2005 RL

2005 Acura RL

2005 Acura RL

Have you driven the 2005 Acura RL?

Most reliable car however i haven't driven in snow

by kanghagas from DC on Tue Oct 28 2008

Wish I had Acura instead of Mercedes 560 SEL sooner. This car does whatever and whenever I want. Rain, light or heavy, even when visibility are low inspires confidence. Moderate crosswinds at enter state speed? No problema.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by AcuraFanForLife from Cleveland, OH on Mon Mar 03 2008

The car has 105,000 Miles on it and it is still running strong. People all the time think that it is new, and low miles. Never gave me a days trouble. It is much nicer than my previous cars (02 Cadillac Seville STS, 99 Chrysler LHS, and 96 Chevrolet Tahoe.) Acura's service department is just amazing, and a pleasure to deal with. This is the best car experience I have ever had.

Excellent choice

by TSXCRASH from New Providence, PA on Fri Feb 18 2011

Bought a 2005 RL with 45K miles($21.5k) after totaling my 2005 TSX, front end collision at 50 mph (walked away, 120k miles). The RL's ride is outstanding, the interior is top notch, and the power is more than adequate. I have a small air noise coming from the right rear window which I have not pinpointed yet but that is not a deal breaker. Got a 24 month B-to-B warranty for $1.5k just to cover my bases. I am impressed as are all my friends who have seen the vehicle, a $50k car for less than half that, definitely a great buy!

9 years old and going strong

by rjones2074 from PA on Thu Nov 07 2013

Replaced brakes, tires , and oil. No maintenance issues. The style of the car still get compliments due to the awesome paint and clean lines. Average 28 mpg on the the highway at 75 mph. Getting the t-belt changed, fuel and coolant flush, and replacing the chrome trim on front and rear bumpers (car will look brand new). I look at newer cars but cannot justify getting rid of if just because of the model year. I have cruised at 110+ mph with a new 370z with no concerns (he kept looking back at me). I take corners at speeds that seem very unreasonable (but does great) and kick back and jam to the stereo when cruising. You cannot beat this car for the price, I am so glad it did not become popular, means I can buy another one.

All around best car I have ever owned

by DC from Williamstown, Vermont on Mon Apr 02 2012

2006 RL, bought used in 2007 with 20K, now has 71K. Has needed nothing but oil and filter changes. Good mileage. SH AWD is better in Vermont snow and mud than my Subaru because the torque vectoring rear axle is more stable. Very comfortable and stable in all conditions. Great seats! Best headlights I have ever used for brightness and visibility. Low beams turn for corners which works great. Awesome vehicle for trips! Navigation and voice commands work really well. This car is the only one (with the navigation) that has got me to Fenway Park without getting lost.

My 6th Acura

by EdLR from Chicago, IL on Fri Mar 28 2008

OK, I admit I'm hooked on Acuras. My family has had 2 Integras, a 3.2 CL, a 3.2TLS and currently have an MDX, TSX and my RL. I bought the RL used as a retirement present for myself. It had 39,000 miles in it when I bought it in 2007. It gets decent mileage, handles well, and is incredibly luxurious inside. Whenever I had a question, the Acura dealer has done a great job helping me learn all the things that the car can do. The technology is daunting but easy to use once you figure it out. My only issues on things that would have been nice to include were a back-up camera and better tires. The tire size severely limits your replacement choices. We've had 3 of our Acuras well past 100,000 miles and the RL looks to be in the same category. No major problems in a year of ownership and about 19,000 miles. $50,000 is a bit steep for a new one, but $31,000 was a great deal for a used one!

James

by Car enthusiast from Williamsburg,VA on Tue May 30 2006

Excellent car, previously owned a 2002 BMW 530, the RL is more driver friendly and has loads of technology and comfort features. Surprisingly, the performance is about the same as the BMW which is impressive

Almost perfect

by Edwin from Prescott, Arizona on Mon Jul 31 2006

Traded a 2001 Mercedes E320 looking for a trouble free replacemet and this is it. Fit, finish, reliability, performance, features and comfort are superior. Only complaint is lack of backup camera or warning system which should be standard on a car in this class.

Best car on the road

by Acura for life from on Mon Sep 27 2010

Luxurious, reliable, sporty, awd vehicle that handles any and all conditions! Great in the snow - just as good or better than my old Subaru. Ton's of technology. I've owned it for 2 year with no problems. Too bad the 2010 redesign was so bad, or I may have bought a new on, of course most people think mine is new anyway, because of the top notch paint Acura uses.

My Dreamride

by Acura Nut from Memphis, TN on Sat Nov 15 2008

I finally got my paws on a 2005 RL. This is my third acura and my other two (TL and MDX) are still running strong without any problems. Maintenance can be a little expensive but it is worth it in the long run.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2005 Acura RL

I'm not typically a fan of sitting in one place for too long, but in the 2005 Acura RL you can serve me breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I will still be asking for more. The seats are just THAT comfortable. The steering wheel adjusts beautifully, and for pregnant mommies out there, when I turn off the car, the steering wheel automatically lifts and retracts into its original "easy to exit the car" position.

The center console in the Acura RL includes two cupholders. On a more interesting note, the top of the console is capped off with a small "his" and "her" compartment or, as in the case of my husband and me, a "her" and "her" compartment, similar to our walk-in closet arrangement. Since I'm absolutely... Read More