2000 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews

2000 Acura Integra
Average based on 7 reviews

Amazing first car!

by from Charlotte, NC on October 14, 2010

I've owned my Integra LS coupe/hatch for over 2 years now. I bought it as a one owner, non-smoker, "leather special" with a little over 81000. It looked amazing and ran like it was brand new. As a big car enthusiast I had certainly heard of the car and loved it the minute I saw it. Its leather seats are very supportive and appealing to the eye, but not comfortable for long trips. The cup holders could be larger and better positioned but thats about it as far as complaints go. The gauges are large and easy to read, with a 6800rpm redline hinting to the cars performance focus. The clutch uptake is very easy to modulate and the shifter is predictable, although the length of the throws could be a little shorter. For me it was a very easy car to learn how to drive a manual in. From the factory the cars output is a very respectable 140hp, it also makes for a great starter power plant with a huge number of relatively affordable performance parts. This motor pulls very well considering its displacement and lack of VTEC(Variable valve timing). These cars are extremely fun to drive and the front wheel drive is more forgiving in many situations. The steering as with most Honda's/Acura's is a little light, linear, and communicative. Another Honda trademark is the B18's rev happy nature, putting out its peak output well above 4500rpm. The car is beyond reliable, only requiring typical maintenance. If you take car of these cars they will take car of you, running for 200,000+ miles. I almost for got to mention the gas mileage! Even during spirited driving this car is a fuel miser compared to other sports cars. Overall a great car can't think of much I would change about it A+

Best Value Car

by from on March 5, 2010

Probably the best value car you will every get. It will last forever and has the lowest maintenance needed on any car I've ever owned. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a good looking car and doesnt wanna pay a lot of money for nothing.

Really nice car with great potential

by from Sacramento on September 1, 2012

I love this car I am into the performance styling (jdm) this car has great potential in styling everything I like and can fix this car any way. for me the fwd usually affects the way I see the car but I could make an exception on this car.on the right hands and money this car is a show car. The things I don't like about the car is that it's a 4 person car but there's not enough space in the back seats your feet will be highly unconfertable specially if your a "big built" person. Other than that I love everything else about it I HIGHLY reccomend it

Reliable and Fun!

by from on September 8, 2010

My Integra has been very reliable and is lots of fun to drive. The handling and transmission are great and the engine has a nice tone (no fake muffler sound required). My GSR is in great shape and has very low mileage. PLEASE NOTE: negative reviews about a car that is "horrible" or in "very rough condition" ARE NOT ABOUT THE CAR IN THIS AD.

sweet

by from Shelbyville, IN on October 13, 2008

I've not owned it very long but is smooth, drives like a sports car but rides like a larger sedan. I have owned several hondas and the integra feels better than its cousin.

Value-Performance-Reliability, it's my 2nd Integra

by from PA on December 28, 2007

The 2000 Acura Integra is the second Integra that I've owned. My first was a 1991 LS with a 5 speed. I bought it used for $6,500. Then added 50+ thousand trouble free miles and sold it for $6K. So value wise, owning a car for 3.5 years / 50K miles for $500 is a HUGE VALUE to me! By the way, all that needed replacement were the brakes, tires, oil and filters. Just the normal stuff that any car would need. I ran into the guy that I sold it too 5 years later. The odormeter had 285,000 miles logged on. And still going strong! The 1991 Interra LS was sold so that I could buy a brand new 2000 GSR. I have 78K on her. She has been completely trouble free. Did I mention that I race? My cars see redline almost every time I drive them. It is just so much fun to drive the Acura and Honda cars. They take it, then always ask for more! They never let me down,,,,,,,,,,,EVER! That goes for my circle track Honda Civic and roadcourse Honda CRX Si. I have won the track championship 2 times with my Honda Civic. OK- getting back to the 2000 GSR. It's handling is nimble. Then engine is powerful (170 HP.) The brakes work quite well (I brake very late and hard.) The transmission, oh the transmission,,,,it is as smooth as butter going through the gears! The ride is perfect- not too stiff like a racecar, but firm enough to have lots of fun through the turns without needing a chiropractor! The sound system has been just right- no problem and nothing aftermarket, it just works fine. I like the sound of the engine since installing a cold air intake and exhaust systems. I can drive this car like a little old lady, but she likes it to be tached up to 8,000 RPM also. So, if you plan on just having a fun to drive, excellent value, reliable, performance little car that also gets around 28-30 miles-per-gallon, don't look any further. This is the greatest car I've ever owned hands down. I have owned about 25 cars so far. It is also great in the snow! I don't even have all season tires, and it does OK in the snow. But I do highly recommend all seasons or even snow tires if you have to drive alot in that weather. (I do use my SUV 4x4 for the heavy snows.) Good luck and may Honda and Acura be number 1 in your book as it is in mine! Thanks for reading.

I will drive this car until it dies

by from Nyack, NY on April 11, 2011

Amazing car. So happy I bought it. I have had it for over 100K miles and no issues to speak of beyond normal maintenance. This car is so reliable. Great with a 5-speed.