2018 Passat

2018 Volkswagen Passat

2018 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2018 Volkswagen Passat?

Very comfortable and quiet great performance

by JM on Thu Apr 12 2018

Very comfortable and quiet great performance. I had previously upgraded from a civic to an Accord I was disappointed. The Passat R-Line Felt like a huge step up, very quiet and comfortable and the performance is great. Good speed, fast pick up, and handles really well.

Wish for the German model amenities !

by guacor from Metairie, LA on Wed Jan 10 2018

Very nice car with a lot of leg room. Largest in it's class. The only complain I have so far is the despite having great features compared to similar vehicles in the same category still not even close to the same Passats sold in Germany and UK. In order to be competitive they have to "cheapen" a lot. Still a very fun car to drive with gorgeous lines (I have the R Line), great performance with a 2.0 Liter Turbo and decent fuel economy.

New purchase

by johnouellette from Williamston on Mon Jan 29 2018

I traded my 2006 TDI Jetta reluctantly. It had 170,000 miles that were completely trouble free. The Passat handles very well and has excellent features. As I get older my reflexes slow down, so the braking, steering and parking features are an exceptionally valuable safety addition. The exterior design would not be a positive selling point. My Jetta had much more "character". But buying a vehicle simply for its looks would be as pointless as marrying a woman because she was attractive. The qualities "under the hood" are really what count. I have had very good service from the VW brand over the years and choose to remain a happy customer.

Dream car Passat

by real reviews from Corvallis, Oregon on Wed Aug 08 2018

I drove this car 600 miles, it was marvelous on gas, drove ultra smooth and handled beautifully! What an awesome ride! Everything about its performance was wonderful, it effortlessly glides when you speed up and you feel like your floating.

Smoothest vehicle I've ever owned

by CEV3 from Dallas, GA on Sat Mar 31 2018

I have been looking at cars for about a year when I finally decided on the Passat. I liked the roominess and the gas mileage. I was also "smitten" by the looks of the R Line - so I bought one! Urano Gray with the lighting package and black interior. Now, the R Line doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that other models have, but it does have Apple Carplay which eliminates the need for navigation and I LOVE the rims and the aggressive front bumper. And, did I mention the gas mileage??? I can't wait to take this car on a long trip. Another great selling point is Volkswagen's new 6 year 72000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. At the end of the day - I felt that I couldn't go wrong with this purchase.

Just bought a Passat SEL VR6

by GHP542 from Cleveland, TN on Tue May 01 2018

With les than 500 miles on it, I doubt I can add much to what has already been said. I wanted the VR6 for the performance and with the GT commanding MSRP and the incentives on the SEL, it was an easy decision. Car made me rate reliability but at less than 500 miles, who really knows. More latter as the miles pile up.

Great starter car for my daughter

by dadjeff from Phoenix AZ on Wed Jun 13 2018

This car met all my needs for a car which could be used by my daughter to go to school or anyone in the house to run errands and go shopping without having to take a massive SUV. It is great on gas, has an enormous trunk and plenty of legroom. So far it has been completely dependable.

love it

by matt from Boynton Beach on Thu Jul 19 2018

my wife and i love the car and are happy with the car and the way it drives nice and i would recommend this car to anyone

love this car, so I bought another!

by Evelyn from Atlanta, GA on Tue Apr 17 2018

I purchased this car for the roomy interior. With teenagers growing on the backseat, room is important. The backseat also has vents and a USB for your passengers. Most of all, it;s fun to drive.

Our Brand New Car

by Bill & Karen from Provo, Utah on Tue Nov 06 2018

This is our first new car in 10 years. We were looking for a car to replace our beloved sixteen year old Audi, something a little bigger but still fun to drive. We chose the VW Passat GT. We have 900 miles on the odometer as of this writing and this is what we think after 9 days: We like...the new car smell of leather seats (doesn?t everybody); all the new technology in the car; the simple attractive and functional interior; the very solid ride; the 3.6 liter VR6; and 31 mpg to Cedar City and back. It is very fun to drive and is a good road traveling ride. And did I say it?s very solid? We haven?t found anything wrong with it yet as we are just getting used to the newness of the car and all the new electronic gadgets, which are fun, after you read the owners manual on the thumb drive provided by the dealer. We are not disappointed with the car so far, in fact we love it, and are looking foreword to some good trips and good times.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2018 Volkswagen Passat

The verdict:

SUVs are hotter than goat yoga, but what's trending the other way are sedans, and although the 2018 Volkswagen Passat doesn’t exactly excite, its consistent pleasantness won me over.

Versus the competition:

We pitted the Passat against eight competitors in our 2016 Midsize Sedan Challenge, which it won; it's still strong two years later, but newer sedans trump it in fuel economy.

After a redesign for 2016, the Volkswagen Passat saw minor changes for 2017, and for 2018 it gets a new base engine and a sporty Passat GT trim level.

The Passat straddles sedan classes, competing against large cars like the Toyota Avalon and Chevrolet Impala as well as mid-size ones like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.

We tested a Passat 2.0T SEL Premium, the highest trim level Volkswagen that can be had with the new base four-cylinder.

Pep Then Plod

The base engine is new this year, replacing a long-standing turbocharged 1.8-liter four-cylinder rated at 170 horsepower. The new 174-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder is perky with plenty of pounds feet of torque around town. It's... Read More