2012 Eos

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

Great car!

by Lobby in PA from Wind Gap, PA on May 19, 2011

Just two weeks ago, I leased a 2012 Eos Komfort and I love the car! It's very upscale, but for a great price. Pros: Great engine with lots of power for a 4 cyl., great automatic convertible top and sunroof that works seamlessly, standard SAT radio and 6 CD player are phenomenal, and fantastic new design. It really looks good, and gets lots of stares as I'm driving--even with the top up. There are too many pros to list here. Cons: Only three: First, on the Komfort, there's no garage door opener on the visor, which I didn't think about until I went home and couldn't get in the house, so I'd recommend the Lux just for that purpose. Second: Small-ish wheels. I prefer the bigger wheels like on the Lux and the Executive, but wheels are a personal thing, so I was told by the salesman that I can get them later. This, of course, is minor. Third: The hard convertible top leaks a little ONLY when I take the car through a high-speed drive-thru car wash--just one drip over each side rear window. The good thing is the way the back interior is designed, the water drains right out, and it does not get on the seats. Granted, it's a high-pressure car wash, so it's totally my fault. The good thing is the car does NOT leak anywhere when it rains. It's perfectly dry on rainy days. I think I may have to start washing the car in my driveway instead. But that's it. Buy an Eos, you will love it!

Love the new engine and trans!

by Liz from Johnsburg, IL on August 23, 2011

The 2012 is so much better then the 2008! So glad I upgraded! Love the new transmission and no more jerking as the 2008 had. The new lights are awesome too! Drives so much better...

Great convertible for the money!

by vvolkswagen lover from Manchester NH on November 15, 2011

This the best hardtop convertible for your money! It handles great on the highway , good on gas and so comfortible.

Great Car

by Balaton7 from Naples, FL on September 29, 2014

I've been looking for a used EOS and found one with low miles that was like new! I't a great car, I plan on babying it as long as I can! I've had about 15 cars in my life, and this is the one I am most excited about. Perfect commuter car, I put the top down for the drive home, it's like starting a vacation every night at 5PM! One complain is that the storage for change, sunglasses, etc is small.

Excellant car and lots of fun

by EOS fan from Bridgeport, WV on March 27, 2012

This is my second EOS in two years. I loved my first EOS a 2010 model and only traded it for my 2012 model because I wanted a red one. This car is really fun to drive and I notice a lot of people looking at it. It performs really well and is not bad on gas.

what fun!

by oiler mama from Mt. Pleasant, MI on March 12, 2012

A great car -- after three minivans and an SUV, this car rocks! It is fun to drive, handles well in snow and slush, and gets lots of looks when the top is down. With the hard top up, it is quiet on the highway; in fact, quieter than the Toyota Highlander that we own. If you want lots of space, buy something else, but if you want lots of fun, go for the Eos.

EOS 2012 bomb

by Dano from NY NY on June 19, 2016

Great little vehicle to travel winter( under 7 inches) Front wheel drive pulls this car great.. Turbo is floppy at best but once she hits your off!! Size for 2 great travel is fun Don t think a family of 4 will b comfortable.. Fuel economy is good and hardtop in winter up north is the only way to go... Good value and sharp looks!! May be feminine but pull your panties up boys and hit the accelerator!!!

Nice ride

by Greta from on October 30, 2013

I searched for about six months for a 2012 VW EOS that was in excellent condition, the right color and low miles at a good price. I finally found it and purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I wanted a hard top convertible and VW has all the things I wanted in one without the inflated price tag.. LOVE my car!!!

Great Car

by Eos Lover from Chicago, IL on May 2, 2012

Covertible with a sunroof- the best of both worlds. Just got rid of an electronically challenged Volvo C70 and now in a car that is electronics on steroids. And, great mileage. The design could be a little more exciting but, so far, it's a great car.

Fun car to drive

by J L Stolm from RTP, NC on May 20, 2014

I bought a demo Eos 2012 about a year and a half ago, yes, the engine is a bit sparse at low speeds, however Sports mode (or manual shifting) can easily correct this issue. And yes, the backseat is small, and your luggage space is restricted (especially when the top is down), but I think you will find these issues with most convertibles. Overall, the car has been great. Unlike my 2000 Jetta GLX, my 2012 Eos has had no problems. Would highly recommend, it's a great commuter car that doubles as a car that is fun to drive on beach or in the mountains (well, maybe not in winter).

1 2 3 4