2003 RL

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2003 Acura RL?

An Extremely Reliable Car

by Evonne from California on Fri Mar 18 2011

I have over 120k miles on my 03 RL, and I have never experienced any mechanical problems with it, except for 2 minor defects -- air bag and seat belts -- and these were covered under warranty. I purchased mine new and in many ways it still drives like a new car, e.g., no rattles, solid feel and smooth ride. People can't believe how many miles I have on it because it just doesn't show wear -- except perhaps for the driver's seat, losing it's color and getting creased. When the time came to get a new car, I just couldn't part with it -- so I kept it for "town car" duty. It's almost like a good friend it's been so reliable. As for performance, it will hold its own against any other sedan, just shift it manually if you really need to go (easy and fun to do). For work, I need to drive a lot on the mean highways and city streets, and believe me, I have left many a MB and BMW in my wake. Only real minus is that it is not the most fuel efficient -- but it certainly is no gas guzzler either. In sum, this is a very elegant, graceful and understated luxury car.

Best and probably the last car I will ever own

by Hilander1 from Durham City, County, NC on Thu May 20 2010

I love my BLACK 03 RL and will probably not buy another car the rest of my life. I have always wanted an ACURA but could not afford one until I bought mine preowned. My RL drives like a dream, looks great and gets many, many comments. Many people think it's a Mercedes, BMW, or a Lexus based on the exterior styling. My RL is a beauty and I am totally pleased with this car. This car makes you want to keep it clean every chance you get and then some. I added the wheels and tinted the windows and that is it. The power could be a little better, but then I don't need heart thumping power any more.