2009 RDX

2009 Acura RDX

2009 Acura RDX

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2009 Acura RDX?

Best bang for the buck!

by love cars 68 from Media, PA on Tue May 05 2009

I think you have to take every review with a grain of salt..... I think the ride is fine, even very comfortable and smooth. My car prior to this was a 2002 VW Jetta, so for me, it is a much smoother ride. Our other car is an '05 TL, so for us it feels like driving the TL, but it is a little higher off the ground. My friends that have driven with me have even commented on the smooth ride, so I guess it's all perspective (they have a Volvo S60R, an Audi tt, a BMW 325, and and a Hyundai Santa Fe). I feel like we got a great deal on the RDX and with all the standard features, I feel like it is a great value. I knew the gas mileage going in wasn't going to be great, so I am not going to complain about it. I basically do chores around town and average 18.5, which isn't too bad considering it says city 17. I love my RDX. We are also a couple that does not have any kids, so we just wanted a little more cargo room than the Jetta to pick up mulch for the garden and the AWD since we live on a hill. So for us, it is the perfect vehicle!

Minor quips

by Acura fan from New Jersey on Wed Dec 05 2012

Some of the electronic functionality not intuitive. Without the owners manuel and a decent amount of study time I would not have been able to figure out some of the functions including the handsfree to add to the phonebook. Still can't figure out the seat memory buttons or they aren't working right...having said that though the car is a lot of fun to drive and I expect it to last forever like my old Acura Integra.

we love this crossover

by glakco from Connecticut on Mon Oct 10 2011

bought this car after changing from a minivan. couldn't be happier unless we got a navigation unit but wasn't available in used vehicle. love this car.

worst riding car

by quality car enthusiast from michigan on Sun Dec 15 2013

I test drove the 2009 RDX around a circle the car dealership created and thought the car drove smoothly however on the real roads including the interstate it rides like an old truck. My husband rode in the back seat and couldn't believe how he was bumping up and down. He refuses to ever ride in the back seat again! Everything else on the car is very nice and I find the navigation system easier than my Toyota's navigation system. Still debating on whether I should trade the RDX for a smoother riding car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Reliable car and easy to maintenance!

by Alex from on Sun Mar 12 2017

Have owned this car for over 4 years. Very reliable and good on gas. Comfortable and stylish. Very fast for. 4 cyl. Great in the snow and in the mountains with SH-AWD.

sporty and reliable....so far

by tbones from northern mi on Wed Jul 25 2012

We bought this vehicle a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. The ride is a little stiff do to the sport suspension...we had a corvette so we are use to it. The 4 cylinder engine w/ turbo is quite impressive. There is some lag on acceleration, but certainly not disappointed. We dont have the tech package, but it still has enough bells and whistles for our liking. My only complaints are 1.) having no rear hatch opener on remote. 2.) price seems a little steep, but this is our first Acura (hopefully, in the long run it will be worth it).

09 RDX with Tech

by gsw from NY on Sat Sep 22 2012

This by far is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned. Even buying it with 32k miles the car is still like brand new.

Worst Ride Ever

by WishIBoughtAnAudi from IL on Sun Dec 28 2008

OK, Let me start by saying that the Acura RDX is a fabulous vehicle in regards to performance, safety, & options. I seriously love everything about it ~ it's great in the snow, it handles really well, the deep console is a dream for sales people, as well as the handsfree everything! The Technology package & AWD are great! BUT THE RIDE IS HORRIBLE! If you are someone used to a luxury ride, this is not the car for you. My sports car driving friends think it's great; I hate it. I am extremely disappointed in the ride. It is the bumpiest ride I've ever had in a car & my first car was a Ford Escort! It feels like I'm riding in a pick up truck. I expected a lot smoother, more comfortable ride from a "luxury" brand. I've had the car 6 weeks & can't wait to get rid of it, it's that bad & I'm a person who had her last car for 9 yrs! You just can't tell with the 1 or 2 mile ride you take around the block on the test drive. I read a similar review about the ride & even asked the dealer about it & he said, "I believe they vastly improved it for the 2009." UNREAL. If this is improved, I feel sorry for the 2008 drivers...

Great vehicle

by AC Man on Sun Jul 16 2017

This car is great to drive and really good power I pur chased this car in New York and it performed great come blizzard or storm . The AWD was spectacular the only down side to this vehicle was the substandard interior leather too thin. Mechanically sound but expect to possibly replace the Turbo charger at around 96000 miles , but otherwise I loved this car I actuality purchased it for my wife and she loved it more than I did.

pretty good car for the money

by ashleyaf from slidell, la on Mon May 08 2017

nice vehicle, the interior could be better made for as much as you pay. the leather tore in a few places.