2003 MDX

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

8 Years Old and Still Lovin' It

by Acura Guy from Dublin Ohio on September 4, 2010

Our 03 MDX is the best car we've ever owned! With 90K on the vehicle, it is as tight, responsive and as good looking as the day we bought it. Like most vehicles, we have had a few very minor maintenance items. Seat trim broke, rear A/C stopped working (due to a relay that I was able to replace myself) and all of the tabs on the interior A/C vents are broken (common MDX issue) however the vehicle has been reliable, comfortable and does simply everything we have asked it to do. I believe I will easily be able to drive this care for another 100K. I pull a small trailer (PWC) and have loaded the vehicle with people and this car simply does everything we need. I don?t know much about the newer versions of the car however if you are in the market for an early 2000 SUV, I would highly consider looking at an 03 MDX.

Watch out for Transmission Problems

by MDX-2003 from Canada on July 29, 2008

Purchased 2003 MDX new. Everything about vehicle is great except for transmission which failed at about 80K miles. After much pressure Honda agreed to pay half the $4,550 cost of a reconditioned transmission. Honda settled a class action suit for defective transmissions for model years up to 2002, but my model year was not covered. Clearly they are still having problems, so be sure to maintain vehicle according to warranty specs. As well the dealer advised to change transmission fluid at twice the frequency recommended in owners manual. Transmission has no filter so impurities will limit life in his view.

Love it!

by Yankee Farmer from on February 4, 2016

I just got a 2003 mdx to drive my kids around town. Wow. It's super clean, only 100,000 miles! I did the timing belt immediately because it is the time to do it. Don't take any chances with that! I am sooo happy! I wanted a nice used car. The reviews on most of the classy cars showed high maintenance cost over 100k. Acura and Lexus are the answer to that problem. You can't go wrong with (Honda) Acura. My leather seats are like new, plenty of space, nice Bose sound system. Don't be fooled with high mileage European cars. Stick with Honda/Toyota when buying used. Good luck!

One of the best cars I have ever owned!

by Honda Lover! from Bear, DE on January 17, 2010

We have put 150K on this car and have only had one problem. We put a new starter in at about 65K. Other than that, this car has been great. Many complain about transmission problems with this car but I have not experienced this yet. It is a little cramped on long drives though. This is not unusual for Honda products though.

Great SUV except for Transmission problems

by LilMoma from Dayton, OH on March 22, 2010

Bought my 2003 Acura MDX in 2008 with 88000 miles on it. Loved this vehicle. Took it everywhere. It now has 142000 (March 2010). The transmission went out at the 142000 miles and I was told that there was a chance that the transmission would not be able to be rebuilt. Waiting for word on how much it will cost me to fix. However everything else about this SUV was awesome! Great handling, loved the interior design, the room and comfort.

Great Car

by CT from CT on October 10, 2011

I'm an original Owner of the 2003 Acura MDX. The car has been Great! No ProblemS. I highly recommend this car for a family of 2 or 7, seats 7.

SUV

by MDX from NC on July 8, 2010

All good except for transmission...on the third. All under warranty fortunately. Gas mileage is fair...17 in town and 23 hwy.

Best car we ever owned

by KRENGIRL from on April 29, 2017

For many years, this has been a dependable, trouble-free car with plenty of run and lots of luxury. Everything has held up well, especially the leather seats. We have had no major problems. We will buy another one just like it when this one is gone.

Great family SUV

by Acura++ from on May 13, 2017

I purchased a 2003 Acura MDX brand new and have had it for 14 years. It is safe, reliable, low maintenance, and a great all-around family SUV. The family liked it so much we purchased a new one to replace it. Highly recommended.

Decent Vehicle

by Chauffeur from Orange County Ca on November 12, 2006

The Acura 2003 MDX is a nice car. This has been well established. It is a good preformer and has many features in the interior to make anyone happy. For instance, the system features a state-of-the-art navigation system that is still far better than many competitors' systems. But as a performance vehicle, the MDX does not approach too much greatness as the feel of the vehicle is still truck-like.

1 2 3 4