Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 MDX

2013 Acura MDX

2013 Acura MDX

Have You Driven the 2013 Acura MDX?

Fabulous midsize SUV; excellent value

by DaddyK from Washington, DC on Sat Jan 12 2013

I'm extremely happy w/ my 2013 MDX. The handling, acceleration, and smoothness are equal to Mercedes or Lexus. The interior comfort, though slightly cramped on my 6'1" frame, is top notch, as is the design and efficiency of all the controls and their placement. I've carried 6 passengers very comfortably and my kids (13 & 18) are pleased w/ the rear seats and leg room . For me it far surpassed all competition in its price range (Jeep, GMC Acadia, etc). I prefer the previous models' body style, but this one is handsome enough for me. My only complaints (minor) are 1) the features and integration of the Tech Package (Navigation, Audio, Blue Tooth, Voice Commands, Reverse camera, etc) are truly incredible, but its fairly complicated to learn all the commands and how to switch back and forth (and I'm very tech savvy) 2) I thought the car came with remote ignition (which I really miss) and a roof rack (which I also miss). I probably should've been more vigilant prepurchase, but I also wish the salespeople had made this clearer. I'm looking at an additional 1.5K to add these features which were standard on many of the other cars I shopped.

MY 2013 MDX

by DAVE B. from FAIRVIEW, NJ on Sat Feb 15 2014

I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A NEW 2013 MDX. FINDING ONE WAS DIFFICULT AS THE NEWER 2014 MODEL HAVE BEEN OUT SINCE JUNE & I HAD TO SHOP OUT OF STATE, STILL THE SUPPLY WAS VERY LIMITED. WHEN I COMPARED THE 2013 TO THE TOTALLY NEW 2014 MODEL, I WAS SURPRISED TO LEARN SEVERAL IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES. FIRST OF ALL, THE 2013 IS THE LAST OF THE 2ND GENERATION MDX WHICH STARTED IN 2007 & HAS PROVEN ITSELF OVER THE YEARS. I BELIEVE THE ALL NEW 2014 MDX HAS HAD A COUPLE OF RECALLS ALREADY. STYLING WISE, THE 2013 HAS A MORE AGGRESSIVE LOOK WITH IT'S MASSIVE DUAL CHROMED TIP EXHAUST PIPES, FOG LIGHTS, FLARED FENDERS, MUD FLAPS & A WIDER WIDTH. THIS IS ALL MISSING ON THE REDESIGNED, SLEEKER 2014 MODEL. THE 2013 ALSO HAS MORE HP, A GREATER TOWING CAPACITY, THANKS TO A TRANS/OIL COOLER & WEIGHS HUNDREDS OF POUNDS MORE. THE GAS MILEAGE IS REDUCED SOMEWHAT BUT THE EXTRA WEIGHT MUST PROVIDE A BETTER RIDE & GREATER SAFETY. ALL CONSIDERED, I AM VERY PLEASED WITH MY 2013 MDX & I SAVED THOUSANDS TOO.

Acura MDX

by Car Guy from Lake Oswego, OR on Mon Aug 12 2013

As an owner of a 2008 Acura MDX. I was completely pleased with the car. The gas mileage could be better but for an honest 7-seater mid-sized SUV you can't beat it. I bought the 2013 vs. the 2014 mainly due to the head-to-head comparison I did on Cars.com. The new model does get better gas mileage but is smaller in cargo and passenger measurements important to me like shoulder room. I loved my 2008 and I am so far as pleased with my 2013. Maybe the Infiniti JX can come close but Acura is overall a better vehicle.

Great SUV

by Just a guy from Massachusetts on Thu Jun 02 2016

My first Acura MDX was deemed totaled after an accident. I was so upset because I really loved that car. That car has 104K on it and ran like a top. Because of my previous experience with Acura, I purchased a used 2013 Acura MDX this time. I test drove the Lexus RX350, but I could not switch. The Lexus RX was a boring ride and just not an MDX. I love the size and style of the MDX. It rides great, has great pickup and has plenty of room for people and things. I'm very happy with my 2013 Acura, and I hope to drive this car for many more years. It is a phenomenal car. Buying a used Acura is the way to go. Acura makes a great SUV.

great car two nits

by skinsnut from Sterling VA on Wed Dec 12 2012

Overall this is a great SUV only two issues I have are minor. The rear seats do not fold down flat so storage is propped up by the seats. The dark brown leather interior was not available on any color except black and white. Would have looked great in a blue exterior.

Thank you Car.com

by Acura Driver from Maine on Fri Mar 01 2013

The use of this website gave great information comparing many makes of SUV. The value found in the 2013 MDX was the best for style, comfort, towing capacity. The pricing guide was outstanding and paid less than the target price.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

excellent so far

by car lover from New York, NY on Wed Jul 10 2013

I had this truck for 2 months now and I love it. The main reason I bought the truck is because my mercury mountaineer is getting up there in mileage and I needed another truck just in case the other one starts to give me problems. This is the best midsize luxury suv I have ever driven. It has a smooth ride and a powerful 300 hp engine and it is very spacious. Although the the third row seats might not be as adult friendly as my mountaineer it is perfect for the kids. Gas mileage is great for a midsize suv and it's great being that gas prices are up and down I won't need to worry about spending to much. I also love the features such as XM. radio, rear back up camera, DVD entertainment, navigation system and much more. And I got all of this for just a little under 50 grand. If you are looking for a great truck that is full of luxury and can take you places in style then take a look at the Mdx.

Nimble SUV i've ever own

by On the go from CA on Fri Jul 26 2013

I just bought this 2013 Acura MDX so far im loving it. Handles great even on a tight corners, very roomy. I wish it gets more gas mileage but oh well it has power when i need it.

A good product

by ROCKY from long island .NY on Wed May 29 2013

MDX is a very good SUV. HANDLING IS VERY EASY inside technology controls easy to operate 3rd row seat not recommanded for adults for a ling ride,but good for kids

A great car

by Duong from Little rock on Mon Jan 14 2013

Handles beautifully. Loves the sound system. All the amenities were very nice. Running side board as standard equipment would have been nice. Gas mileage could be better, oh, well !!

1 2 3 4