2001 Acura Cl

amazing car for the money!

by from Montana on June 29, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this car! Fun to drive, well built, gas mileage good for a v-6. I love this car!

Great Car After 118,000 Miles

by from Bonny Doon, CA on June 13, 2008

My 8 year old red CL-S still looks sleek and fast. The styling has always been understated with no gimmicks, and will probably not look out-of-date 10 years from now. On the highway it cruises at 70 at 1900 rpm. I've twice measured 400+ miles on a tank (31 mpg). Its fast, a blast to drive in the mountains, and very comfortable - the seats are fantastic. Great Bose sound system too. The car has been absolutely trouble free - except for the well known transmission issues. Acura first doubled the transmission warranty to 100,000 miles, and did a recall to improve lubrication flow. When my car started to have mild transmission symptoms, Acura replaced the transmission at 105,000 miles with no argument, even though the warranty had expired. In 24 years my wife and I have had 2 Hondas and 2 Acuras. We kept each of them for at least 8 years and 110,000 miles. Prior to that I had a rapid succession of BMW, Porsche and Audis - none were kept for much over 3 years. Very likely we'll be buying a Honda Fit or Civic next.

2001 CL-S

by from NE PA. on July 24, 2012

Owned my CL-S since new Now with 235,000 on the clock. Without question the MOST reliable Car I have ever owned. Oil change @5000mi. With Mobil 1 and standard maintainability is all that is needed. Fabulous seats! 29-30 mpg on the highway what more can you ask for!

Excellent fun vehicle with great gas mileage

by from middleton, wi on March 7, 2010

Very smooth acceleration and overall performance. All interior instrument controls are high quality. Love black leather seating which is very comfortable. Surprising amount of luggage room in trunk for a coupe.

Acura CL 3.2 Type S

by from Huntington beach, CA on November 10, 2011

One of the best cars Acura ever made and they are idiots for not making another one just cause they didn't know how to market it. dumb advertiserd. I could have sold 100,000 of them in the 3 years yet they could only sell 37K world wide. Best luxury 2 door coupe made for under 30K$ !!!

CL-S

by from California on June 17, 2006

CLS is a very nice car, confortable with an upscale feel. Great power, and famous Acura reliability. Unmatched features for this price range.

Acura cl type s

by from South Florida on March 5, 2015

This cars have the worst transmission in the world over all the car is great just get ready to buy anew tranny after 70k miles

"Too many blind spots"

by from Kirkland, WA on June 16, 2007

I bought my Acura new and I still love it. There is only one problem with it. The front driver's side mirror and the car frame on that side seem to meet to provide a big blind spot. I have to move my whole body to see cars when they want to turn and I want to go striaght at a stop sign. I have had a couple of near misses. There are other areas that are also badly designed so as to prevent good vision. Other than that this is a great car.

CL Type S - Almost perfect

by from Providence, RI on August 10, 2006

Pros: 260 hp, HID lights, dual power and heated leather seats (with driver memory) auto dimming mirror, Bose sound system, stability control, moonroof ect... No other vehicle comes close to giving you all those features anywhere near it's price. The reliabilty has been outstanding and people stare everywhere I go. The Type S is well worth the extra money. Cons: Well known transmission problems. I have had the recall done and will keep my fingers crossed. Also, the paint does seem to chip easily. Overall, it is an outstanding car. It's power, features, styling, and reliability are top notch and I am now an Acura customer for life.

Acura CL Coupe S-type

by from Raleigh, NC on September 25, 2011

Great car for the money. The Acura CL has proven to be reliabilty and sporty at the sometime. I love the interior design, and the handling on my CL is awesome. I have had some manufacture defects, i.e. review mirror auto dimming fluid leakage The SRS light coming on for no reason. Other than this minor issues I have enjoy my car.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Acura Cl