was glance at the gas pedal and it would hop away from the line, at a cost of about one gallon per stoplight. I see this hesitation as a logical concession to getting 20+ mpg around town, which is what made me look at the CC in the first place. Perhaps an Audi or BMW or Mercedes can, at a cost of an additional $15K get around this performance point, but for me its not a $15K flaw.

CC Sport Plus

by dae_dae from Atlanta, GA on Sat Sep 14 2013

Pros: CC sport plus, Love this vehicle, great look for the exterior and the two-tone seats give a real luxury look. Really good sound system, great acceleration, and everyone keeps asking what is that and saying thats a really nice car. Cons: I really think all trim levels should have come with Push button start, and passive keyless entry, that whole thing with pushing in the key is ridiculous, also all the trim levels should come with a backup camera visibility out the back is not good at all, so I am always worried about backing into something, I have an OEM looking camera on order to fix that problem, also could use Voice input for the navigation and memory seats.

great car

by bradleyd from on Sun Sep 08 2013

ive had my cc luxury for a year now with zero issues...looks great, well built and fun to drive. although, the car should have smart key and backup sensors at this price...i understand that the 2014 incldes these features and more at the 2013 price

Fun car!

by JBamBlue from Murrieta, Ca on Sat Nov 18 2017

This car has been a great car to own. I’ve had it 5 years and it’s been very reliable. It’s performance is great yet it feels solid and safe. It has a lot of trunk space for a sporty car. My husband is 6” tall and can still drive it comfortably. My son is 6” tall and can still sit in the back seat. I’m only selling this car because I had to get a SUV for travel ball.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2013 Volkswagen CC

During my week in the 2013 Volkswagen CC, I woke up each morning anxiously anticipating my normally mundane morning driving tasks.

This sporty, sexy, coupe-styled vehicle with sedanlike functionality was quite practical in both its usage and its budget. It's like getting Brad Pitt for the price of Carrot Top.

The CC has been redesigned for 2013, giving it an even more dramatic, swooping look, and adding a center rear seating position. Check out the differences between the 2012 and 2013 model years here.

If you're in the market for a top-of-the-line stylish ride like the CC, you may also be interested in similar body-type cars like the Acura TSX, Buick Regal or Nissan Maxima. Compare them all side... Read More