2014 CC

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Entry level German road car

by VinceVW from Niagara Falls, NY on February 16, 2014

This is my 3rd VW and 1st CC, glad I bought it. Overall the CC has a modern/conservative style inside and out. Smooth lines, straight seams, and mostly nice touch materials are used throughout. Even the base model has plenty of upscale features like heated seats, dual climate, leather wrapped steering, nav, auto HID headlights and more. The driving is easy and responsive. As VW says; "Drivers Wanted" and that's just what the CC begs you to do. The ride is European style firm but not jarring that seems to tame all but the harshest bumps. Steering is very responsive and a little on the disconnected side. Power from the 2.0T is adequate but not as predictable as American or Japanese rolling iron. Once you're accustom to the power delivery it's second nature. Road and wind noise are minimal and entry/exit is pretty easy for the class. Pro reviews all point out less than average headroom in the rear seat which is certainly true but also true is the high shoulders all around. Go to a drive-up ATM and it's a challenge to complete the transaction. My favorite features are: Bluetooth phone interface, really easy to use. VW V-Tex leatherette seating. Sound system. Style and fit/finish. Things I think VW needs to improve on the CC: Power on the 2.0T needs to be tweaked up 20 ponies. Visors and rear view mirror seem cheap for this level. Better use of storage space like the center console is just 1 monster cavity and the new drivers glove box has a coin holder but no capacity and unless you have seriously small hands, the dash trim scratches your skin when you remove your hand. There's a lot to like in the CC and I would recommend one to anyone looking for a car.

Um-mmm Upscale or Luxury? I side with the latter!

by Probono from Coral Springs, FL on September 7, 2014

At first, I was a little skeptical about purchasing anything made from Germany with a VW or Audi emblem due to the 'stinkin' lingering stigma associated with a long hx of electrical problems. Nevertheless, after test driving this eye-turner, It was love at first sight- I immediately fell in love! I loooooove it!!!!!! The CC is often times classified as "upscale-midsize" but I vehemently disagree! I recently purchased a used 2013 CC and the car handles pretty well, plus the interior is elegant and refined comparable to it`s (Audi & Porsche) German cousins. Ohhh! did I mention the refined turbo-charged engine? CC`s are ranked (in my opinion) in the same category as luxury brands, i.e Audi A4, BMW 3-series and so forth. I could go on & on. My $0.02!

Best Car So far

by Slow Poke from Pleasant Prairie, WI on January 22, 2016

I bought a used CC with 7700 miles, and I might as well have bought it new. It handles marvelously, although with the 4-cylinder engine, the response time is sometimes lagging. But it has power galore, the interior comforts are great, the amenities are great, Navigation is a little clunky, but I guess that's not VW's fault. All in all, this is a great luxury car for not a lot of luxury money.

Elegant and surprisingly fun 4 door coupe!

by VW Enthusiast from Orlando,FL on April 26, 2016

I have owned this vehicle for about 6 months and enjoy this vehicle very much. The VR6 4motion Executive has every bell and whistle available and is a very sporty drive. I also like the uniqueness of the styling and get complimented all the time on the styling of this gourgeous VW.

since 1956, this is the very best car I have owned

by haimowicz from Leesburg, FL on May 4, 2014

Great looking exterior, Beautiful two tone interior, very quiet, fit and finish is excellent, ride is very smooth

Safest Car

by My Handsome Red Car from Arizona on July 24, 2017

For years, I have prayed for a car that I would feel it is mine. Being an agent in the insurance industry, I would ask for the safety features of the cars being added to their policy. I gathered that VW has more advanced safety features that the other vehicles in the market. In my curiosity, I went to nearest VW dealer to check the exterior and interior features of a Passat and a Jetta. I saw a CC model but knowing how expensive it was I did not bother to check it out. I was impressed more with the Passat but the dealer was not making it easy to me to have it due to financial reasons. That time I was still on a lease contract with Toyota on a Camry. That same day I then went to the Toyota parking lot hoping to find a 2nd hand Passat. An agent saw me checking out the parking lot for a car and told me that there is a fully loaded Passat in the display lobby. I was hesitant because fully loaded means "expensive". So I left. A week after, I went back to Toyota to have my Camry fixed and while waiting I looked around their display lobby and saw a beautiful red car. I do not go for red colored cars but when I saw the car on display I couldn't help but check it out. The features were just so chic, elegant and sporty. I sat on it, test drove it and there was just something about the car that I felt this is could be the car I was looking for. The suspension was very good, I could hardly feel the rocks and bumps on the road. It wasn't a light vehicle to drive, which I like about it, and when you close the door it doesn't sound hollow. The windows does not have any trimmings, my friend call it a James Bond car, looking chic. The dashboard display looks conservative and the wood panel trimming looks grand. The seat captured me securely, which they call the bucket seat. I felt like Goldilocks seating in baby bear's chair. Without a doubt, this was the car I have been looking for. Immediately, I got the car and everyday, I am discovering wonderful & amazing features about my 2014 VW CC Executive. I have this car for a year now and just last week I met an accident when a drywall flew from the back of a white pick up truck along the highway 202 and landed on the hood of my car and after a few seconds a Jeep Wrangler rear ended me. I was securely cushioned by the Lord and the rear end damage was not as bad as expected after being hit by a heavy duty jeep. True enough this car is the safest car I ever had. It is also a head turner and what I like about it also is that it is a German engineered car. Conservative with advanced features, chic, elegant and most of all safe.

Safest Car

by My Handsome Red Car from Arizona on July 24, 2017

Proven safest car after I met an accident last week. My hood was damaged by a flying drywall at the same time being rear ended by a Jeep wrangler. I was well cushioned from the impact and damage by a heavy duty jeep was not as bad as expected taking into consideration it was in the highway. It is a safe German engineered car with conservative advanced safety features, chic and elegant looking. I have a handsome red 2014 VW CC Executive.

Very fun reliable car!

by Taylor Bell from Wilmington, NC on March 2, 2014

The CC r-Line is beautifully put together. The interior is gorgeous and the 2.0t is not only fun but good on gas!! AutoNation VW Delray did a great job and even delivered the car to me in NC! Alex the sales client was very informative and made the buying experience easy!

A classier Passat

by Alan from Houston TX on September 18, 2017

I got to try out the CC for a few days and there was several good points, and a few not so good points so I'll try to summarize Exterior and Interior: The exterior design is very attractive and stands out so much more than a regular Passat the daytime running LEDs make the car look very modern and with the coupe like styling it makes the car look more expensive than it is. The interior is very nicely done, it has a very clean design to it and the materials feel of a very high quality. The infotainment system feels a bit slow and while it does have navigation, the display is very small . The backseat is not so great, I'm 6 ft tall and the backseat felt very cramped and the "coupe-like" roof intrudes with headroom. and the middle seat might as well be non existent. Trunk space is average but the opening helps make the most of the available space Driving it As for driving it, it is a very enjoyable car, the engine feels much more powerful than what it says on paper. The ride is very good although not to "floaty" and the car handles very well. The DSG gearbox in this car is very responsive, gear changes are smooth and fast, while you do feel a lot of torque in the low revs, in the high revs it can feel a bit lacking. Overall the CC does a lot to separate itself from the rest of the VW lineup, and does a very good job if you want a 4 door coupe at a fraction of the cost of a Mercedes CLS

Luxury feel for a great value.

by jjessicaparkerr from Fort Mill, SC on May 5, 2017

The perks of the cc are so worth the price of the vehicle. Heated leather seats. Steering wheel radio controls. Leather seating. Sometimes I forget I'm driving a VW and think its a Lexus.

1 2