2002 MDX

2002 Acura MDX

2002 Acura MDX

4.4

Have You Driven the 2002 Acura MDX?

Best car I've owned

by JM from Vancouver, WA on Tue Aug 01 2017

I love my Acura MDX. It runs like a champ. Hasn't had any issues...just regular maintenance. It is now almost at 200,000 miles and I fully plan to keep it going. Will need to change the timing belt again and I am sure it can run for another 100K. Just make sure you keep up on oil changes and other recommended maintenance and this car will treat you well. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Hondas and Acuras and my MDX is no exception. The AWD is underrated and way better than I expected. Doesn't get stuck anywhere. It got me out of a foot of snow with no problem.

Fun family sport utility

by 2002Z28owner from fort worth, TX on Mon Jun 26 2017

My daughter has owned this car for about 13 years. It's in fantastic condition with a flawless interior.

Nice looking and great when it?s not malfunctionin

by Rydess from Dartmouth, Ma on Tue Aug 28 2018

I bought two used high mileage and fixed anything it needed. I was chasing codes on this suv and spent so much money I just sold it for a loss bc it was not worthy my time or risking my family safety. When it runs good. It is a really nice vehicle. Once a code is set off it?s done. Shuts off without warning and high maintenance. Reliability is not a strong suit used. I have driven many vehicles and this one I will not put my kids in again.

Does not recommend this car!!

MDX is the best

by B&B on Sun Aug 26 2018

The MDX is a great vehicle; very reliable and inexpensive to maintain, even at nearly 17 years old. The AWD handles heavy rain so well, almost no hydroplaning. We only sold it because we were ready for some modern features that were not available in 2002.

Very durable car

by Shakes from Mineola, new york on Mon Jul 23 2018

Very durable, spacious, comfotrable, good on gas and miles. I would recommend this SUV to anybody looking for something reliable, steady, and very roomie. Great on highway miles

Best Budget SUV on the Canadian Market

by PMA2296 from Markham,ON on Wed Apr 19 2017

This car is phenomenal! I have owned it since 2006 and still drive it as my daily driver in 2017. it has a couple of rust spot near the rear wheel arches, but still goes strong.

Tranny problems

by lemon anyone? from NY on Wed Jun 11 2008

I shopped for a Toyota and ended up with the MDX. Although I loved the car for the biggest part up until now, I have to say that I am extremely disappointed to find that I need a new transmission at 100,000 miles. That would be expectable if this was a Ford, but I expected to see this car go at least 150,000 before I had to change the tranny. After reading up on the Acura "blogs", I now find out that Acura had increased the size of the engine, thereby cutting back on the size of the tranny. The '02 & '03 Acura's are apparently known for this problem. Unfortunately, Acura doesn't want to hear about the problem. I am now shopping for that Toyota I should have purchased 4 years ago.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great All-Around SUV

by Joe from Sun Valley, ID on Wed Sep 09 2009

This is my first luxury SUV I've ever owned, and hopefully my last! I've owned a '94 Toyota Camry, a '95 Honda Accord, and a '93 Chevrolet Suburban, and extensively driven plenty of other vehicles. My MDX has 136,000 miles and gets 18mpg in the city and 23mpg on the interstate. For potential buyers, I'll list some of the pros and cons of this vehicle. Pros Steering & Handling: I live in a mountain region so the exceptionally tight steering and suspension are put to use on a regular basis. Also, Acura used a shorter, wider wheelbase for this vehicle which shortens the turning radius and makes the vehicle VERY easy to maneuver in the city. Interior: The leather, in spite of being 7 years old, has held up nicely. The local climate is very dry so I recently started using a leather conditioner. Some nice features are the third row seat, the ease at folding the seats up and down to take advantage of the massive cargo area, and the additional power outlets in the jockey box and rear cargo area. A very well thought-out interior. AWD: This system is managed by the car computer and sends most of the power to the front wheels. When slippage occurs, power is automatically transferred to the rear wheels. Snowy and icy roads are the norm here for 4 months out of the year and the system performs very well under these adverse conditions. Honorable mentions: Bose 9 speaker sound system, V-TEC engine, Sun Roof, Heated Seats (a must in cold climates) and all the other standard included features. Cons Ride: The downside of a tight suspension is that rough roads can make for a rough ride. Also I had to rebuild most of the front suspension at 120,000 miles. Noise: On smooth roads, the noise is negligible, unless there is wind. With rough roads and/or wind, be prepared to put in the earplugs! Hill Climbing All of the great features on this vehicle do add quite a bit of weight, and getting this car up a hill requires a LOT of gas. It will climb okay, but be prepared to sacrifice your gas mileage. That's pretty much it for the cons. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this vehicle an 8.5

2002 Acura MDX Touring with NAV

by NDSUARCH from Eagan, MN on Thu Dec 27 2012

Recently purchased a used 2002 MDX, and so far is has been an excellent vehicle. Very comfortable, drives and handles very nicely, and in my opinion is still an aesthetically pleasing vehicle even after 11 years. The vehicle still has the original bose speakers and they still sound great! I also like that if I ever need to replace or upgrade the speakers, they are very easy to get to. Even though the NAV is 11 years old, it is still very usefull and easy to use. Very much enjoy the MDX and look forward to owning it for many years to come.

2008 Acura MDX

by ll from Little Rock, AR on Fri May 06 2011

This car has 150,000 miles - has been a great car. No real problem - the transmission went out and had to be replaced about 80,000. after that there has been very little problem -I have run regular gas most of the time - it calls for premium - this has clogged up the engine a few times - other than tha, it gets about 20 MPG and runs every day.

1 2 3