The Buick Encore SUV gets a sibling in the Encore GX — a name that’s sure to confuse shoppers because the new model is actually unrelated to the pint-sized Encore. The GX is a little bit bigger, slotting in between the tiny Encore and bigger Envision SUVs in Buick’s lineup. It’s about 3 inches longer than the regular Encore and about a foot shorter than the Envision.
The arrival of the Encore GX gives Buick its fourth SUV for sale in the U.S. Does the brand really need another one? Well, that might not matter, given that just about every other automaker keeps shoehorning SUVs into their lineups, including GM’s other brands (Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC).
The GX shares a platform with the all-new-for-2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer, but Buick does a fairly good job of differentiating the GX with very different styling. It wears more upright lines than the Trailblazer, squatter windows and more of a rising beltline.
What else is different? Watch the video for more.
More From Cars.com:
- 2020 Buick Encore GX: Big Surprise in a Small Package
- 2020 Buick Encore GX Is Brand’s All-New SUV In-Betweener
- Research the Buick Encore GX
- Find Your Next Car
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLE63 S Coupe: Performance SUV Chops, Now With Less Roof
- 10 Biggest Chicago Auto Show Stories: 2021 Genesis GV80 Gives Up Little Ground
- The Week in Tesla News: More Mileage for Model S and X, Power Steering Recall, Tesla Takes Subway and More
- 2020 Porsche 911 Review: Is There Such a Thing as Too Good?