Goodwin Volvo Cars

4.5

4.5

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Excellent Service

Goodwins service department is excellent. Marc and Ted are both very thorough and professional . I have never had an issue with the work of the technicians.

Dealer response

Thank you so much for saying so, Ed. We will let Marc and Ted know what you've said! Take care and be safe for the rest of this winter!

The Perfect Car for Us!

Charlie Carrigan was extremely cooperative and patient with us during our long search for a car. He made the process easy and enjoyable and we ended up with just what we wanted for a price we could afford. Thanks, Charlie

1.0

new car purchase, used car purchase with coupon

my wife went to purchase a used v60 cross country yesterday using a coupon I received in the mail. She had called to make an appointment to see a particular car requesting that she be told if the car was sold so as to not make the trip. She arrived at the appointed time and was told the car she wanted had been sold and that the other car that was available, a similar v90, didn't qualify for the coupon. Neither salesman Charlie nor manager Ed were in the least bit helpful. She felt mislead and as if the two of them were doing a " bait and switch" dance at her expense. I have been a service customer of Goodwin for 5 years, have owned 4 Volvos in the last 20 years, and am getting ready to order a new XC90. None of this seems to matter to salesman Charlie or manager Ed. They were unpleasant to my wife and in a subsequent call I placed to manager Ed he was unconcerned and dismissive of me. We will take our family Volvo business elsewhere and I suggest that others do the same.

3.0

Inflated Estimate

12 yr old XC90 purchased new overseas delivered to this dealership. All maintenance during warrantee done here. Recently driver door would not close without cycling lock/unlock function sometimes setting off alarm. Enroute to dealer tire air warning appeared. I requested estimate of both problems. $119 for labor got me 2 estimates: Door issue, just under $600 replacing 2 parts; 3 tires needing new tire stems, over $400. Checked with two local aftermarket garages: first found only one stem leaking and fixed that with cleaning and a gasket for well under $100. The door was fixed in an hour with a single cable replacement and didn't require a new handle or more hours of labor to fix. Total expended to fix both problems: $217 with everything fixed. This was probably my last visit to this business.

Second Volvo from Goodwin's

Charlie has been a great salesperson: friendly, informative, not pushy, and honest. This is our second Volvo we've bought from Charlie and would highly recommend him. Additionally, Goodwins is nearby and has done a good job servicing our Volvo, so buying again makes perfect sense.

Dealer response

Hi Dave! We are happy to hear you had a great experience, both from a salesman and the dealership in general. It's good to know we got you and your family into a good and reliable Volvo at a price that makes sense for you. And, as always, we are happy to make sure your car is running like new every time we have it in for service. Glad we could help, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Outstanding Dealership

Knowledgeable, friendly, respectful staff, servicing my two volvos for 14 years now. They do it right, explain it carefully, do extras. The buying process was a breeze.

Honest, Reliable, Friendly Service

Being recognized when we come in, by multiple employees; having a comfortable waiting room where our dogs were welcome too; knowing that all repairs would be completed professionally and promptly. Do I need to choose one? They are all part and parcel of Goodwin's Volvo!

Goodwins ROCKS

I bought my Volvo at Goodwins 4 years ago. They came highly recommended by a friend. I wasn't disappointed. I love my XC60. They gave me a great trade in on my S60. The XC60 was pre-owned but was like new. Came with extended warranty which was purchased by original owner and I have never paid for any visit! I would purchase that warranty again if I bought a new one! We also bought a used 2002 S60 for our daughter two years ago and she drove it to Denver and it's still going strong. You get what you pay for and Volvos are a great car. Specifically, this service dept ( Marc and Ted and the gang) is outstanding, they know their stuff and treat customers wonderfully. I've always avoided car dealer service till now!

Great Experience with Good People

Sales consultant was very affable and knew his product inside and out. There is a real "down home" feel to the dealership. I probably would enjoy a root canal more than shopping for a car but can honestly say my experience at Goodwin's was enjoyable. They are nearby and offer exceptional customer service.

Goodwin's Volvo

It was the best car buying experience of my life, and I'm over 60. Rich Armstrong, my salesperson, was friendly, reliable, very courteous and extremely knowledgeable about the car I bought. I had to drive 150 miles to get to Goodwin's and I'd do it again.