2016 Volkswagen Golf

Great parts but overall a cheap piece of junk

by from Los Angeles on August 18, 2017

Always wanted a Golf and hoped it would be great. Many good features but squeaking, groaning sunroof too intrusive to deal with. Felt and sounded like a 20-year-old Yugo. Made poorly despite great engine and handling characteristics. Very sad to sell it and lost many thousands in depreciation but made me feel like driving a rickety, rattling, creaking old piece of junk. Quality control unacceptable.

Great car! Fun to drive! Safe, and comfortable!

by from Ma. on November 11, 2016

I love my new VW Golf that I purchased at Wellesley Volkswagen! Jens Albrecht in the sales department was of great help to me in selecting the right car for my needs. I am very happy and I highly recommend Wellesley VW! The whole team was great!

Great car! Fun to drive! Safe, and comfortable!

by from on October 28, 2016

Jens Albrecht at Wellesley VW is a great salesman and helped me with the buying of my 2016 VW Golf! I love this car! I highly recommend Wellesley VW! Everyone there is helpful and nice! Thank you! T. H.

Best value baseline trim on the market

by from Winnipeg, Canada on July 31, 2017

Was in the market for a lightly used hatchback. I had test-driven a Mazda 3 hatch prior to test-driving the Golf and I was immediately floored by all the extras that come standard in the latter compared to the former: heated seats, power seats, android auto, excellent dash console (touch and tactile controls are well-balanced), heated mirrors... the list goes on. More powerful engine than its peers and gets the advertised mileage (7-8 litres/100km in the city). If I were to be really picky, there is a slight lag when putting on the gas (I'm told this is due to the turbo), and there's no block heater (though I'm also told it isn't necessary - even in Winnipeg!)

Perfect car.

by on August 10, 2017

It is value for money. Absolutely love the car. The driving experience in this car is just amazing. Go for it.

the long last ever I'm owned vechie

by from on March 6, 2017

very longest life maintenance car ever I seen it . great reliable and no issue . I'm drove across London to Toronto, small car but powerful performance . even great on gas.

Joy to drive; economy car that feels "German"

by on October 4, 2017

I drove a half dozen similar small cars before buying another Golf. Nothing compares to its refinement.

1.8 Golf

by from Toronto on April 26, 2017

It's good car. I like it. If the engine was 3.5 or bigger it should be even better. Before Golf I was driving Jetta and it was zero problems as well.

Great family car for cities

by from Berkeley, CA on January 4, 2018

We needed to thread the needle - a car small enough to park in the city, but big enough for my 6'5" gallootness - plus a couple of carseats in the back. This fit the bill, and it's so much fun to drive, with lots of great little touches and an entertainment system that pairs effortlessly with the smartphone.