(3.7) 584 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

3.7
584 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of McCluskey Chevrolet from DealerRater.com
  • Test Driving my Dream

I came from out of town to test drive my Dream vehicle. I had set up an appt. the day before. Vehicle was not quite ready but when I got it t was well... worth the wait. Everyone at the dealership very helpful very involved.

• Poor Service and Sales

My car needed service and the service was terrible. Jeremy Huber who normally runs my service was out. He is amazing and the reason we serviced all ...our cars there. With him out they kept my car for 9 hours - never calling me when finished, didn't return a message from me, and the service light came on the 1st time I started the car. When I returned they wanted to keep my car again this time overnight. While my car was being serviced I priced buying a new car. The salesman quoted me a price significantly higher than every price I saw their website. They lost a loyal customer.

Overall Experience

• Normal vs.Severe Maintenance

Took my truck in for scheduled tire rotation and oil change at 48, 484 miles. Was told by Albert (Service Adviser) as soon as I got out of my truck th...at I needed more than that on my scheduled maintenance. Albert told me that I needed my transmission flushed, front and back differentials needed fluid changed and my transfer case needed fluid changed. So about 550.00 dollars more, If this service was not completed my warranty would not be valid. I picked up my truck the next day (the only good thing they did was get me a free rental for overnight) which I guess that you can do if you over advise. That night as I was looking at the owners manual, I did not need the service that I was told. Then to make things even worse the service manage told me today that living in Ohio I needed to have severe maintenance done based on where I live. This is totally new to me, no where does it say that in the owners manual, nor have I been told this before with other new vehicles purchased. Transmission flushed in severe maintenance states 72,000 mile, Albert told me it needed done at 48000???? I was misled, I will never trust going to this service department again.

Overall Experience
    McCluskey Chevrolet

We have had 3 elevated Managers contact the customer in an attempt for a resolution with him, because we do truly value his past, current and future b...usiness. He hung up on all 3 of us before this could be accomplished, promising to go to social media regarding his feelings, and before what is indicated below could be further explained to him. Although he may never have heard of Ohio being a "severe weather" area in the United States, it is in fact considered such, and doesn't mean it is not true from a manufacturer of vehicles standpoint. Our Service Advisor, Al, was simply doing his job (and a great one), by following proper protocols in informing a customer of what has been recommended by GM as needing to be performed based on where he lives, (Ohio), even showing the customer the GM Required Maintenance Schedule. The customer approved the repairs, and like he said, we provided him with a free loaner vehicle, and he came back in and paid for these repairs that he approved in advance. I wanted to include here, in this response, some (there are countless ones from reputable known names), of the articles associated with severe weather conditions, but it will not let me attach those, or copy/paste, therefore, a small snapshot includes; "AAA study finds most motorists drive under severe conditions, do not realize it..." AAA identifies severe as being; -drive on short trips of less than 5 miles in normal temperatures or less than 10 miles in freezing temperatures (freezing defined as 0 degrees, temperatures we're getting here locally in the next few days/hot as being 90 degrees or above, which we frequently have in our summers). -drive in hot weather stop and go traffic -Drive at low speeds of less than 50 mph for long distances -Drive on roads that are dusty, muddy or have salt, sand or gravel spread on the surface -Tow a trailer/camper/or transport items on roof rack or in a car-top carrier. Auto Trends Magazine article states, -Urban drivers face much stop-go traffic and should follow the "severe" maintenance schedule and they state, "the owner's manual is your car's bible, an authoritative document carefully assembled by the automaker. One important section is the maintenance schedule and divided into 2 sections - normal and severe. The differences between the two are often compared to night and day- with much tighter maintenance intervals for severe driving. So, which schedule should most drivers follow? If you answered, "normal," you are in for a surprise. With this in mind, let's examine the schedule types and why following a "severe" schedule may be the best choice for most drivers, including you." For example; Hot weather driving in an urban setting. High heat stop/go traffic conspire to wear out cars faster. Specifically, lubricants found within motor oil break down rapidly under these conditions. As a result, adhering to a normal schedule will only wear out your engine quicker. To that end, Al, our service advisor input the customers VIN number into GM's database to determine services that might be needed (as well as the miles) - that would be specific to his vehicle. GM (not McCluskey), indicated GM FACTORY REQUIRED MAINTENANCE based on his VIN/miles. The customer then made the decision to move ahead with this maintenance. I can't reflect every article about why Ohio is considered a "severe" weather/driving state, but there are more than I can count online for review. We are truly sorry that the customer is unhappy with this designation as a severe weather state, but again, it is not ours - it is GM's - and I'm sure other manufacturer's of vehicles as well. A complaint about the designation of this could/should be addressed by the customer to General Motors if he is not in agreement with it. We are a GM dealership, and must adhere to proper polices/procedures and to ensure that our our customers are made aware of what GM states on the subject of Ohio being a severe weather state.

• McCluskey leaps and bounds above the competition

I looked for a vehicle for a few months prior to stumbling upon the McCluskey website. Your internet sales team is phenomenal and ultimately are the f...olks who got me into the dealership. Upon my arrival, I was advised to ask for the Sales Manager. Instead, I saw Amber, a female salesperson, and requested to work with her. She was the first woman I'd seen at 10+ dealerships. I really enjoyed working with Amber and later Jon & Adam in finance. They were professional, trustworthy, experienced, and made the whole process seamless. I even changed vehicles, upgrading from a 2017 to 2018 model mid process and they were extremely understanding and genuinely wanted to ensure my satisfaction. Amber stayed in touch with me Ebert step of the way and was a liason as I worked with various departments. I loved the flow of the dealership. They have great branding and have invested a LOT improving the client experience. My only complaint is the wait time, but in your defense, you were selling a ton of cars while I was there. Nevertheless, I like dealing with people and the folks at McCluskey are top notch, experts at their craft and I'm a lifelong customer now. This was my first brand new car purchase and I'm thankful to buy from McCluskey.

• Best Car Buying experience Ever !

First class people supported by a first class dealership. The McCluskey experience has taken car buying to a whole new level; you feel like a VIP driv...ing off the lot in your new McCluskey Chevrolet!

• Customer

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was so inviting and entertaining for my children which made the whole process less stressful. ... Thank you for an enjoyable experience.

• Great experience

Professional as soon as I walked in. Greeted by salesman at the door who did not ask me if I was looking for a car. Instead, they asked who I was here... to see and then directed me to the front desk. Receptionist asked who I was there to see and then promptly informed Big Joe that I had arrived. I worked Joe over for five days until we found the perfect fit for me and my budget. Joe answered every text, email, and phone call. Joe even kept me up to date on progress without me prompting him. That kind of service made me feel like I was his only customer. I appreciated that more than Joe will ever know. I could not be more satisfied with my purchase and the experience I had. Joe made the car buying experience, dare I say, pleasant. Service department was also great. I had an issue with my radio and a nasty scratch that I found the day after I brought my truck home. I called Big Joe and he - I will say that again Joe, my salesman, set up the appointment for me. Dropped my truck off, received a free loaner car, and received a text from Joe around 10pm that my truck was done. Joe met me at the dealership the next day. He found my truck walked me through the repairs, shook my hand and away I went.

• Very pleased with my purchase.

My sales rep was very helpful during the whole process. He took the time to find the right used car for me and my son. The process was smooth with no ...issues. I would definitely recommend McCluskey's to anyone. Make sure to ask for Justin, he is a terrific salesman.

• New Care

Worked with Don Butts to find a car for my husband to drive to work that would get good gas mileage, be comfortable and affordable. Don was very respo...nsive and always got back with us as promised in a timely manner. He worked to find the perfect vehicle within the budget that we wanted to stay in.

• Buyer

Great experience. Jeff Schreiber was amazing!! Facilities and lounge areas are top notch too.

9673 Kings Auto Mall Rd Cincinnati, OH 45249