2014 RDX

2014 Acura RDX

Have You Driven the 2014 Acura RDX?

A nice smaller SUV

by MikdinEDH from California on Thu Jul 14 2016

I've owned a number of Acura vehicles over the last 20 years. Everything from Integras to a CL and, most recently, a 2015 TLX. The TLX was, by far, the worst of the bunch. I got rid of it and found myself in this CPO 2014 RDX Tech Package with AWD. I've had it a few months now. The good, so far? The V6. Tons of power. The tranny. A good old 6 speed. No cruddy dual clutch 8 speed. The ELS is better in this vehicle than it was in my TLX. Maybe it's just the acoustics inside the car but it's really good. Obvious points would be the cargo space and so on. I do miss the dual screens but it was my choice to buy this used and not go with a 2017. Also, it's very quiet inside. A bit of road noise but no wind noise. The mileage in town is very good for an SUV. I'm averaging 22 and this is all stop and go stuff. No highways. It feels very substantial. Solid. The only thing that I find that I would improve on would be the ride. It's a bit rough on cruddy roads. Most everyone mentions that and I could see this leading to squeaks and rattles as time goes on. I shall see! The seats should fold completely flat, Acura! They're not bad but it's just being picky. Otherwise, I really enjoy this thing. It's only been a few months but I have had no issues with it. More than I can say for the first two months with the TLX.

I love my RDX

by First time Acura owner from Decatur, GA on Thu Jan 30 2014

I am a loyal Honda owner. I recently purchased an Acura RDX and love, love it. I stayed in the Honda family, which I consider a plus. I love the way the RDX looks and handles. It is the perfect size for me, not too big not too small - I do not have children, only two dogs. It is the perfect car for me.

Overall a great car

by Retired Buyer from Plano, Texas on Sat Jun 07 2014

I was in the market for a 2012 MDX. From what I knew about the RDX, it was a 4 cyl. Personally, I would never own a 4 cyl. car. At the dealership, I noticed an RDX on the lot and the sticker got my attention. It was a 6! For the most part, the only difference between the RDX and the MDX is the 3rd row seats. My previous car had a 3rd row and in 8 years, I used it exactly once. Needless to say, I got the '14 RDX (loaner with less than 5K miles) for 4K less than the '12 MDX with 25K miles. It looks great, rides great, and has a lot of pep. I love the interior creature comforts. The blue tooth integration with my phone is amazing. Easy to set up and I can push one button and say the name of who I want to call. If I get a text message while driving, it is spoken to me. There are even a number of canned responses I can send with the push of a button. And, it will not allow me to read or send texts while the car is not in park ( I wish all cars had that feature). I also love the back-up camera. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do, you do not need to use the rear view or side mirrors when backing up! A minor downside is it requires premium gas. For me, that is a small price to pay for a car that performs this well. I see a lot of MDX's on the road. I recall it came out in 2001. There are still a lot of the 2001's driving around with 200K + miles on them. What does that say?

New SUV

by Like Acura's from Kings Park, New York on Sun Feb 16 2014

Love my new Acura RDX 2014. It has a wonderful ride. I have the AWD and it is great. Handling is really good, and I really like the style.

Great Car

by RDX Driver from Council Bluffs, IA on Tue Oct 08 2013

We have been driving Honda pilots since 1003. We wanted a little smaller SUV with roominess inside. When we want to look at the RDX, I wasn't sure if I could sit in it because of the moon roof. When I got into the front , the space in the front was almost as large as the pilot. That sold us on the car. So far my wife loves it, and I enjoy it whenever I get to drive it.....

Awesome Car!

by Griffin from Los Angeles, CA on Fri Nov 08 2013

The Acura RDX is amazing. Dwight Rogers at Acura of Glendale was phenomenal. the RDX is byond comfortable as well as luxurious and sporty. i love it!

Best car so far I have owned

by kpatelsdi from Oak Creek, WI on Wed May 28 2014

Its a perfect SUV. Nothing negative about it. Seats are very comfortable.We are very happy with its performance.

Solid SUV

by New to Acura from Central Illinois on Fri May 23 2014

I originally looked at an RDX in 2011. But didn't want a turbo charged car, so I bought a Mazda CX7 iTouring. When the 2013 RDX was introduced I looked again, but the Mazda was still too new. When the end of the model year came for the Acura, I started pricing a 2014 RDX. When I found a dealer that gave me the price I wanted, I traded the CX7 for an RDX. My RDX is a FWD with tech package. The Acura is bigger and more capable. Build quality on both vehicles is good, but the Acura is more quiet. Acceleration is much better, but the Acura feels much bigger in corners, and when parking in smaller spaces. I've only had the RDX for about 3 weeks, so I can't say anything about the reliability. I am hoping for the legendary reliability of Honda, but we will see. My experience tells me all cars have some level of reliability if you drive in reasonable ways, and do the maintenance. Overall I am happy with the RDX. It seems like a great highway driver. Good fuel economy (so far 29.7 mpg average - mostly highway) and a great stereo. Can't wait for our next long trip.

Best car I ever had

by My RDx from La on Thu Apr 10 2014

Love my RDx best car I ever bought rides so smooth! I had 2 honda accords before and love honda I'm glad Acura is part honda

by Flower701 from Fontana, CA on Mon Oct 20 2014

We are very Happy with our purchase, we love the comfort the ride and size of our SUV. very sporty looking.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2014 Acura RDX

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2012 about the 2013 Acura RDX. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The redesigned 2013 Acura RDX is better armed to win over shoppers — it's larger, lighter and more efficient — while offering an attractive value proposition.

Acura didn't have much success with the RDX in its previous incarnation. It was reasonably priced with a slew of standard features shoppers would want in a luxury SUV, but its quirky turbocharged engine and cramped confines were deal breakers.

The 2013 has been redesigned in a number of significant ways... Read More