Model Details

1999 Acura CL Consumer Reviews

Average based on 11 reviews

Well balanced in all areas,

by from Beverly Hills, CA on December 26, 2006

Beautiful and unique styling that looks like a prototype of a car of the future. Detailed elegant lines, super comfortable interior both ride and seats. One of, if not the most favorite, vehicle we have ever had.

GREAT CAR

by from New Jersey on December 13, 2008

I have had this car now for five years, and would still hold on to it, but beginning to have problems with it. I have test driven a few other cars, but after driving this car, it has spoiled me to get another Acura. It still drives like a dream on the highway, so fast, so smooth, so comfortable. I would certainly recommend it to all.

Loved the look of this car

by from El Paso, TX on July 26, 2009

Been leasing cars since the early 90's and the higher end cars hold their value so well, the monthly rates are most manageable. Loved the way the Acura included routine maintenance, like oil changes for 48 months while a Honda Accord you had to pay for them yourself. I took the 2.3 liter engine as it was most responsive and felt any more horsepower and I'd just be getting pulled over all the time. Loved everything about the car, particularly the extraordinary rear styling. Replaced it with the 2001 CL S and the 3.2 liter engine was phenomenal. Such a thrill to drive. Always keeping my eye out for a clean '99 CL - love to have another.

Our favorite out of ALL makes. Acura CL

by from Monterey, California on February 26, 2009

Exceptionally comfortable. Exceptional ride. Extremely smooth and quiet. Beautiful styling. Roomy backseat and trunk. 2-door coupe styling. All the convenient features you could want. Excetional visibility all-around.

VERY comfortable inside and so WONDERFUL to drive!

by from Los Angeles, CA on June 12, 2007

This car offers the best combination fo everything in one car. The seats are very very large and are very confortable. The leather is super soft and smooth, and the padding is just perfect. Everything works well and is easy to operate. The car is one of the most attractive cars on the road. (Right up there with Mercedes CL.) It is classic and formal, yet sporty looking. The ride is like a cloud, yet controlled. The car is very quiet. We would buy this car again in a heartbeat. The 3.0 models in 1999 have beautiful wheels with at least 10 spokes.

A lot of bang for your buck

by from Southern New Jersey on August 28, 2006

Very decent gas mileage considering how quick it was. Very comfortable on long trips. Could of used a little bit of updated styling in the interior but guess you can't get everything.

Great car.

by from Pleasanton, California on January 19, 2012

We 're the second owner of this CL and we just love it. It is the best car and is so reliable. Never has it given us any kind of trouble. '99 for certain is definitly a good year for this car. We have never had a better car. This car is very comfortable, it has great visibility while driving, super strong Air Conditioning, great factory radio. Everything is top quality and design on this car. Drives and handles wonderfully. We are spoiled with it and are still not selling it. Have put on 150k miles and it still runs strong and like new. A real gem of a car and top-notch refinement and quality.

Fast, smooth, great bang for the buck!

by from Seattle , WA on February 2, 2011

Love this car, purrs at 120 like your going 75 and yet decent mileage. Has all the bells and whistles that most new cars still lack.

My Sporty, Trusty 2.3CL

by from Toronto, ON on January 6, 2013

I owned my 5 spd Black 2.3CL since 2006, when it had 68,000 km. Now, with 213,000 km on it, it keeps on going. Except for the odd issue, like starter, alternator, brakes, it hasn't given me any issues. I have done some custom suspension work on it as well as a cold air intake and chip to improve performance, and it hasn't disappointed. Honda was smart enough to introduce VTEC (variable valve timing) much earlier, in 1993 or '97 I believe, before any other manufacturers, like the Domestics, thus the fuel economy has been there and still is from the beginning. I average, 32 mpg or better any day, on a 14 yo car. I dare anyone to compare. Honda also didn't try to trick us, like the Domestics, into buying cars that don't actually get what they say, or misusing the highway mileage as the average. I am happy, I have to part with it because I would like something newer, otherwise it has been a great, fun car, with the little luxuries that Acura affords.

Excellent Ride

by from Arizona on May 4, 2013

Best used car I have driven. Performs excellent and is a lot of fun. Quick and precise. Love it. WIll keep it until it dying days.