2001 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

2001 Volkswagen Gti
Average based on 7 reviews

Awesome

by from Northern VA on November 2, 2009

Does the 2001 1.8T only really have 150hp?? I find that hard to believe. My car takes off like a rocket. I have driven several sports cars and this is by far my favorite. It is very quick, handles great, and responds very well to modifications. I would recommend a VW to any skeptical car enthusiast out there. You won't be disappointed. As long as the car is maintained and driven nicely, it will last for years and years to come!

Greatest value car around!!!

by from New York on December 28, 2006

I bought a GTI GLS over three years ago. It so far has never had anything go wrong which is amazing. It has everything you could want from rear cup holders to great surround system. But by far the best thing about this car is the performance. It is like a pocket rocket on speed. It handles so well and feels really sturdy when you try to push it to the limits. I have had many cars and this is by far my favourite.

WHAT A CAR!!!

by from NH on March 28, 2008

I just bought a 2001 GTi VR6, its a great car, has a ton of power for its size, handles great, but I dont recommened the GTi VR6 or the 1.8T to a teen's first car. They have TO MUCH POWER for them. I would get them a 2.0. All are great.

monster gti

by from new jersey on May 29, 2010

great performance, decent fuel, very comfortable, handling is good, interior is great, styling is great. fun car to drive, great car to drive, reliable and powerful with the vr6 engine.

awsome car

by from somewhere on January 2, 2007

this vehicle is very durable and dependable. i would recomend this car more for teenagers and adults in there early 20's

Awesome engine, but lots of problems

by from Germany on May 13, 2010

We purchased it with 46.000 miles on it and sold it with 61.000 miles. The engine is a awesone, 1.8 turbo with only 150hp, but it´s so fast and has a good gas mileage too (manual transmission). But we have lots of problems with it, the sunroof was not water-proof, the transmission sometimes makes strange noises and we had several problems with the engine oil pressure. The car is a bit small for long trips.

VR6 has amazing stock power

by from PA on October 19, 2008

I got the GTI VR6 a few months ago and I love it. I took it to the drag track and it did great for a bone stock vehicle. The only thing is that the VR6 is expensive to get a turbo and some aftermarket parts for, but the 2.8L almost doesnt need the turbo for a short track.