2010 Passat

2010 Volkswagen Passat

2010 Volkswagen Passat

4.1

Have You Driven the 2010 Volkswagen Passat?

Great Car!

by I Heart My Wagon! from Phoenix, AZ on Fri Jun 25 2010

I've had my 2010 Passat Wagon for 4 months and absolutely adore it! I still get excited just driving my car to the grocery store. It looks really sharp and has a luxury vibe that other cars in its class do not have. Upgrades are standard! It is very roomy and my 6' husband can ride very comfortably in the backseat. I got a great deal on the car and can't say anything negative about the price. The only driving issue Im getting used to is the turbo jerk when accelerating from a full stop. This can be avoided just by accelerating more slowly. Of course, the turbo engine is wonderful on the highway. My dealer installed iPod adapter in the glove box doesn't sound as good as the simple aux adapter in the console. Perhaps this is a setting issue. I'm still learning about all of the little gadgets and touch screen components. I know I will enjoy this car for a long time and highly recommend it!

Nicely balanced family car

by BadOpinion from Chicago, IL on Tue Aug 29 2017

Smooth torquey engine that returns good mpg’s. Smart and comfortable interior. It’s like a poor man BMW and it served our family well for the 5 years we owned it. Word of advice if you’re shopping for a used one, 2010 and 2010.5 are the most desirable with the DSG tranny. Also, the timing chain tensioner and PCV are known problems and both can cause expensive repairs if not replaced early.

Great car dependable and roomy

by Passatman from Walnut Creek, CA on Mon Aug 06 2018

This car is very versatile, looks good, has plenty of room, good features and can haul plenty of stuff if needed. Very good gas mileage and plenty of power. Smooth ride comfortable on trips.

Best performance

by Manny Maniam from Mesa, AZ on Sun Sep 05 2010

I had a 2006 model but last month i trade in and bought a new one. I've driven Honda Accord and Toyota Camry before but when comes to VolksWagen Passat it gives you an amazing feelings. High performance, smooth driving and fast. The transmission is superb. Highly recommended

A superb performance sedan

by Nedm from Boston Ma on Sun Aug 05 2012

This is my 3d Passat. I had an 04 Passat 4Motion that was a great car except for gas milage. My 06 was virtually perfect and my 2010 has been trouble-free and a blast to drive for almost 2 years and 30k miles driven. This white w/ tan interior still draws compliments. My only complaint that the factory Continentals wore out in 25k miles. There's plenty of interior space and storage, the seats are comfortable, the build quality & gas milage are above average. It has retained a remarkable amount of value. I will probably buy another VW but am disappointed in the 2012's lack of power in the 4 cyl models.

Nice ride, big space, many features

by D. Skol from Tampa, FL on Tue Aug 10 2010

I got the Komfort model and even though I wanted the sedan, it is growing daily in me. I like the ride a lot, car cruises easily at 80mph(a little over 2K rpms) and feels solid/heavy. Engine is adequate if you don't step on it, but if you do, turbo kicks in and accelerates easily. Only minor complaint(no car is perfect) the DSG transmission is a bit jerky on launching but I am getting used to it(car is still breaking in). It does up shift/downshift extremely fast though. This car is best for the open road, seems to cover distances easily. To avoid turbo lag, the tiptronic raises rpms and you can launch quickly. Overall one of the better choices for a wagon or sedan out there. Also, seems fuel efficient with DSG, I've seen 32mpg on the highway with the A/C off. With A/C on around 27-28, still good mileage for a vehicle of this size. Not sure about reliability yet, but got extended warranty and planning to take care of the car. I assume with normal usage it should last.

love it!

by ch from Chicago, IL on Tue Sep 13 2011

We bought a 2010 Passat with about 8K miles on it and are finding it to be an amazing car, particularly for the price. Styling is great - better to much much higher priced cars. Spacious interior and trunk. Lots of room for a family of four. Drives very nicely. We're 100% happy with our choice.

Hi Miler

by AlCan Driver from Anchorage, Ak on Tue May 03 2011

How about an auto that has the ability to pass just about everything on the highway including gas stations. I have found the 2nd love of my life. Great style, very areodynamic looking, just an all around hot look. The 6 speed auto with sport and select modes is fantastic. I don't launch hard very often but when I do, the other guy better have twice my HP.. With the big fat 17's corners are not even in my vocabulary. This past winter doing some flat driving we found out that the PASSING GEAR kicks down @ 120MPH!!! Top end seems to be limited around 147. These are serious numbers for anyone anytime. Still if we drive in the normal world 34.2mpg with the cruise @ 70 is no joke either. Thats about 600 mi/tank. Yes, it does run better on 92 octane... I'm a pretty big guy (6' and 240). My wife is a tall lady also and we find more than ample room inside. Nobody really test drives a car unless you drive the Alaska Hwy. we travel between Ak. and Az. every year. Taking this Passat K Wgn has been the most fun EVER!!! Stores more useless stuff with the seats down than you can imagine. Especially on a 6 -10 day trip. The 2.0T never skips a beat... It also turns on a dime and gives you a nickel back. What a wonderful package...

2010 passatt

by casey from LOUISVILLE on Wed Nov 01 2017

2010 passatt have too many problems, i had a check engine code p2015and p2008 , i called the dealer and they could not give me an answer if it is under recall or not, they want me to bring it in and me pay for diagnostics then tell me.

Does not recommend this car!!

I have had 3 Passat VW I have enjoyed driving all

by Likes to drive a pretty car from Charleston SC on Tue Feb 25 2014

All the cars I have had are Silver color, dark gray and cream inside bought new, never had any trouble with either one. Always serviced on time and kept up. No small children or dogs. female owner.

1 2 3