2006 New Beetle

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle

Have you driven the 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle?

Big Fan!

by Buggy from Texas! on Sun Sep 12 2010

This was my 4th go around in purchasing a bug! I love em!!!!! The best way to describe them is like driving a very very exspensive sports car with all the bells and whistles. The 06 2.5 has awesome zip get up and go. entering the freeway no problem with the passing gear cruise on by. Great around town car. Grocery shopping? pop the convertible load all those bags in and get on down the road feeling good. This is a fun fun fun car to own and drive. Cold weather...love those heated seats. I cannot tell you how many times people have commented on my bug. VW service has always been top notch. I will have another!

2nd Childhood!

by Cherylcat from Benicia, CA on Fri Dec 04 2009

I had a Bug in the late 70's ~ ' 78 Candy Apple Green Super Beetle ~ the love of my life in spite of fuel injector catching on fire, ha! My husband bought me a new '06 New Beetle Convertible, Aquarius Blue, gray soft top for my big 5-OH! It is now the love of my life. Yeah, there's all that nostalgia, but it is so much more - The 2.5 L engine gives it that Turbo kick and it's stupid-fast on the road. Drives like a race car, pinches gas money like a miser, and the shift on the fly provides plenty of torque when you need it. Leather interior lends style and comfort, power roof purrs through it's tasks with ease. I have XM, so add some geezer rock stations to your drive, drop the top - shades on, collar rolled up and it's heaven on 4 wheels AND a facelift. I've had 0 maintenance issues and 100% good times driving my blue baby, so 2 thumbs up. And - just a word to the warning: 90 feels like 55 mph, so watch for cops, ha!

Fun Car

by Beetle Loving 67 yr. old from Monticello, Indiana on Fri May 01 2009

Shadow Blue 2006, Certifed/preowned, purchased in Oct. of 2008 w/17K miles; now has over 30K w/no major problems. Heated seats are a big PLUS in the winter (heater slow to kick in,but reliable). Does fantastic on ice and in snow in the winter (live in the Midwest). Lots of front leg/head room (don't use the backseat except for grankids or my Shih Tzu, Molly). Monsoon radio/CD player sounds great with a Simon & Garfunkle, John Lennon, or Beatles cd. My IPod Touch music sounds even better on the MP3 player. I have velour flowered seatcovers & steering wheel cover to match the pink/lilac flowers in my bud vase :) I'm 67 and having the time of my life in this fun little car.

I love My Beetle.. Its a Black 2006,TDI

by boxhead93 from Oklahoma on Sat Feb 03 2007

It's a great car .Great on gas ,its aTDI. Drives well on snow too.The heater a little slow.But the heated sets are geart.

Diesel Queen

by Apfel from Gilbert, AZ on Fri Sep 03 2010

I love my little Beetle, but it was too expensive for being a 4 year old car. I am not sorry I got it, but I don't think I'd pay $18,000 for it if I had it to do over.

Love this car !!!

by Pimberton from West Chester, PA on Sat Aug 09 2008

2006 convertable, bought it used with 33K miles on it. Growing up I had a '73 semi-automatic super beatle and my love for them has never died. This car did not disappoint me!! I read the reviews here first before buying and found some of the info to be true for me. The one great piece of information I found here was the blind spot on the convertable is bigger than in most cars. Also, when the top is down, if someone is following very close behind you....they are a little tough to see. I have driven the car for one year now and have had no big problems at all. A couple of little things, like the engine light comes on here and there. They don't know why, everything checks out. It drives like a dream....super fun in the Summer months...reliable in the Winter.....and everyone smiles at you. I LOVE MY BUG !!!

OLD IS OFTEN BETTER

by 60's ICON from Richmond,VA> on Fri May 12 2006

Dated design still draws attention.BOUGHT CONVERTIBLE, WHICH IS A GREAT BARGAIN FOR THE MONEY.NEW 5 CYLINDER ENGINE IS GREAT IMPROVEMENT.TRUNK SPACE IS VERY LIMITED BUT DESIGN AS LEAST MAKES IT USABLE.

Great Little Car

by New Bug from Bolingbrook, IL on Fri Jul 11 2014

I just bought a 2006 and it's my 3rd bug (and 5th VW). I do love them. So much fun to drive and very reliable. From past experience I know I will have electrical problems but still love this car.

2006 VW New Beetle TDI

by TDI Bug from Huntington, WV on Mon Jun 05 2006

Slight styling changes give the 2006 New Beetle a sleeker look. TDI engine has outstanding mileage. No problems with the car since purchase approximately 6 months ago. I love my bug!

Solid ride handles very well.

by Psfun1 from Ca, Palm Springs on Tue Oct 17 2017

I have owned many different Volkswagens over the years this Beetle has been one of the best vehicles I have owned. It handles all road conditions very well both wet and dry conditions and the car feels very solid when you drive it on the road. Also the performance and handling is top-notch it's also great on the freeway.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle

I was up to no good. But there's only so much wrong you can do in a Volkswagen New Beetle. It looks slow even when it's going fast.

It's the egg shape. I'm convinced. People don't take seriously cars that resemble eggs, and the New Beetle looks like an egg threefold. There is the center portion, the main body of the car. It looks like an egg. There are the wheel wells front and rear. Both sets mimic eggs.

I was running late for an appointment, scooting out of the suburbs of Northern Virginia into the congested mayhem of downtown D.C. I planned to drive aggressively, but more in the manner of an athlete pursuing a goal than a scofflaw.

It matters not that I've never been an athlete. I had no plans to... Read More