2014 Acura Ilx

Awesome car for the price

by from Carmel, in on July 8, 2016

I have been researching cars over the last 3 years considering what was going to be safe for me and my family. Over the last 6months I narrowed it down to one and that was the Acura ilx. It handles amazingly and that does mean a lot to this girl since I do appreciate a good car. It's roomy inside so you don't feel cramped and it is quiet too. I have been on the road quite a bit and it passes with ease and speeds up great. So considering all that I was looking for and for the cost is just a no-brainer to me since I was looking for affordability and reliability. I hope this helps and if you're considering a 4 door safe luxury car that's reliable then definitely go for this one and take it for a test drive. You won't be disappointed.

I love my new ILX

by from Chicago on October 30, 2013

The Acura ILX is a great car. The combination of performance, agility and good looks make this car so pleasant to own. The handling is excellent and the car goes exactly where you point it. The interior quality is very nice, I love the way the leather wrapped steering wheel feels on my hands. The car is underrated. Some reviewers say the car is underpowered, Please test drive this car, it is awesome! The engine is smooth and refined, and the HP feels stronger than the 150HP it is rated at. The transmission is smooth and the sound system is wonderful. I drove the Honda Accord and Subaru Legacy and I liked the ILX a lot better. It has a great looking exterior and feels compact and zippy to drive around in. I would highly recommend the ILX

A sophisticated economy car

by from Carlsbad, California on November 23, 2013

The ILX offers luxury entry level amenities at a reasonable price point. It provides balanced handling with an improved front suspension over its alter ego the civic. The leather, feel and soundproofing provide a more sophisticated ride; however, a sports sedan it is not. It lacks the direct feel from the steering wheel and performance is anemic with a (150 HP ) 4 cyl engine. It's ironic that the more preferable (200 HP) engine is only available with the manual transmission (such a shame). It is by every other standard a great small sedan at a reasonable price point with more than adequate gas mileage (38 Hwy), luxury and still provides the "fun" factor.

Best Luxury compact for the money

by from on February 18, 2015

Love honda products, switched to a corolla and regretted the decision. Looked at acura ilx and was amazed at the price and the value. Luxury car with only 150hp but the car loves to rev and have no trouble going 70 to 80 moh on highway while averaging 32 to 33 mpg. Great car hooked on acura and maintenance has been reasonable at 15k miles.

Got what I paid for

by from Highland Park Illinois on September 28, 2013

Good car for payung 25K. If I was willing to pay 32K would have moved to BMW or other but with my budget it was the nicest overall in looks, safety,etc and performance for my wife was more than good enough.

Upper class Civic

by from Vestal, NY on July 3, 2017

They say it is a civic frame on a Acura body. Best of both worlds ! Honda reliability and Acura class !

Pre-owned ILX

by from Glenolden, PA on April 19, 2017

I love this car. Everything about it is exceptional. Interior styling and technology are great. Gas mileage is above expected. The ride is smooth, but road noise is noticeable until you turn on the radio. And the exterior styling is beautiful.

Acura ILX 2014

by from Highland, Utah on November 7, 2013

Great economy car. Very pleased with gas milage and overall look for an economy car. Very stylish. No turbo boost like power however still a great car.

Love my new car!

by from Lafayette, la on April 7, 2017

I didn't notice how small the interior was until I had people in the back seat. But other than that, it's awesome.

More than I expected.

by from Huntersville, NC on April 22, 2014

I started with a VW, then a Mazda, then a Nissan, followed by a BMW, and replaced by a Honda, which led to an Acura. Yes, all have been a manual transmission, and this is the best one yet!!!

Our Expert Review: 2014 Acura Ilx