Call This Dealer

Used

4.3
  • Best place to buy a used car
    June 11, 2017

Auto 4 Less is a fantastic place to buy a used car. David is a classy, honest person who will work with you rather than try to take advantage of you. ...We went to numerous used car places in the Bay Area before going to A4L and they all had serious flaws, either with their inventory or trustworthiness. But not David and Auto 4 Less. Great price, great car and fantastic experience. Buy with the utmost confidence.

• Overpriced
    May 10, 2017

Smaller dealer, so a little higher priced because they need to make larger margins. This is understandable, however, had to do all customer service w...ith associate who cannot finalize a selling price without owners approval. Like dealing with a middleman with no authority. After 3 days, I was offered a deal $7 under asking price. Complete waste of time. I was looking at a vehicle with a rollover accident in its history, and they where asking for the equivalent of an Excellent condition vehicle on Kelly Blue Book in my area. Bottom line, they where overpriced and not willing to play ball. I purchased my last vehicle from a different dealer right next to this one about 5 years ago, and the service was much better. I guess I expected the same thing walking up this time.

• Like this car dealership a lot
    January 21, 2017

Great customer service. Manuel and David worked with us so we can get a car that's within our budget. They did all the paper works for the car, and we... just had to wait for it. When we got home after we bought it, I noticed that there was a little crack in the front glass. My dad called David, and he told us to bring back the car so they can see it. David called someone to fix the crack. After an hour, the crack was fixed. These guys are still willing to help their customers even though the car was already sold. Because of this, I'm more than positive that I will be back buying another car from them in the future. I will also tell my friends to check out this place if they need to buy a car.

• I Got a Great Car and Smooth Transaction!
    December 26, 2016

Due to my tight schedule, I bought an Audi Q5 remotely from them, and worked with Wayne through the whole transaction. He was prompt with my question...s and fully transparent with providing a CarFax. I arrived on BART on a Saturday, and Wayne picked me up, so I could test the car. It was everything as described in the advertisement, and when we got back to the dealership, he had all the paperwork ready to go, so I could have everything wrapped up quickly. It took no more than 10 minutes, and I was on my way. I have had the car for over a month now with no issues; and have even taken it to Tahoe and back in a blizzard, and the car runs like a charm. Thanks again Wayne and David for a great car and smooth transaction!

• A Nice Place to Shop a Car
    October 2, 2016

All dealers/dealerships aren't created equal. Well this is true in a very positive way as I found a diamond in the rough. My Scion tC finally died (au...to transmission) and I always said I was going to replace it with a Lexus IS 300. That's all good until you actually start hunting for one. For those who don't understand, finding an IS 300 is a feat in itself. They sell quickly, and you're lucky to find one under 150,000 mi. Well, not only did I find one, they had two for sale both under 150,000 mi. I drove down (from El Sobrante) the prior weekend to check the place out and get a feel for it as it was a smaller/local car dealership. There, I met Manuel who helped me from beginning to the closing deal. He was very courteous, not pushy, and shot straight with me. I called back the following Tuesday (today) to see if the car was still available as people were inquiring about the car while I was there! It turned out a few individuals made offers, but they were below the listed price. Oh yeah, pricing was the same as the website. I even asked for the out-the-door price (taxes, fees, etc.) and gave me that as well. Needless to say, I was ecstatic! I secured the vehicle today after following up with Manuel. Also, he let me drive it to my mechanic in El Cerrito to get looked at prior to purchasing for my piece of mind. The big takeaways are Auto 4 Less may not be a huge dealership, but they are: respectful, not pushy, and honest. The car buying experience was smooth and easy-peasy! I would recommend. My personal takeaways are: research (common failures, common costs, common lifespan, etc.) the vehicle you are looking at prior to purchasing as that goes a long way!

• Great quality car and excellent in services!
    September 10, 2016

Got a 2005 Mazda3 from this place a few days ago. Manuel the sales rep worked with me to find the best loan possible. This is a used car and it needed... some work like brake rotors, wheel balancing and alignment Manuel had his mechanics fix the problems on the same day. So yeah...best car buying experience Ive had to date... Got a good price for a good used car for my kid to use for school...Thanks Manue l!!!

• Integrity, high morals, values, trustworthy budget
    July 31, 2015

I have know Auto 4 Less and the owner David since 2002. Now that is a long time. Since then he has helped me with my hobby aka buying 2 cars at a mini...mum each year. The car sales price ranged from $3000 - $ 45000. I met him at a coffee shop at first. He earned my trust over the time. There is not one strange thing, or single guide line of ethics, morality he bends. He is passionate about helping his customers ( I introduced him to my family and friends) who also purchased cars from him. He has integrity, manners and stewardship. His prices were fair, he would tell you what car to get or to steer away from. He provided full disclosure of the cars he knew, he got in touch with me when you found a car I wanted. When his business grew, I his business ethics or practices did not change. He employs people who are hard working, those who really need help and try to put food in families plates. He used to provide financing and warranty at a reasonable price. Advised me to stay clear of insurance companies both car and warranty insurance as he knew them personally and had customers who had bad experience with them. To this day aka 13 years later, I still talk to him and purchase cars from him, simply bc I know he is honest and has no ulterior motives aka make a quick sale.

• Wasn't satisfied
    September 10, 2013

I was looking at the 2001 Mitsubishi galant that this dealership was offering. The pictures he had online were flattering to the car, it looked like i...t could be everything I was looking for in a used car. I live 75 miles from this dealership so I had called the owner 3 times just to be clear on some specifications. I asked if there was any damage to the car and if it needed any repairs. He said the car is in great condition and is really clean. He took down my name and number and said he'll see me soon. Once I got there, the building was a small trailer in the back of a lot. There was plenty cars, but I saw the Mitsubishi right away. It didn't not take me long to realize that the car looked nothing like it did in the pictures. The dashboard was cracked and there was paint chips everywhere. And, this is all from my view outside the car, cause the owner never came outside! That was rather surprising, they usually come and greet you. After about ten minutes, I left and did not look back. I read the reviews on this dealership and just shrugged it off, hoping that I would not experience any car troubles. Although my experience wasn't as bad as others, make sure you know what you're getting into before you arrive there and don't bother making the trip if you live as far from there as I do!

• Terrible Service!
    August 12, 2013

I had planned on buying a 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V from this place since it was a decent price with low mileage that happened to be a few minute...s away from my home. I had called one day and the man who answered the phone, probably the owner, who had a thick possibly Vietnamese accent told me that the car I was looking for is in fact sold by them, but was in the shop for minor scratches. He said he would call me within 2-3 days saying that the car would be fixed by then. Few days later I decided to call instead since he had not contacted me since. When I called he had his typical salesperson attitude attempting to coax you before you even mention your business for calling. Regarding the car he had told me that they are now fixing a "small" dent in the front bumper and would take another 2-3 days, which I don't understand. I call again after 3 days and he tells me that he needs to contact the "mechanic" because apparently they haven't contacted each other in a long time. I have college classes coming soon and I also work as a car detailer so I was hoping to get the car, but I guess that won't be happening. Much rather than having to wait weeks for a response and wasting my time doing business with this person, I would have preferred him to straight up tell me the car is either not going to be available, or just properly explain what's wrong with it. The only reason I gave 2 stars for customer service is because he usually answers the phone, other than that.. He has lost a potential customer, and if he continues to act the way he does he will continue to lose more.

Auto 4 Less