Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 RL

2006 Acura RL

2006 Acura RL

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Acura RL?

A lot of car for your used car dollars

by RLowner from Pennsylvania on Tue May 12 2009

I looked at BMW 5-series and Mercedes E class, and at the end of the day I didn't want to have a car that I didn't feel confident in day in and day out. Truth is the BMW and Mercedes are really nice cars, but the maintenance and reliability are not on par with Acura or Lexus. The RL is a lot of car for moderate money. Hands down the best used car value in the luxury car market.

What a CAR!!

by seabee1123 from Silver Spring on Wed Jan 25 2017

I was looking for a AWD sedan around 10,000 or so. Kept looking and found a SH-AWD Acura 2006 in mint condition for 10.5. I currently have an Audi A6 2013 A great Car,Awesome!! But this 2006 RL SH-AWD is Close to as good and,as my son says its a 2013 compared to 2006. My point is this is a Great Car Period!!

Wow, get this car!

by Air232 from Boston, MA on Mon Aug 30 2010

This car is absolutely amazing, from the all wheel drive, to the navigation, you just can't go wrong. I have had the TL before, but this car definitely tops it. I would recommend this car to anyone, get more bang for your buck with this car compared to other cars such as Lexus and BMW!

Great Car!

by JimG from Worcester, MA on Sun Jul 17 2011

I love this car. Bought a used 2006 with all the bells/whistles except the back up camera. I've driven it about 5K miles and enjoyed every one. A great highway car. I wish it had the b/u camera since I am skittish about backing up into a wall or post. Otherwise, I'm glad that I found it. The styling of the 05-06 is superior to the new ones in my opinion. Overall great car.

Best bang for the buck

by Howard from Souther California on Sat Jul 29 2006

This car is a sleeper. Cross shopped the RL with the M35, GS 300 and BMW 530. All cars are good but the RL has 95% of the features I was looking for at thousands of dollars less (which resulted in an excellent lease price) Ergonomics is the best in class as is the nav system. Overall comfort is excellent for short and long drives. The car rides smoothl with some road feedback (which is a good thing). The only negatives for me are rear seats are tighter then the competition and I would have preferred 18" wheels. Resale value is below average. Therefore I would more strongly recommend leasing the car then buying the car.

Finest car I've ever owned

by Honda Fan from Boise, Idaho on Mon Feb 12 2007

I got the RL in late August "06, have 4500 miles on it and am very well pleased. It has great power, has cat-like agility in the mountain twisties, eats up the highway miles, gets 22mpg city and 27mpg highway, and has unequaled ergonomic comfort. My Cadillac owner friend says it's the finest car he has ever ridden in. It surpasses my MBZ, Olds, Chevy, and all those great Hondas

Nicest car that I've owned

by Engineer Car Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Jun 16 2014

I was fortunate to find a this 2006 Acura RL with only 30K miles. Since the test drive, It has continued to be a great ride. The positives are the power which makes a great difference while navigating the heavy L.A. traffic. The mpg is not too bad. Just a little worse than the Honda Accord V6 I drove previously. I really like the styling and preferred it to the later model Acura's. The information from the car's computer is very informative as is the GPS. The single knob controller took a little while to get used to but I have easily mastered it. It could be a little daunting for some that doesn't like joysticks and lots of buttons. The only thing that I've noticed on the exterior is that some of the chrome plated plastic strips have lost the coating. I think that this car is a good value for the price that I got for the mileage and the fact that I've had excellent experience with Honda product reliability in the past. The only thing to note is that reliability will certainly be worse with a system that possesses many more parts - more things that can go wrong so that probability of failure will be higher than a simpler car. I was able to test the spare after running over accident debris and it performed well. The TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) worked perfectly telling me I had a flat which I could already tell. One last thing. The RL model has the most complicated key FOB. So, if you need an additional one you will need to pay for the FOB, the key insert and a programming fee - all totaling around $500.00. You should know that going in which I already did.

very dependable

by cougar jim from michigan on Thu Aug 31 2006

Great car ,but should have back-up sensors. Do not like the driver outside mirror pointing to the ground when car is in reverse.

Almost Perfect

by 4thAcura from Massachusetts on Wed Nov 27 2013

This is my 4th Acura and my 3rd RL. I am really impressed with the handling. I am used to performance and I was skeptical about it being a good as claimed. I decided to see how it compared to my 2001 RL. I took a standard cloverleaf at 65 mph and there was no detectable lean, no squealing of tires. It just hung in there. I have two negatives. I notice that the headlights in low beams don't light very far ahead maybe 100 feet of so tops. I find I need to be very careful on dark roads for people walking on side of road. Often do not see them until last second. Otherwise I really like it.

Sporty luxury sedan

by Tim from on Tue May 30 2017

Everything you need in a car wrapped in luxury. If only the iphone pairing to the bluetooth in 2006 models worked, it would be the total car package.

1 2 3