Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 6 reviews

Packing on the Miles

by from Chicago, IL on May 15, 2006

I bought my 1997 Acura Integra used with about 20k miles on it. Now, it has 92k miles on it and it's still in great shape. There's no rust, I've had nothing but regular maintenance type replacements and it still handles the same. I'm hoping to keep it another 90k miles and I really think that's possible.

very reliable

by from queensbury,ny on January 27, 2010

its a great car!it always runs and goes.it handles well; its good on gas.its a nice body style but its a cop magnet and not particularly roomy.i've done nothing to this car except put brakes on it. its got 140,000 miles on it.

Nice reliable Appliance

by from Orange County, CA on December 7, 2009

I bought this car used in 2005 with 100K miles. I immediately changed the timing belt and water pump myself as I didn't really know service history. Honda OEM parts are quite expensive! No reliability issues in over 70K miles (now at 172K miles). Engine doesn't use any oil between changes (6000 miles on synthetic). AC is cold. Leather interior is not the greatest quality but that could be from lack of care by previous owner; not sure. With automatic transmission, car is slightly underpowered. Have to keep the "revs up" in order to get decent performance. I polish and wax car 3 - 4 times per year and paint is holding up well. Brakes are excellent but did use aftermarket pads and installed new rotors; much less brake dust now. Pads have 30K miles and are still at 75% or so. Handling is excellent; can't believe suspension hasn't softened since I've owned it; corners as if it's on rails. Hatchback is very useful for hauling stuff from hardware store: Had 800 lbs. of concrete in back from Home Depot! The trick to buying one of these "used" is to make sure it's not "used up;" that is driven by a teenager or younger driver. I found mine as a trade-in at the Acura dealer.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Wichita, Ks on February 3, 2007

I bought this car about a year ago, It has 187,000 miles on it and runs like a dream! I've never once had any trouble what so ever with it and love it to death. I've put about 20-24k miles on it and have done nothing but regular work on it. It still has the original battery in it! It's a one owner car that's had all proper work done on time. The 5speed manual transmission is great for handling the steering is great it hugs the road and loves to preform and hates gasoline, The breaking is excellent, I've only had one emergency breaking when i was going about 55-60mph ( dog ran in front of me ) and it stopped on a dime. It takes anything i throw at it (which is alot ) I would defiantly recommend this car to anyone looking for a Quick, Eye catcher that's fun to drive with superior handling

Great deal

by from Jacksonville, Fl on January 30, 2012

Got a great deal. Was surprised, an older car with no issues. One owner car taken well care of. Thanks cars.com

great car

by from San Diego on March 19, 2011

We bought this Integra new in 1997.Best car we have ever owned.Over 150,000 miles and still runs strong.Needs very little maintaining.If Acura still made this car I would buy another one.

Our Expert Review: 1997 Acura Integra