NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 Passat

2012 Volkswagen Passat

2012 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2012 Volkswagen Passat?

2012 VW Passat w/appearance package

by JP5 from Fredericksburg, VA on Sun Nov 27 2011

I just purchased a 2012 Passat with the appearance package. The car has to be the best overall value in the mid size market. I think the exterior and interior styling and quality is on par or surpasses most of the segemnt. The car is rock solid, just shut a door or look at the hinges, they are massive. The 2.5 5 cylinder with the 6 speed automatic is enough power for me. The tranmission it tiptronic and has a sport mode which makes it a more response drive- train. I prefer a conventional tranmission over the CVTs you will find in the Nissan Altima, and Subaru Legacy. You can find great deals on the Altima, however, you are getting an older platform. The new Camry looks good from the exterioir, however, the interior is just not that appealing. I liked the Mazda6 and found it extermely sporty to drive, however, the VW is more solid, has better brakes and acceration then the 4 cylinder Mazda6 (and I am a fan od Mazda as a brand) I liked the Sonata and Optima, did not drive them or other brands except as indicated), however find their interior quality not as good/appealing as the VW. The dash and lighting, etc are very high quality looing when lite up at ight. I paid with freight, $21,034 for this car and think it is a lot of car for the money and obtained 1.9% for 60months. If you are looking at the mid size segement, you must take a look at the Passat and drive it!

Best Sedan for the Price on the Market

by B Crutch from Washington, DC on Sat Mar 31 2012

I recently purchased 2012 Passat, SE, with 3.6 Liter 280 HP V-6, navigation and sunroof. After driving countless other vehicles, the Passat won hands down. This car handles incredibly well in all driving conditions. My tests included winding roads in VA, city driving and highway in DC and the Passat has the smoothest, most spirited ride of all the cars I tested. It corners very well and has more leg room than any any other to accommodate my two 6'-1" teenagers. The only car that comes close in my opinion is the Volvo S-80, for $14K more. The navigation system, Bluetooth and audio are a breeze to use and the Fender audio system is outstanding. The seats are incredibly comfortable as well. The interior layout is very ergonomic and logical. You need to drive this car to believe it. It rolls over the potholes in DC streets smoothly. You feel the bumps but they are dampened significantly. It accelerates incredibly fast when merging onto the 495 beltway. The the 3.6 liter engine was my choice as I found the 2.5 liter much less spirited. I get about 18-20 mpg city and it is very easy to parallel park. The turn radius is amazingly tight making u-turns a breeze. I could not be any happier with this purchase!

Great Car!

by Backcreek from Chambersburg, PA on Sun Dec 18 2011

I was reluctant to give up my 2001 Passat with 225K miles. The new Passat is a great replacement, however. It is actually roomier than my 2001. This is the first car I have ever owned where I had to move the seat forward to reach the gas peddle! Mileage on the TDI is terrific. I get close to 50 on the 25 mile jaunt to church on Sundays, and get 38 or so around town.

Nice but

by Passat 4ever from on Tue Feb 14 2012

Price for the 5 cyl is excellent, but performance.... needs a few more horses. Love the interior. Suspension is too comfortable.

VW Passat TDI SEL Premium

by Sam Smith from Monrovia, CA on Tue Mar 06 2012

Terrific car. Great gas mileage. Car handles well and is VERY comfortable. So far getting about 40 miles to the gallon city/highway which I am told will improve. This is a great vehicle. Only downside was waiting 3.5 months for delivery of the exact color and style we wanted.

I love this car

by Y_Crodog0714 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin on Sat Mar 23 2019

I was lucky enough to have been bought this car as my first. It’s very spacious on the inside and I love driving it. I have had no problems with it in the time that I’ve owned it. The engine has just the right amount of pick up for the roads o typically drove (between 45-70). Not only are the front and back seat spacious but the trunk is as well, I can fit all of my athletic equipment and hunting gear with no problem. My overall favorite thing about this car is the comfort, I have a 90lb dog who loves to go for rides, and he can move around with ease without bumping or distracting me one bit! I was skeptical at first about the whole “ forging made car” thing but I’ve had many friends that have owned Volkswagens and and loved them. I’m planning on taking this car to college and I can’t wait!

Perhaps the Best VW Ever!

by Gear Head from Hanover, MD on Mon Mar 19 2012

The 2012 Passat replaces a 99 Mercedes E320 4Matic of my wife; I'll take over the Benz, so don't bother making an offer, thanks. The new Passat is gorgeous, has unbelievable front and rear seat room, alllowing two 6' plus people to both be fully stretched out and comfortable front to back. The 2.5 L inline 5 is not mellodious, but performs well and get great mileage. The Glacier Blue Metallic paint is v. pretty, and the car is now made in the US of A!

We love our 2012 Passat S

by JoeMar3 from Taylor, New York on Tue Oct 09 2018

We purchased our 2012 VW Passat S 2.5Ltr 5 cylinder in November 2014 used, It was previously a leased car, We fell in love with it almost right away. PROS: She is Good looking, Comfortable, Has a cavernous trunk area, Made even larger by folding rear seats, Massive amount of rear seat room even with the driver seat all the way back to the stops. Plenty of storage space on doors with a console main glove box and drivers mini glove box. Handles the mountainous roads where we live with ease. Has plenty of power and is fairly quick for a car of this nature. I love the 6 speed automatic transmission with sport setting, The ability to manually shift the car is definitely a plus when passing , Brakes are ample. AC is always more than cold enough and the heat is always there fairly quickly in winter, Fuel economy is really good in this car. a fillup lasts well over expected mileage with today's ridiculous gas prices. We run synthetic oil and are religious with maintenance . You care for this car properly and she will take you far. The stereo system is killer . The in car phone system is a blessing. hands free except for pushing the buttons on the steering wheel to make the call or answer the call. It works right through the radio . CONS; The cabin filter gets wet when going through a car wash and after a while begins to stink. (Easily changed around 12-15 dollars) The exhaust system parts are ridiculously expensive if you are looking to change the muffler (3 - 600 dollars for the massive muffler in front of the rear axle with a resonator at the back brakes rotors plugs etc are however reasonably priced) The push to open gas door becomes a PIA if the plastic latch isn't working properly and you have to pound on it sometimes to access the gas cap for filling.

Bought it Brand New

by Ali from SF Bay Area on Fri Aug 03 2018

This was the best decision i ever made. Great Car and no problems I have had it now for 6 years- around 92 k miles.. and all i do is change the Engine Oil on time.. I recently changed all lights to LED.. and installed FOG lights too.. it looks better than New :) Great Car!

love the passat

by therapist from az on Sat Jun 28 2014

previous volvo owner. love the passat!!! great comfort and room. superb feeling when taking the highway. much better handling than asian competitors

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2012 Volkswagen Passat

For many car shoppers, price is king — so it’s no wonder the prior-generation Volkswagen Passat, a 2010 model that started at $27,195, didn’t have much of a chance against family sedans from Honda, Toyota and others that cost thousands less.

Now, however, its chances are much better.

The redesigned 2012 Passat combines the driving dynamics and interior quality that VW fans expect with the roominess, comfort and value that the wider public demands.

The 2012 Passat has been designed specifically for the American market, and it starts at $19,995 — squarely in the heart of the midsize segment. Expect it at dealerships nationwide by the fall.

Offered in three trim levels — S, SE... Read More