2007 RDX

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great little SUV

by John from Boise on March 29, 2016

I don't like car payments, and I am a big fan of used cars. I was looking for a used car to replace my aging Honda CR-V. All the used CR-V's seemed to be overpriced, and that is what led me to the RDX. I bought one with the tech package. The car is almost 9 years old and has over 100k miles on it, but it is a very solid car. I am getting around 20MPG in mostly city driving. The suspension is a little stiff sue to the sporting nature, but I like it. The car has great power. The turbo lag is noticeable, but after driving it I am very use to the power band now. The car handles great (much better than my old CR-V). The SH-AWD really works well.

Sport handling with SUV practicality

by chocolate from Scottsdale, AZ on April 9, 2010

I have enjoyed owning the RDX for 3 years. It is still fun to drive, great interior, nice accessories, and well built SUV. Service has been routine with no problems. Mileage is 20+ average, with normal driving style. Only minor complaint is lack of enough lighting in cargo area. Handles like a sport sedan, but has ample space for groceries and trips to Home Depot.

The "drivers" small SUV

by Steven from Fort Worth, TX on October 12, 2010

With it's SH-AWD and turbo this small SUV drives great. It has a somewhat firm ride as a trade off for sporty handling and wonderful control. My wife gets about 22mpg total average but with plenty of power to use when needed. The vehicle has been reliable and easy to do maintanence on for the DTY people like me. I highly recommend the RDX.

Solid Choice for a Lux SUV

by RDX Driver from Chicago, IL on March 29, 2009

I own a 2007 black on beige RDX. I purchased it because everyone I know owns a Lexus RX, which I am not fond of, and because it undercuts the competitions price by a noticeable amount. Overall, I generally like the vehicle, but I am convinced that it is not for everyone. For instance: Few appreciate that the rough ride of the RDX is from a wonderful suspension that makes this car feel very agile in its moves. Many see this as just a rough uncomfortable car. Also, the interior doesn't have the typical wood trimmed interior. Instead, it has a more contemporary intricate looking plastic trim. Many see this as a lack of luxury, when it is just more modern than the typical wood trim. As far as driving goes, it is great. The RDX is quick off the line and while passing traffic on the expressway. However, the fuel economy is lousy. 16 in the city is typical, and it doesn't get past 22 on the highway. I just drove with my family to Florida from Chicago in the RDX and it didn't pass 21.7 the entire time we drove. While driving back from Florida, some road debris popped both right side tires. Acura roadside assistance was great, they helped us with every step of the problem, and soon, the Acura dealer in Macon, Georgia had us back on the road with new tires. My only complaint about this car is the lack of a premium feel in the interior, fuel economy, and the rear end styling. Other than that, its a great car.

Best car I have ever owned

by littlemommaof3 from Dallas, Tx on April 11, 2013

This is by far the best car I have ever owned. It has the large size of a SUV but the sportiness and efficiency of a sedan. The thing that is so nice about an Acura RDX is that the things that would make a car fully loaded for any other car, comes standard for Acura. This car comes with a 6 cd changer, heated seats, sunroof, premium sound, leather seats and a sport shifter. This car is so much fun. I get to drive a nice sporty car with my three kids and not have to feel old. Not only do you get to have all these added bonuses of such a luxurious car but you also have the reliability factor, Acura is still one of the best cars reliabllity wise on the road. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car and I am so glad that I have gotten to drive it for the last 3 years of my life. Awesome CAR!

Best used car I've ever owned.

by Hip mom with money sense from Illinois on April 17, 2012

I bought a "new" used 2007 RDX over two months ago, and have had a great experience with it so far! I love the way it performs, looks, and hugs the road. The first week I had it, there was a bad snow storm, and it performed excellently. I felt very safe, and even went through drifts with no problem. Its a alot of fun to drive and has all the equipment I need. If I had anything bad to say, it would be that the gas mileage isn't great. I only average 20mpg every week driving around. I would buy it again though. Love it. I plan it drive it to 300000 miles!

Great vehicle for the price

by Love It from Pawling, NY on July 3, 2009

I have been driving the RDX for 2 1/2 years now and I love it. It handles great in all types of weather. I am surprised that people complain about the ride being too stiff - I think it is perfect. It has a sport feel and on twisting and turning roads it sticks to the pavement. I think the drivers seat could be a little more comfortable. I am tall and on a long trip I don't feel like my back gets enough support. Other than that it is a great car.

i love this car

by george from seminole FL on February 1, 2016

i bought this car used with 24k miles. it now has 72k. the car is great and very unassuming. i like when i merge onto a hi way and the car behind pulls out to sail around me and never gets the chance and moves back behind me. it is very comfortable. and still utilitarian. i gave the performance a "4". its not a Ferrari. but i would give it a "6" for its weight class. even with 5 in the car, there is quite enough power from this 4cyl. 40 series tires and a suspension kit please. i would buy THIS car again but the newer models apparently aren't meeting minimum requirements. 2 downers. turbo lag and lack of control as to when it kicks in.

This ute is the best. Period

by RDXdude from Chicago,IL on March 5, 2007

The RDX is an amazing car. It is quite responsive and drives like a sport sedan. I chose the RDX over a BMW x3 for several reasons. A totally decked out RDX still costs less than a base X3. Also the design is much more pleasing to my eye, especially in the interior. The car is very comfortable, but some people may complain about the stiff suspension. One great feature is the armrest that you can put a briefcase, backpack,or purse into, which also locks! The RDX drives like a sports sedan, and actually corners almost as good as a BMW M3! The the super handling-all wheel drive(SH_AWD) really helps, and makes snow driving safe and easy. The RDX with the technology package is what I bought, and I highly recommend it. This is because you get a back up camera, navigation, real time traffic, and much more. The navigation is easy to use and extremely clear. I must say though, the fuel economy could be better. I get around 17 mpg if I am driving normally, but if I drive very hard I get about 13 or 14. When I am on the highway, I get about 23-24 mpg. I find though that I get about 18-20 mpg in the city IF I use the paddle shifters. This is because I can keep the car at a lower RPM, therefore using less fuel. Overall though, in the city, I can get about 320 miles on a tank of gas. Though,I average about 350 because I drive on the highway too. This car requires premium fuel. The reason why I liked this car so much though is because it costs so much less than a BMW X3. A X3 with everything that an RDX has for around $37,000 and X3 has for $45,000. Also the X3 is not very reliable, or so I hear from my friend. I had a trade in vehicle with a value of five grand, so that brought my cost to about $32,000, so it was about $37,000 before. Once I had the tax, title, liscence fee, ect,ect,ect, it was thirty three thousand dollars. Overall, I recomend this car to any one because it is a bargain, it is fun, and overall functional yet simple. 5 out of 5 stars.

Outstanding for the money

by Love cars from Colorado on April 16, 2007

My wife recently got the RDX to replace her 2004 Audi A4. Nothing wrong with the Audi, but the back seat leg room for even my infant daughter in her carseat was terrible. We needed something with just a few more inches. We looked at the Infiniti M35. I loved it, she didn't - and since she would be doing most of the driving, it was her vote that counted. We looked at the RDX and both of us fell in love right away. It's a handsome little SUV with very distinctive, modern styling. The interior is well-appointed (though i could do without the plastic chrome). For the price, you simply can't beat it. It has a rear-view camera to help you in backing up. It has Acura's excellent nav system which is a breeze to use. It has blutooth. Homelink. Steeing wheel audio/phone controls. Virtually every feature you can think of, all rolled into one $37K package. The handling and power of the engine is what did it for me, however. I took the RDX up into the Colorado mountains on a snowy spring afternoon. It performed like a champ and the engine - a relatively small turbo-charged 4-cyl - performed brilliantly. My only complaints are the small hint of turbo lag on take off and the interior plastic chrome. All things considered, this is a nearly perfect car.

1 2 3 4