2006 Volkswagen New Beetle

It grow on me

by on July 17, 2017

At first I wasn't sure because I was coming from a family car then I started to notice the reliability! It became my daily driver. Great sound system. Eye catching. Everyone always compliments my car!

Love my Beetle!

by from MN on May 15, 2017

This is my second used Beetle and I have loved both of them. Both had over 100,000 miles when I purchased them and I have never had a problem with them.

Still love my bug

by from Chicago, IL on March 2, 2017

She's over 10 years old and still good. Didn't require replacements of ANYTHING until she was 10! That's excellent. Great car, handles well, super cute, surprisingly spacious, and has been a great little thing all these years.

Great Little Car

by from Bolingbrook, IL on July 11, 2014

I just bought a 2006 and it's my 3rd bug (and 5th VW). I do love them. So much fun to drive and very reliable. From past experience I know I will have electrical problems but still love this car.

Pay attention to the electrical problems

by from Greensboro on March 28, 2013

First of all, I love my bug. I really, really do. I bought a 2006, 2.5 WV Convertible New Beetle and it's an absolute joy to drive and to own, However, do not ignore the fact that the headlights/electrical problems will show up. I've had this car for a month and it has already gone to the shop for electrical problems revolving around the headlights. If you don't mind spending $250 every time you go in for this (as of March, 2013), then this car is for you. Also, another electrical problem WILL come up, and that's the side mirrors. Mine are not working ALREADY. I haven't even talked about it with the mechanic, since it's really not a priority right now. With that being said, I can't stress enough how glad you'll be to own this car. It really is a dream car, but just except it NOT to be perfect.

AWESOME:)

by from Colorado on July 13, 2012

Neal, Curtis, & Pete are the most patient, friendly, accommodating professionals we've ever done business with. We've shopped numerous dealerships for one year & after one hour with these guys at 5 pt Auto Group, we were convinced that this was where we wanted to spend our money:) and we did!!!They even loved our dog:) :) We will go back to these wonderful guys for our next vehicles:) :)

50 MPG Hwy.

by from Miami on January 13, 2012

Best car I have ever purchased. TDi, Ttronic 6 spd. I would not have purchased it if it where 2.5 gas but would have bought it 2.0 turbo gas. hit 40 MPH manualy throw it in six and bring the speed to 38 MPH and you can cruise at over 50 M.P.G. with 4 oz. of Marvel mystery oil for every 10 gal. of Diesel fuel. mine has 60K.(Last Diesel beetle 2006.) This one will pass away with me, (I believe). oil change gets expensive if you buy Castrol VW oil 505. I use 4 quarts Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W40 and one quart of Marvel Mystery oil in crankcase. Also 50 M.P.G HWY. under 70MPH. and better performance if you could buy off road Diesel. (dyed diesel.) Still on Factory Brakes: new evaporator(costly) easy Fuel Filter Replacement, and oil change (do it myself)

best car iv'e ever owned

by from fort lauderdale, florida on January 2, 2012

I love this car so much, it brought me so much joy and happiness. I had a 5 speed and it was in good shape . The condition was perfect and I would advise all my friends and family member to get a Volkswagen.

vw bug is great

by from planation fl on February 18, 2011

i purchased 2006 grey vw beetle with a black cloth top in 2008 because i have drive an hour to work every night and my truck was killing me on gas. the vw bug has great gas milage and rides very smooth. the only con about this car is it looks a little girly but once you drive it you will fall in love with the car.

VW Bug

by from Shrewsbury NJ on September 24, 2010

LOVE IT! I've always wanted a VW Bug and finally got one - it's "certified pre-owned" and I love it. there were a few problems but the dealership fixed all for free. I can even play my iphone songs through the speakers. Sounds solid - doors/trunk. Rides like a truck - solid. love it!

Our Expert Review: 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle