Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Passat

2007 Volkswagen Passat

2007 Volkswagen Passat

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2007 Volkswagen Passat?

Best car for the money

by CB3379 from Fort Wayne, IN on Mon Feb 07 2011

Its like buying a luxury car for the price of a standard car. It looks phenomenal and drives like a dream. I have the 2.0T engine, I find it making 34 MPG on long trips but when you put the accelerator down you know it has a turbo. The factory radio is actually among the best I have used. If you're looking for a good daily driver to rely on this is the car for you.

I love my car

by baopaque156 from Phoenix on Wed Jun 01 2011

I bought my VW Passat 2007 used with 69,000 miles on it. I read a lot of reviews prior to make up my mind and go for it and one of the main complaint was the engine noise. But I have to admit it does not bother me, actually it feel like driving a sport car instead. The driving it's smooth and the car is easy to handle compare to my wife Hyundai sonata. I used to own a VW before and i got in a very bad accident, according to people who saw me getting out the car without a scratch, the car save my life. Since then I don't doubt the robustness and the car crash safety of the VW. For this particular Passat model I'm just in love.

Back home again!

by just a guy from Florida on Wed Jun 30 2010

What an amazing car!!!!! This is my 2cnd Passat! Had a lse on an 06 and is was perfect! After my lse i had to cut back so I bought a few different used cars and couldnt stand them, took a big hit on my Mini but now back in another Awesome Passat! already put 5k on this CPO car and its perfect! great gas mileage and so comfortable! I drive about an hour each way to work and this car makes it seem like nothing! Will not go elsewhere again!

Solid car Great ride

by Coach Don from Thousand Oaks, Ca on Wed Mar 05 2008

Driving the 2.0t is a pleasure. Getting 24.5 to 27mpg on every tank, California driving. Its a sheep until you put the auto in sports mode and then push the gas. Now you have a euro sedan that handles with the best of them. The cruse control works great. I have the middle model it has many great options. Some things that could be improved . My car came with 16in wheels 18in would make the car look way better. needs garage door opener, and fog lights are very expensive to install if not standard with your car. One more thing I DO NOT LIKE IS you CANNOT turn off daytime running lights. Whats with that? I had a 540I This is not up to par with that, but its half the price and gets great performance and mpg. No toyota, honda, ford, nissan or chevy in this class are close to the features, performance or engeneering in this car.

Back to German engineering and performance

by Lover of good engineering from Santee, CA on Sat Apr 07 2007

I had an 06 Fusion. thought it would be a good one because Ford put bucks into it to regain market lost to Honda, Toyota etc. SORRY!...I disliked the car. Traded for the Value Edition Passat. I am in love with a car again. This is a super car. I preferred the silver console look over the wood grain. Can't believe what you get for the money. I am a lover of quality, good engineering, and performance. My first taste was a 2000 Jetta VR6. They spoil you. Detroit and Japan don't compare in my book. The more you drive this car the more you love it, and I am a very critical analyst by nature. One note. One should understand how the electronic systems are like your desktop computer. Some mechanics do not understand this well enough. Some malfunctions can be rectified by re-booting the system just like your home computer. I learned this because of a power window malfunction that was mis-diagnosed by a service department tech. This car is an engineers dream!

Best SUV for the money

by Nomad from Grand Rapids, MI on Sat May 22 2010

I bought my Passat as a CPO 3 months ago. I haven't had any problems. I put over 10k miles on it already and it is a pleasure to drive. The AWD works flawlessly in snow or rain. Good power, smooth and QUIET ride and it turns better than my previous much smaller vehicle. If you are looking at SUV's but don't like the way they drive check this out. My only regret so far is that I didn't buy one sooner. The seats are comfortable and the key-matched memory is a nice feature. Some of the luxury items require reading the manual to use properly but they all work nicely once you figure out how. I love the power hatch and the large cargo space. There is an auto-stick feature but the 6-speed auto works so well I never use it. I have a heavy foot and still avg 26 mpg

Get A BMW for $10000 Less!!!

by Jay from Philadelphia on Sat Dec 09 2006

This car has all of the poise and road handling of a BMW 3 or 5 Series. It clearly shows it's German heritage in it's road manners. Ultra smootha and secure at speed, this baby is bread for the Autobahns and it shows!! The fit and finish is fantastic, and it's loaded with features. If you like cars and like to drive, this car is clearly is superior to any of the Japanese makes!!

passat

by VW convert from new York on Tue Sep 04 2012

Bought the passat because I always loved tha the 2006 2011 styling. All the reviews i read were spot on. Had the car six months no major issues. The v6 is great but get much more than i thought from the 2.0 turbo I would buy a VW again

Great Machine

by VW Lover from Long Island, NY on Mon Oct 01 2012

I bought my Passat 2 years ago and still never get tired of admiring the cars beauty. The car is very spacious and comfortable. Even with the 2.0T motor, I've been able to top this car out at 135 mph many times with ease. But my favorite part of this car is the fuel consumption I've been able to get when I drive very conservatively. If I drive 55 mph on the highway I'm able to get 40 mpg. Great car I definitely recommend it.

my 1st Volkswagen

by family sportscar from Farmington, Utah on Wed Sep 11 2013

So far, with this being the first Volkswagen I have owned, I am very impressed. Excellent acceleration, smooth turns, very quiet inside, and it looks good.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Volkswagen Passat

Volkswagen's Passat has been a Cars.com Best Bet for years. We've praised its styling, upscale interior and array of versions, including sedan and wagon body styles and front- and all-wheel-drive models. A recent redesign further refined the Passat's interior, which now treads remarkably close to those of Volkswagen's luxury brand, Audi, further blurring the already fuzzy line between plebeian family haulers and upscale executive transporters.

Depending on what you're looking for in an automobile, this can be a good or a bad thing. The Passat's price of entry is steeper than much of its midsize competition, but if you're not concerned about having a luxury brand logo on the hood, the Passat provides much... Read More