2009 Eos

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

VW EOS an excellent value

by Don A. from Suburban Chicago on July 16, 2012

Just bought this car and I am very happy with it. The car is solid with minimal wind noise. The hardtop/convertible operation is a engineering marvel. The top appears or disappears within 25 seconds. We use the sunroof as well. The interior is as deluxe as the Audi I owned and better than the Z4 I had before this. If you are looking for a comfortable, fun and nice handling car this is the one for you.

perfect florida car

by herbiejack from pompano beach , FL on February 9, 2013

wanted a 4 passenger convertible. this one has that plus a hard top plus a sun roof. 2.0 turbo gets great gas mileage and is powerful enough for expressway highspeed driving. love this car!

What a Blast

by FunNtheSun from Park City, Utah on September 1, 2012

The VW Eos is an incredible combination of the fuel economy of a small coupe, the stylish appeal of a convertible, and the sporty acceleration of a sports car. Great German engineering, outstanding features, with the cool, one button transition to outdoor styling. I am so happy, I can't believe it. I own the Lux model with a beautifully appointed interior, rocking stereo, and the same 2.0L turbo used in the Audi TT. Great car! Super fun!

Don't ever think of purchasing this vehicle.

by Bubba from Arlington, NE on April 25, 2017

First the cat leaks oil. All vws leak oil so buy stock in oil dry if you buy one. Next set a side money for repairs as t he cost about twice that of American made vehicle. Steering s t I'm a if you don't have wheels straight when you park. Headlights bulbs impossible to change and O'Reilly will not change them. Last worst problem, is timing chain will break at some point. When it does, then only thing you can do is replace the engine. VW will not even own up to the problem. My VW dos timing chain broke at only 85000 miles. When I talked to the vw dealership to make along story short. Tough luck it will cost you $500 for us to tell you the engine is shot and $8000 to replace. Company is not honest as this is a very common problem and recall s/b made. There also are numerous lawsuits against VW about this timing chain issue. So don't be in the same predicament that I am out a vehicle that I only had had 2 1/2 years. Stay away.

Does not recommend this car!!

best car by value luxury performance and handling.

by erioni from sheboygan wi on March 23, 2014

I buy a used volsvwagen eos convertible, and I love it. It has everything a luxury car must have expect the pricing was dirt cheap for what I buy. I thank the salesperson Miki Kadric for his recomendation, honesty, his insistance to make his client happy. I recommend for every customer, first find a salesperson that will deal with you honestly, and the rest will come naturally. If you need a vehicle that you will fall in love with please see Miki Kadric or visit autobarn city in chicago.

Fun little car

by Japalee on June 2, 2018

So far this car is fun. Great for southern California. Pleases with the whole car and experience so far. Moon roof and convertible top are awesome

Fun car for Florida

by Bob from Sarasota, FL on July 6, 2014

We have only owned this car for a few weeks, but are already impressed with the 4 cylinder turbo. Good gas mileage and performance. Wanted a hard top convertible that was reasonably priced for a fun car, and it fills the bill with good looks too.

can't use for the purpose of purchased.

by arlene from on May 23, 2017

always wanted a convertible, fell in love when 1st saw this vehicle, 2009 purchased in 2010, very very low mileage, one owner. purchased as a pre-owned vehicle. Now after 7 yrs. convertible top not working cost from $8,000 up to repair. This was my retirement gift. I thought I would not have to purchased another vehicle, just keep up. I traded a 12 yrs old Neon for the vehicle, I got more use out of the Neon than The Eos. Very hurt, disappointed and very sad because this was the most expensive vehicle I have ever had. And can't afford to get it repaired. This was a waste of investment. So much paid in the vehicle and nothing out of the vehicle. please help!

Problem Child

by Unhappy Eos Owner from on November 13, 2011

I am currently the owner of a 2008 Eos. My car and I have a love hate relationship as I have had nothing but problems with the car since I have owned it. My problems run from major water leaks, to transmission issues and problems with the auto windows. Every time it takes a visit to the garage, its ends up staying there for at least two weeks at a time. One visit it was held up in the shop for over a month and a half. So to say that the garage has it more than I do is an understatement. I do not like the DSG transmission either. It is rough, jerky, slips and does not shift correctly at all. My partner has a GTI with a DSG tranny and it does not act like Eos's at all. Also, if you live in a cold climate like I do, you better have a garage to keep the Eos in because trust me you will have issues with the auto windows and water leaks. I have done a lot of research and I have found that many people are experiencing the same issues. Beware that my co-worker's husband is a mechanic for VW and he has informed me that they all leak. Oh and the sunroof is a great idea in theory, however, it is extremely noisy at highway speeds. My suggestion is if you are considering this car is to run and look at something else!

Contradiction.

by RDNW Customs from NJ on July 27, 2011

My family has owned American and European cars my whole life. Mainly German, being VWs. My mom bought this new back when it came out with the new model year. The Eos, is a cool car. Looks are not the best, hence why I would not buy it, I think i would be able to say the same as a lot other guys my age and interests. The roof, REAL German engineering. sunroof, and convertible. Awesome. Interior is comfortable, with heated seats and all. The downfall of course is the rear seating... being around 6 foot and 200 pounds, its not the most comfortable. good safety features i should add too. The BIG downfall. My mom purchased the Eos in Auto transmission, something i would not do, but of course depends on the driver. The shifting is horrible. and for a German car, a VW is i must say, kind of... pathetic. the get up is sluggish, at a few points, almost caused the car to be totaled at intersections. the tiptronic however, makes the acceleration a lot greater. BUT keep in mind, when my mom was looking for a new car, me being the car man of the family, she brought me along. and this was the decision between the C70, mainly narrowed out because of the huge price tag. and against a BMW, the model i dont remember. but the rear seats had no room and was not comfortable. In the end, the STANDARD gearbox in the Eos, would make this car all the bit better between the other problems this car has

1 2 3