2015 e-Golf

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

great car

by gkam from Bay Area, CA on December 18, 2015

This car has been improved for 40 years, so the ergonomics are very good. The integration of the electric drive was very well executed, and the range is good. Once you drive one of these, you will not want another gas polluter. It costs me 2 cents/mile with no tuneups or oil stains or filters. I am a former Senior Engineer for a power company with EV experience since the 1980's. We are finally here.

One of the best commute and city car

by eGolf owner from Massachussets on February 19, 2017

I bought an eGolf SEL two years ago. I have put 26,000 miles on this car and have spent only $66 for the maintenance for two items: tire rotation and new cabin filter. The brakes are barely used since I practice 1 pedal driving. This is probably one of the least expensive car to maintain. How can you beat $66 in two years?

From Beetle Conv to the e-golf

by a car guy from Redding, CA on May 7, 2015

My wife and I decided to check out the VW bug the conv. for the around the town car, a second car in our family. After looking at the VW convertible we walked into the showroom and my wife spotted the e-gold SEL, in white. After viewing the car we test drove a e-golf. Found the car to be much more than expected. Bought the car and have never looked back. Charging on the home 110 is OK, we will more than likely go with faster 30 amp charger. Amazing how braking recharges the battery. Great town car.

Test the eGolf before buying your next compact car

by A new electric car enthusiast from East Walpole MA on May 4, 2015

The recent drop in the price convinced me to get an eGolf SEL. I have own more than 15 cars over the last 35 years, and this one is by far the most amazing and interesting. It drives like a regular car and its 115 hp engine has enough punch for your every day driving. The drive is very smooth. The cabin is quiet. The interior is above average for the price. If you drive relax in the city or in the suburbs in B mode for maximal battery regeneration, the average range is about 106 miles (no passenger, no heating or AC). No need to use the break pedal in B mode. I charge it overnight on a regular 110 outlet with a rate of 6.4 Miles of Range per hour.It is slow but it works for me since I drive about 60 miles a day. I love the car. I have 3 other cars including 2 BMW but everyone at home prefers driving the eGolf. I will save 800 gallons of premium gasoline per year. No more oil change, spark plug, air filters, oil filters, etc.

Great e-car

by Joesmoe on April 5, 2018

I would definitely buy it again. Would like to see a longer range battery. Nice performance. Very nice fit and finish. Two thumbs up. VW

Great car....BUT

by RTopper from Jacksonville, FL on June 27, 2018

This is a really fun car. The money spent on gas for me has dropped considerably (I still have other gas cards). It is very comfortable inside and smooth to drive. The pickup in Normal mode is very fast as most electric cars are. But, the battery does drain fast in normal mode. Eco+ mode, it lasts a lot longer, but it does restrict AC, acceleration, and top speed. It is a great around town car. Now, here is the biggest warning I can give anyone thinking about buying this car. This car was only meant to be sold in 3 states. If you don't live in 1 of those states, you will NOT find anyone certified to work on the high voltage system. Which means no maintenance, no warranty work, etc. I live in Florida and my closest Service Adviser is in Washington DC. Local advisers can apparently work on typical "Golf" things that are the same across all Golfs (it does use a lot of identical body / systems). I love the car, but if it breaks, I'm in trouble.

Most reliable, simple, & luxurious car I owned

by Golf Guy from Mesa, Arizona on July 8, 2018

This car meets my needs. You feel ensconced in it. It is super quiet. Driving with a new attitude for your range means less worries.

Our Expert Review: 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf