2015 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

Explore the 2015 Volkswagen Passat
Shop the 2015 Volkswagen Passat
2.6

Burning oil like crazy

This thing started burning through (expensive) oil at around 35K and now is burning (no leaks found) roughly a quart every 1000 miles which according to VW (and the owner manual) is "normal" - this is not normal, never had any vehicle do this, even the old 'beaters' we have owned over the years. Would not recommend this car new or used to anyone. It was a nice commuter car for the first 35k miles, no longer at $8-9/quart for the fancy "european models" oil it requires it's getting expensive.

I have owned 5 of these cars. Enough said

Reliable, 50 MPG. Difficult to beat the MPG and comfort. I have owned Mercedes, and Lexus. For the money, comfort, size and MPG, the TDI Passat does not have a rival

2.1

Has a bad engine, consuming a lot of oil.

You have to keep an eye on level of engine oil otherwise it might be broken before you know it. Which is not convenient because it's extra work and it's very stressful.

2.1

Worst purchase nothing but problems

Car has been in and out the dealership for cluster instrument was fixed 3 days ago and is going bad again. Lights are dim and flickering also had the clock spring break 50k miles on car with all these issues complete garbage

2.7

Great car, until it's not

This car is a great form factor for our family of 4 with young kids. The back seat is spacious enough to fit a dog between the two car seats, and the trunk has ample room for a stroller and a weekend worth of luggage. The interior is nice, although the bluetooth always has trouble connecting. Unfortunately we were just out of warranty when the car started to idle unusually. We took it in and it needed a new timing chain and cam shaft, which is not typically a regular maintenance concern at 66k miles. It's a $3,800 repair and VW offerered to take some of the cost, but that's still a $2k repair bill on a car worth maybe 8k. Buyer beware! They are fine cars, unless you get unlucky and have to have the dealership pull the engine apart. It's unfortunate we'll be ruling the brand out from any future purchases.

Most Reliable Car I've owned

This car met all of my needs, this has an excellent pickup. Oil Change & schedule of maintenance is for every 10K miles or 1 Yr.

Peppy turbodiesel sedan

It drives like a good German sedan. I can't complain about the efficiency given that it's a ample midsized car. Handling is excellent and the engine has plenty of power to punch it and still utilize the torque of a diesel to cruise comfortably at low RPM>

Lots of power. Big trunk, rocket ship

I had a passat TDI in the 90’s. Loved it sold it because my son was out growing the rear seat. Bought a Diesel Benz. I bought this 2015 for my son so he has transportation at college. 44 mpg at 78 mph on the way home. What a machine! Heavy (3400lbs) solid car. Bigger and nicer than 90’s version. Bought manual trans so non of his friends could drive it. Cannot believe the power this car has even on long grades. Felt like I was king of the road. I am over 6’6”and fit nicely with no issues.

Excellent gas mileage

Roomy trunk space. Excellent gas mileage. This car is built to last. Comfortable To ride in and smooth ride. Stereo is amazing. Good leg room.

Volkswagen Passat TDI

2015 Passat TDI SLE. Purchased used from Sports and Imports in Tulsa Oklahoma. This is a great vehicle. The ride is so smooth. Handles like a sports car. Fuel mileage is great. Can’t believe how much room is in this car. The trunk is huge. I would recommend this vehicle.